main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Operation Overlord

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jango10, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    NaboosPrincess Approved!

SUPREME HEADQUARTERS
    ALLIED EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.
    In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats,
    in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home
    Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men.
    The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

SIGNED: Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rules

1. No God-Moding or Autohitting
    2. The GM (and Co-GMs) have the final say on everything.
    3. Obey TOS
    4. Only 1 Character Per Person
    5. Have Fun!

Factions

Several different Factions and Divisions will be available for RP. Each Faction covers different areas of the D-Day Invasion, and will have a different GM.

American 101st Airborne Division (Behind the Beaches)
    GM: Jango10

American 2nd Ranger Battalion (Omaha Beach)
    GM: BLemelisk

British 50th Infantry Division (Gold Beach)
    GM: pashatemur

German 346th Infantry Division (All Beaches)
    GM: Imperial_Hammer

Allied Weapons

For More Info: Brothers in Arms Site

M1911 Semi-Automatic Pistol

M1 Carbine Semi-Automatic Rifle

M1 Grand Semi-Automatic Rifle

M1903 Bolt-Action Rifle

M1A1 Sub-machine Gun

M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR)

M9A1 Bazooka

Mark II A1 Fragmentation Grenade

M1919A4 Browning Light Machine Gun

Axis Weapons

Walther P38 Semi-Automatic Pistol

MP40 Sub-Machine Gun

MP44 Sturmgewehr Assault Rifle

Mauser K98 Rifle

KAR 98K Rifle with Scope

Panzerfaust 60 Rocket Launcher

MG42 Machine Gun

Classes

Rifleman: All around well trained soldier. Uses all rifles and submachine guns.

Sniper: Excellent shot, stealthy. Able to use sniper rifles.

Demolitions: Able to use anti-vehicle weapons.

Heavy Weapons: Able to use machine guns. (MG42, M1919A4 Browning Light Machine Gun)

Radio Techician: Carries the same weapons as a rifleman, but also carries a radio to report to superiors, call in airstrikes, etc.

Medic: Carries the same weapons as a rifleman, but also carries medical supplies. (If your character is wounded, they will require medical attention if they are to function as a proper soldier.)

Note: All soldiers will wield a pistol and a few grenades.

Character Sheet

PM all character sheets before approval! Failure to do so will result in not being able to participate in the RPG! Also, PM your sheet to the GM of the faction you are planning to join.

Name:
    Faction:
    Class:
    Favorite Weapon: (Doesn't mean you have to use the weapon during the entire RP.)
    Weight:
    Hair:
    Eyes:
    Any other features:
    Picture:
    Bio:

Posting

To avoid confusion, each faction will have a different color when posting. You only have to color the opening (

2. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    I asked for something like this months ago and it wasn't approved. [face_plain]

Of course mine would have place throughout the war but, yeah.

That really PO's me, I won't be joining but I'm gonna go complain about this.

EDIT: And when I say the same, I mean, everything you posted here I was going to put in it. What the hell is her problem?

EDIT2: On second thought, I will join. I'll work on a character right now.

3. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    GM Note

I am leaving tonight to go on vacation. I will be returning on Thursday. Players wanting to join the 101st Airborne Division can still PM me their character sheets. I will reply to them when I return. Thanks!

4. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Jacob Thigpen.
    Faction: Allied Forces.
    Hometown: Jacksonville, FL.
    Height: 5?11.
    Weight: 195 lbs.
    Hair: Military Buzz Cut
    Hair Color: Reddish Brown.
    Heritage: Irish.
    Eye Color: Hazel.
    Facial Hair: None at the moment.
    Physical Condition: Quite Good.
    Role: Rifleman.
    Weapons: M1 Garand semi-automatic rifle, 5 Mark II Frag Grenades, M1911 Semi-Automatic Pistol, Knife.
    Division: American 101st Airborne Division.
    Bio: Jacob Thigpen who was born in Jacksonville, Florida in 1925 on July 20th is one of the many who will be dropping into enemy lines during Operation Overlord. While a massive Allied Force attacks beaches along France?s western seaboard coast, he and the 101st Airborne Division will drop into Nazi occupied France to take strategic strong points. While the Germans believe that the Normandy invasion is a diversion, it is the main attack and invasion point into war torn Europe. He is a very good Marksman, hitting most of his targets during training. He?s also very fit in terms of his body shape, he joined up in the Army to defend freedom and peace, he knows he?ll get the chance to do so...no matter how much hell is ahead of him.

5. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    GM APROVED
    Name:rick cloud
    Faction:american 101st airborn division
    Class:rifleman
    Favorite Weapon:tommy gun
    Height:reg
    Weight:low
    Hair:black
    Eyes:hazel
    Any other features:boyish look
    Picture:none!
    Bio:born and raised in kansas on a farm,rick cloud always dreamed of being a hero.
    bored with his country life,he ran off to the military.But,he soon learned that war isn't a game.when the war started,he lost his brother,who joined the army before him,in a hit and run mission.feuled with anger and a thirst for revenge,he's not the most friendly person.But he's always willing for anything.

6. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
  7. Chip_Hunter2442

Chip_Hunter2442 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    GM Approved

Name: Aaron Barr
    Faction: American 2nd Ranger Battalion
    Class: Sniper
    Favorite Weapon: M1903 Bolt-Action Rifle
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 180
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Any other features: Diagonal scar on his left cheek
    Picture: N/A
    Bio: Born to poor farmers Aaron lived in poverty. At age 15 he was his family's main food supplier, because each day he went out hunting. His daily hunting improved his marksmanship until he was a crack shot with a rifle. But when duty called Aaron joined the army as another way to support his family.

His amazing marksmanship skills and great work ethic all lended themselves to helping him graduate first in his class. Then he went into Sniper training. Their to he graduated top of his class. Fresh out of the barracks Aaron is ready to fight and or die for his country if need be.

8. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    GM Approved:

Michael Wittmann
    Faction: SS (German)
    Class: Panzer Commander
    Favorite Weapon: Mark VI Tiger Tank
    Height: 5?10?
    Weight: 170
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Any other features:
    Picture: http://users.pandora.be/dave.depickere/Text/wittman.html
    Bio: Wittman was born in 1914. An avid Nazi, he has translated his vigor into an excellent zeal for maneuvers and attacks with the tank. One of the premier tank aces of the German Army, he has been personally responsible for the destruction of over 80 soviet tanks and dozens of other vehicles and weapons. His unit, the SSPzAbt 101 of the LSSAH (101st Heavy Tank battalion of the 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler) was transferred to Normandy in may of 1944, where he and his crack unit await the Anglo-American Invasion.

9. jedi-mafia89

jedi-mafia89 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2003
    Approved

Name: Matthew Calico
    Faction: American 2nd Ranger Batallion
    Class: Heavy Weapons
    Favorite Weapon: M1A1 Sub-Machine Gun
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 162 lbs
    Hair: short; brown
    Eyes: brown
    Any other features: scar on right eye from bb gun
    Picture: n/a
    Bio: Matthew was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. He's the younger brother of Daniel Calico. His father, also named Daniel was a known musician, playing in a number of groups over the years. When he was very young, his mother Linda died of cancer. It was just the three of them, they were devastated. The Calico men moved to Long Island, NY. For awhile they had to live with their father's sister, their aunt Marianne. Matthew and his brother spent most of their time with their uncles, going bug squashing. Once they had the money, the men moved to Florida. Matthew spent the rest of his days there. Growing up, he was a remarkable student. Graduated each year with high honors. When Matty was 17, his father re-married a woman named Jay. In the beginning, the boys loved her company, but once she married their father, things changed. She wasn't as sweet anymore, and kept getting the boys in trouble. They never complained to their father about Jay. He was happy, and that's what they wanted him to be. So they moved out together, and into an apartment. Once Matty graduated from high school, his m ind was set on college, the problem was, he didn't have the money to get in. So he joined the army where he studied and trained at the same time. He was still quite an amazing student, but he'd also turned into a very impressive soldier. Once again he had received honors in the heavy weapons department. When Matty was just a child, he and his father were apart of the boy scouts. Matty was apart of the scouts for years. He grew into the leader. The scouts would go on countless camping trips, learning how to survive in the most devastating times. With Matty's survival skills from the boy scouts combined with his honors in weapons, he'd turned into a highly respected soldier.

10. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    when do we start?

11. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    GM Approved and the whatnot

