main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Orlando System Newbie Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Gay-LenKenobi, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    A lot of new people lately, myself included. Everyone is introducing themselves one by one, so I thought that we could use a thread for everyone who's new to gather and meet the older members.
    (BTW, hope I am not too presumptuous in starting this. I know Cigam Retah is city rep, and if you'd like to take over, please do!)

So, since I am still pretty new, I'll start.

Hi all, my name is Lisa and I'm a freshman student at UCF. I just moved to Orlando in Aug, and found this fanforce in Feb. I haven't been able to make a meeting yet, though I hear they are the first weekend of each month. I am really excited at the prospect of meeting other fans, as my home town is rather backwards and dull without any organized fans. I'm curious if any clear decision was made about which theater the group will attend so that I can meet you all!

Anyone else new?

2. ChuckMc72

ChuckMc72 Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2001
    As I mentioned earlier, I am a NEWBIE.
    I'm a single (well...seperated...2 1/2 years kinda makes me "single") father of 2 miniature SW fans. We collect everything Star Wars that Hasbro makes. I'm not really into dressing up (although I did go to Monsterween 2001 in Cocoa Beach as Darth Maul). I don't rollplay, but I have just started playing JK2, MotS online if that counts. I look forward to meeting all of you in person, provided we have a meeting on a Sunday or Monday since those are my days off from work. I work at BestBuy in Waterford Lakes, so if you're in the area, stop by and say Hi.
    ChuckMC

3. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Thanks Lisa! I was miling over a 'Welcome Newbies' thread, but I'm glad someone had the forward thinking to get off the pot!

Just like to let the word out if anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions in regarding the Fanforce, or the JC in General, shoot me an Email at JDHennon@cfl.rr.com.

4. RogueLeader8370

RogueLeader8370 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey guys, another newbie here too. I love SW and am looking forward to meeting some other local fans. I am married with 3 children and work as an A/C tech. I would love to be kept informed as to the meeting times and places so that I may attend and meet you all. Oh, and by the way, thanks for the welcome.

RogueLeader8370

5. Jedi Without a Cause

Jedi Without a Cause Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2000
    Well, I've been toying with introducing myself here for a bit. I live in Panama City actually not Orlando, but I got my eye on moving there soon. I'd especially like to get there before may so as to see episode II digitally.

I'm, 22, an actor and I DON'T need a governess. ;-)

6. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    Welcome! I am looking forward to meeting some of you at the next meeting. :)

7. JedisDoItBest

JedisDoItBest Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2001
    Hey There peoples, I'm Matt, I live in Daytona, I've been around the fanforce boards for a while but in my old prefecture, New York... Up there I was the Technical Coordinator for the 3 week line-up for Episode 1, we raised around 15000 dollers for charity and are doing it again... I'm doing what I can from 1000 miles away and plan on going up to see it...

Anywho I would also like to volenteer my time to any fan-films that need some help, I have an XL-1 and a G4 w/Final Cut Pro to boot... wow I actually used to boot in a sentence...

Well I have to run along now but i'll be back to annoy everyone later,

Matt

8. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I am rude and remiss....
    Welcome to all of the Newbies! The O-Sys rocks, and from reading your posts so do you.
    If you need any information, have any questions feel free to PM the Oldies. I am willing to take anyone under my wing if need be.
    By the way... I am Buzz. I live in Jacksonville I quit smoking 10 days ago and now own a surfboard.
    Oh by the way.... Star wars is my reality.
    Buzz

9. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey peeps- I hail from Port St. John- it barely makes it on any maps- I know- but hey I get a great view of shuttle launches! Well I look forward to meeting everyone at the meeting- I hope I find it. I hate the traffic on 436! But thats it. Later.

10. WookieDookies

WookieDookies Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    No longer living under jedibountyhunter's shadow, I am one individual, Eddie's brother Eddie is WOOKIE DOOKIES, this ain't your mom's cooking class no more...yep...so what's going on guys?

11. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
  12. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    That didn't make any sense whatsoever... what the hell.... Welcome to Orlando!!!

13. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    "My name is Cigam...and I'm a Newbie-Holic."

"Hi Cigam."

14. Tahiri_2

Tahiri_2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2001
    Hey

Im not really a newbie but i havent really been to any fan meetings. I mainly just read on my own. But i wouldnt mind getting some info or getting to know ppl in orlando like my self who are fans.

15. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Welcome!
    The best wy to get to know us if you can't make it to the meetings is to read our posts, ane PM/Email the other members. We are really good at listing our meetings and events so feel free to check on us.
    Feel free to share a little about yourself too. We get to know ourselves by getting to know each other. Give us the same chance.
    Buzz

16. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey! My name is Jessie and I'm going to school over in Daytona and was wondering where you people usually have meetings. If they're not too far, I would love to make a few.

17. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Welcome to the neighborhood.
    If you need a ride let us know and we will arrange something.
    If not, Directions will get posted.
    Buzz

18. Green_Saber

Green_Saber Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    I guess I am a NEWBIE too. Never realized this fanforce existed. I have been reading and collecting SW stuff for years. I have a 4 yr old future jedi son, and a 13 yr old nephew padawan. They are really just getting into SW. I have a feeling that AOTC will cement my nephew's interest.

Is there a specific theater or time when everyone is planning on going?

19. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Hello all,

My name is Jason. I?m a newbie and thought that sense I took part in Monday night?s activities at the 441 Wal-Mart; I should make myself know to all.

I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a little kid. My first movie going experience was seeing 'A New Hope' in the theatre when I was 5yrs. old. Since then, I have always been fascinated with Lucas and his space saga/opera. Having my very active imagination inspirered by the earlier films has lead to me to want to make some myself. I am currently working at a local theatre to make ends meet and to save up to move one day. Until then I?ll keep writing and making small film projects to satisfy my hunger. I am interested in meeting anyone who is into making fan films. My friend JedisDoItBest is a wiz with the ol? Cannon XL-1 and is interested as well.

Since I manage a theatre and we will be getting the new movie, I would like to purpose a weekly screening on say Saturday nights at my theatre. I know most of you all live in Orlando and it?s a bit of a drive, but? it a free movie, and its Star Wars.

Again, I just want to say Hello and Thanks to the people I meet the other night. I hope to meet more of you in the near future.

P.S. Can future meeting take place on a Sunday? Cause I have to work every single Friday and Saturday until I quit.

J

20. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Jason,

Where is the theater? (This might have been posted somewhere else but I missed it).

Sandy

21. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Well Sandy,

I work for a company called Eastern Federal Corporation. The actual theatre is called the Port Orange Six. Now don't let the low screen digits fool you, we have the best state-of-the-art theatre sound systems in Daytona. The Company is a small chain of theatres mostly in NC, SC and the Florida panhandle.

As a company they really encourage promotions, so in the past 3 years of working for them. I have done several that have been really successful. The Mummy Returns, Pearl Harbor, Harry Potter, and LOTR's to name a few. each time I had tie-ins with Barnes & Noble, fast food chain resturants and the like. For Pearl Harbor I was able to bring up about 35 members of the Space Shuttle Chapter of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Ass. for the opening weekend. I grabbed headline news with it, also TV and Orlando print coverage.

What I am hoping to do with a promotion for Star Wars is this...

1. Have every single one of my employees that work Thur-Sun in a coustume.

2. Bring in outside costumers to help work the crowd, give away prizes, and just add a little bit more to the overall excitment of the weekend.

3. Set up an interactive 'Watto's Junkyard' that will be playing not only the trailers for the new movie, but other tv's will play the OT, and the 2nd Phantom Menace DVD discs showcasing the Documetaries, etc.

4. A display of the OT posters.

5. The Concession Stand dressed up as the Bar in the new movie.

So, I put this out to all who are reading, and have a love for Star Wars and might have a costume and nothing to do on Friday the 17th, or Saturady the 18th or Sunday the 19th.

Please call me at (386) 788-6941

or just drop me a line at horsedreamerfilms@hotmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

NOW, as far as screening the print after hours. It'll happen after close on the 16th, 17th and the 18th for sure with future dates to come.

That is all

J

22. killaklone

killaklone Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    As you can tell I too am a "newbie" My name is Andrew... and I just started going to fullsail in March. And TESB is my favorite movie of all time... but I love movies in general as well.

23. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Hi everyone!

I finally decided to be sociable in the wee thread. hehe.

24. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Welcome to the Orlando System. May your stay be pleasent and free of rebellion harrasment!

25. 1Grrl4Vic

1Grrl4Vic Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Another newbie here...

I've been a SW fan for a good 12 years and recently have thought about "finding my own kind." Co-workers, friends and family just dont understand, am I right?

I'm a shy and quiet girl of 23, living in Winter Springs. I'd love to attend a meeting or get-together sometime.... even though I'd probably just stand near the back attracting as little attention as possible.

dani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.