main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our Annual "Let's Do Something Nice for Someone at Christmas" Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, we've done the Angel Tree and the Ronald McDonald House and both went well. I'd love to continue the tradition. Yes, we're not huge, and yes, we're not rich; but we're all still pretty fortunate to be in a position to help out others. So . . . what do you guys think? Do we want to help out the RMH again or spread the wealth? :p I think the RMH went really well and Kevin H. is buddies with some folks over there which is helpful. But I am open to all options and suggestions. Let's go ahead and get the ball rolling on this and hopefully we can all meet for a shopping day and then again for drop-off day if needed.

That being said, I still have the photos from last year's RMH drop off which I intend to get posted on the website soon. :eek:

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I'm interested, but have no idea when right now. Things are hectic right now, but hopefully they'll calm down.

3. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well since there wasn't much response to this, I guess we'll let it slide this year. With the holidays, it's expected for things to be busy and out of control, but hopefully everyone can take a moment to reflect and maybe help somebody out. I don't think any of us are living the high life, as they say, but we're all very fortunate to be where we are at in life and to have the loved ones we have. So if nothing else, I hope to at least toss a Star Wars toy or two in a Toys for Tots box for a kid somewhere. I know it's not much, but at this time of year all the little things add up.

I hope everybody has a joyous holiday season - Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, enjoy Kwanzaa, whatever it is everybody celebrates. Be thankful for what we have and think back on the ones we have lost. KG - we miss you buddy! I look forward to getting the ball rolling on our group in the New Year and getting the word out so we can meet some new fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.