main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Other than Star Wars Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Apr 10, 2006.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    would love to see final fantasy advent children.. my son has a copy of it already in arkansas.. but I have not seen it yet.

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Looks like El Con is actually closer to everyone since we dont have anyone east. But do we wanna do this without Cat, she was looking forward to it.

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, I have confirmed I have the day off for Superman, june 30th, anyone want to go? I will actually wait in line for this one....btu Ill leave the cape at home (red underwear is still up in the air)

4. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    what happened to X3?

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I took the day off also.

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    sweet, want the same plan? El Con around 3ish? I can get the tickets online so we can go right in if anyone needs

7. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I don't know about you guys, but a group from work went the night it came out and we all watched it. I now have to go again because I missed the super-secret ending that only lasts for 20 seconds.

8. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    We all just had too much stuff come up

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Saw X-men 3 today. I haven't seen X-men 2 yet, so I can only compare it to X-men 1. It starts out sorta slow, about midway through the locations and story line seem to be bouncing around like a superball, but it does settle down in the last half and has an impressive final act. I'd say it is worth seeing.

Saw a preview for the movie, "Ghost Rider", starring Nicholas Cage. That's the Marvel Comics motorcycle guy with the flaming head. Never cared much for the character, myself.

Saw another preview for a movie starring Uma Thurman. She plays a woman who meets a guy, they date, he decides to break up with her. Only she has super powers... ...and she doesn't handle the breakup very well. Think "Fatal Attraction" crossed with "Supergirl" and add humor. Dark humor. One of her lines in the preview is,"I knew you would eventually come back to me, that's why I didn't kill you." Like I said, DARK humor.

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Saw "Superman Returns" today. Have to give it the ol' thumbs up. Without divulging too much, the FX were great, and more reality-accurate, but I didn't care much for the final solution Supes came up with for defeating Luthor's plans. And I think they made too many references to the first Superman film and stole too many lines from it, but like I said, overall, it was an enjoyable movie to watch.

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    AAAAAAARRGH, matey, so ye thinks yore somethin' o' an ol' pirate at heart, does ye? Well, then, shiver me timbers, it's time to weigh anchor and set sail for your local theatre to see "Pirates of the Caribbean; Dead Man's Chest". It shoor beats walking the plank, anytime.

12. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Well, I must admit I myself haven't seen that movie yet. But I'd sure like to see it. I'm also interested in using that soundtrack as a RPG atmosphere enhansment for gamer mood.