Name: Geoffrey Zahn
    Faction: American 101st Airborne Division
    Favorite Weapon: M1903 Bolt-Action Rifle (with Scope)
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 142
    Any other features: A thick scar running along his left jaw bone.
    Bio: Geoffrey was born April 19, 1916 to Vernon and Marsha in the small town of Bellingham, Minnesota. His father owned the general store in town and their family was fairly well off for the first 13 years of his life. He attended school and spent his free time playing ball with his friends. He had begun to do some work for his father's store when America entered the Great Depression. As the people of Bellingham lost much of their money, they were unable to buy many of the products at Vernon's store. As such, the family quickly went through the money they had saved and in the Summer of 1931, Vernon was forced to close the store. With virtually nothing but the clothes on their backs, the family moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota where Vernon and Geoffrey got jobs working impossibly long hours for next to nothing in a flour mill. For two years, the family struggled to get back on their feet. In 1933, his mother Marsha died from dysentry. His father was crushed by this and slowly deteriorated into drinking and depression. On June 6th, 1934, his father committed suicide. With his father gone, Geoffrey was the only member of his family left. His income at the mill was not enough to keep the apartment his family had been living in, and with no other recourse, he lied about his age and enlisted in the military in the fall of 1934. He started out in the infantry attached to Fort Snelling where he discovered a talent with a rifle and a love of the military. It was the talent with the rifle and an affinity for flying that landed him a spot in early paratroop testing. When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941, plans were accelerated to bring American Airborne forces into the fray. Soon thereafter, he was assigned to newly-created 101st Airborne Division. He has participated in several of the campaigns that it has been used in, and it looking forward to the next great undertaking, for which they have been training in Britain.

12. Detjen

Detjen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Name: Detjen Haynes
    Faction: 101st Airborn
    Class: Rifleman
    Favorite Weapon: BAR
    Height:
    Weight:
    Bio: Born in California, his family owned a small grocery store in the small Northern town of Susanville where he grew up. He was a good student and had plans on going into college after highschool, but was only in there for a year before the Japanese attacked Pearl Habor. Outraged with the rest of the nation on the attacks he put asside his college and immediatly enlisted, where he was put through basic and later assigned to the 509th Airborne Regiment. The 509th carried out the first US airborne operation, droppiong troops into Africa during operation torch, where he recived his first combat experience. first issued an M1 Garand when he dropped in his weapon quickly jammed, he aquired a B.A.R and quickly fell in love with the weapon despite its weight compared to other rifles. After the sucessful African campaign he was transfered to the newly formed 101st where his experience will hopefully save many of the fresh out of bootcamp or those who never jumped before. He plans on dropping into Normandy with his B.A.R despite its weight.

13. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Where is he? We have plenty of players.

EDIT: And BTW, anyone else in the 101st can call me "Pigpen" because my characters name is Thigpen. Of course my real name is Thigpen and some people call my family Pigpen, so basically it's a normal "nickname" people use to get on my nerves. So some of you guys get to call my character Pigpen.

14. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    GM approved

Name: Wulf Geirhardt
    Faction: German
    Favorite Weapon: MP44 Sturmgewehr assault rifle
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 83 kg
    Hair: brown
    Eyes: green
    Any other features: a scar from his hairline over his right eye and to his mid cheek
    Division: Fallschirmjager {paratroopers}
    Bio: Wulf was born into a reletively wealthy family just outside Munich. His parents were prominant members of a anti nazi political party and were soon under survellance from the government once they were in power.

Once germany entered poland Wulf was conscripted suspiciously fast into the german army. He proved he was an exellent soldier {whatever his views} and soon found himself transfered to the paratrooper course. Wulf has fought throughout many theatre's of war in the 5 years he has been in the Fallschirmjager. from the invasion of crete to Monte Cassino in italy and the russian front, where he was awarded the knights cross for valor. he and his comrades now find themselves assigned to normandy, france for "light duties" as a reward for managing to survive the russian front.

15. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    GM Approved

Name: Jeff Stafford
    Faction: American 2nd Ranger Battalion
    Favorite Weapon: M1A1 Sub-machine Gun
    Height: 6,1
    Weight: 200
    Hair: Brown military cut
    Eyes: blue
    Any other features: Has a tough outer look
    Picture: n/a
    Bio: His dad was a solider when he was younger,with his retirement he tought his son about military tatics and tought him some training he recivied during his tour of duty.When the US entered the war he signed up for duty as soon as he could.After getting done with basic training he was transfered to the Rangers and got some more training before heading out to the front.During battle his officer was shot and killed he was the highest ranking solider in the squad so he took command of it and completed his mission and left without suffering anymore kills.After a few more battles he was a battle hardened solider,when his orders came to join the D-Day attack he was ready he is ready to prove himself on the beachs of Normandy.

16. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I'm here, and we will start once I contact the other GMs.

17. DarthLaxon7

DarthLaxon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    GM approved.
    OOC:when are we starting this?
    Name: Chris Colt
    Faction: 2nd American Ranger Division
    Favorite Weapon: M1 Carbine
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 193
    Hair: long brown hair
    Eyes: dark brown eyes
    Any other features:is a natural leader ever since he was a kid in sports games.
    Picture: http://pcfootball.net/images/Screenshots/Call%20of%20Duty/Call%20of%20Duty%2004.jpg
    Bio: grew up in Boston,MA. played football and baseball when he was a kid and was always the captain or leader.

18. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Man I can't wait to do this.

I can see it now...

"The sound of war, when it's silent it's deafening."

Young Army Private Jacob Thigpen thought to himself and the loud hum of the rotors spinning at thousands of revolutions per minute on the wings of the airplane he was in. Men were coughing, some felt sick from being at that altitude. Jake seemed to be zoned out, as did everyone else aboard "Martha 2". No one said a word, until the Commander broke the silence...

"ONE MINUTE TO DROP ZONE!" The Commander yelled, it made some men jump up but for most it was just another sound of war.

That's just a sample of my work.

19. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    GM Approved

Name: Matt "Dead Eye" Butcher
    Faction: British 50th Infantry Division
    Favorite Weapon: Lee Enfield No.4 rifle
    Height: 6"5
    Weight: 135 lbs
    Hair: Light brown
    Any other features: Long scar down one side of his face, from shrapnel
    Picture: N/a
    Bio: Dead Eye was born on the 25th March 1925. He was born and raised in the slums of London, amongst a family of 6 brothers. When Dead Eye was 9 years old, in July 1934, he and his family went on holiday to Germany. His parents and brothers were staying in a hotel with an esteemed NAzi General. On the night now referred to as "Nacht der langen Messer (Night of the Long Knives)" Dead Eye was staying at one of his new friends house. Nazi troops, under the orders of the Fuhrer himself, came to the hotel, and murdered the general, and all the other occupants. When Dead-Eye found out about his families death, he went beserk. He ran away from Germany, hitch hiking his way back home to Britain. 5 years later, when war broke out he immediately signed up for the army, lying about his age. The British were so desperate for troops, they shipped him out to France. After the phoney war period, Dead Eye was pushed back to Dunkirk, where he was injured, by a German bomb. After being rescued by a friendly Portsmouth fisherman, and being sewn up by a medic, he was declared unfit for the army. For the next 3 years he resided in Portsmouth, with the fisherman who had saved his life. At 18 he was married to the friendly fishermans daughter, and when he heard of invasion plans, he asked to be put back on duty. The army gave him a medical, and found him fit and ready for duty. He now gets ready to leave for france once more.

20. DarthLaxon7

DarthLaxon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    OOC:When are we going to start?

21. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    We will start this week, I promise. Make up work for school has taken up most of my time, and as I get it turned in, I will have more time to post.

22. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Name: Sear Munoz
    Faction:American 101st Airborne Division
    Class: Medic
    Favorite Weapon:M1 Carbine Semi-Automatic Rifle
    Height: 6'6"
    Weight: 210
    Any other features: Strong build/ athletic.
    Picture:
    Bio: When Sear was 5 he wanted to join the military and serve his country. his dad who was in the navy inspired him to get good grades and join the air force or navy. Sear was raised in many places due to his father military position.

23. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Name: James "Jimmy" Mason
    Faction: Allied, 101st Airborne
    Class: Medic
    Favorite Weapon: M1A1
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 189 pounds
    Hair: brown hair
    Eyes: blue
    Any other features: none
    Picture: http://photobucket.com/albums/a144/Uber-Ed/?action=view&current=Sergeant.jpg

Bio: Jimmy was born in Texas in 1917 in a small town named Mason in the dead center of Mason county. The whole area was a big nothing. It was a prime ranching area and if it weren't for war, Jinmmy would have grown up to be in that buisness.

When Jimmy turned 18, he caught a bus and went North to the nearest military base, knowing all of the growing tension in Europe. He climbed his way through boot camp and finally saw action. His first action would be behind the lines where the most dangerous work was to be done.

24. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    FYI:
    I'm taking over the GM position for the German players. The previous GM, Imperial_Hammer, has had to bow out. It's a shame, he'd have been excellent. I'll do my best to match the level of excellence we've come to expect from him.
    If any German players have any questions (uhhh, I think there are two.. including me) don't hesitate to PM and ask.

Jango: Since we are short on players, If you want me to, I'll RP the stuff from Oberfehlshaber West (Supreme Command West) on down if necessary (i.e. Von Rundstedt & Rommel & so forth). Hitler and the rest of Oberkommando Des Heeres (High Command German Army) should probably be NPC's, otherwise, for balance we'd need Churchill & Roosevelt.

25. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    GM Note

The Germans and the British only have two people to each faction. It would be helpful if any new players would consider joining either of these factions.

The Factions(including GMs):

101st: 7
    Rangers: 5
    British: 3
    Germans: 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.