main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OryCon Discussion

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Gunny, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    OK, since OryCon is coming up later this month, we really should discuss how this is going to go.

What We Do Know:

jawafett (Eric) will not be able to attend the show due to the Thanksgiving weekend.
    AramysStrael (Bill) will be with the Mandalorian Mercs during the show, and may not be around the OFF table very much during the event.
    JediGunship (Matt) will be watching the table on Friday and Sunday, with Saturday still up in the air due to family reasons dealing with Thanksgiving.

That's all I know at the moment. Please add if you are going to attend and if you can watch the table if no one else is available at those times. Otherwise, I would like it if someone else from our group could show up to help me out, but that's not required. I have the business cards/fliers with me, and will bring them to OryCon on Friday.

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I have the other business cards with me, just in case.

I will be there all weekend, but like Matt said, mostly as a Merc. We are going to be doing a Jail and Bail fundraiser event at OryCon. Of course, I would need someone responsible enough to keep the money safe.

The nice thing is that Matt Copper, Oomar from the CCG boards will be there. I am sure that he wouldn't mind helping out, as needed. I wouldn't want to take advantage of his generosity, but I am sure he would help us if we need.

But like I said for the Comic Book Show, if you absolutely need me to fill in, don't hesitate to ask! Since the tables are together, I am sure that there will always be someone manning the tables at all times!

- Bill

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OK, Ive had a schedule change. Now Friday is when family is coming down to see us, so I don't know yet if I'll be at OryCon on Friday. Whan are the hours on Friday?

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    From like 5pm to 11pm. Opening ceremony is at 7pm.

- Bill

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OK. I'll probably be able to be there, albeit a little late.

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    No worries... I am shooting to be there around 5pm for table setup. We will mill around for a bit, kind of greeting the crowd sort of thing. Then at 7pm, we will be attending the opening ceremony for the convention.

I am borrowing a friend's van for the transport of all the necessary table items for Friday night. I think there is a good possibility that I couldbe there sooner than 5pm, but i wanted to give myself some leeway. James and Lisa ought to be in town around 3pm. They may start on the table then, but I am not sure, though.

Either way, this should be an exciting weekend!

- Bill

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That's why I'm trying to get as much homework done as possible.

8. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Hello~

I can't make it to OryCon this weekend. I hope you guys have a good time and post some pics. :)

-IJedi

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, the Doubletree is a nice place. However, the Jail and Bail didn't work out so well.

10. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    From what I saw of Orycon, I can see another apperance from OFF just to get the word out. Maybe not a table, but as participants. But more discussion on it is needed for next year's Orycon. Thank you Matt and Bill for hosting the table. Hope to get some new members from the experience.

-Eric

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yep, some discussion for next year would help.

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Jail and Bail wasn't as successful as I would have liked, but we did raise $100! I think next year we will just use the Jail as a backdrop and do a photobooth. It seems to work in any type of venue and event.

However, the barbarian really played it off really well for us. Imagine a 5'10", 250 lb Mando tussling with a 6'3" (not going to venture a guess on weight) Barbarian, tossing him in the jail. Now imagine the commotion he stirred up. Yes, Wotan the Barbarian (Eric Pope) is a great performer! I'm very thankful for the performance that he and (faerie) Ammie Hague put on for the cause!

For a more detailed accounting of the after action report of the convention, check out this (sorry it is so long, but there was some much that happened that was worth mentioning)thread on the Mercs forum: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=19594.0

Good times!

- Bill

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Very informative report, Bill!

14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Yeah... I like to be thorough!

- Bill

Thread Status: