main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Who is to say that talks haven't already started to trade the Miner's two 1st rounders for the Mercs #3 overall pick? :p

[​IMG]

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I guess we can start bickering about the Draft now. :p Sounds like fun.

Anyways, I guess anyone interested in my pick can PM me an offer in the next few days. I probably won't follow up on it unless it's a really good offer, but you can certainly send something in.

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd rather see the speeder insurance commercial. After all Rodders should be palying the part of a "dancer".

Trieste likes this.
  4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Jedi Gunny Yeah, I have zero needs. Not like half my starting roster is going to be demanding championship raises with expiring contracts. :D

Actually, I can't wait to do a little more clean up from the championship and then get started on next season. I've got some big things planned.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Same here, been looking forward to this upcoming season for some time now. :p

[​IMG]

6. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    How pathetic am I... I listen to sports talk radio at lunch and they were talking about Aaron Rodgers. Everytime they said Rodgers though I heard RODDERS! DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK!!!

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's not like we have a salary cap or anything to prevent you from re-signing them all. :p

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I nearly laughed out loud at my desk when I read this. Thank goodness they moved me to my own office. ;)

And true, no salary cap, but I like to have some kind of realism and Kerry Trieste does actually think that the Miners should be at least self-sufficient. Radical idea, but it means she's got an internal cap. Now, granted, I think I once in the game (and heaven knows if I could find it again thanks to the post truncations) said that cap was 60 million credits. So if Alana's making 3 million a year, that's probably a realistic number. In fact, they're probably coming in a little under that. I mean, they've got Andersen on contract from the Smugglers, who probably signed her for a pair of buttons and some nachos once a week knowing how they cheap out their prospects. :D

But yeah, Andersen, Landa, North, and T.K. are easily all want to going to see at least Glencross money coming their way. The others aren't going to come cheap either.

So yeah, no salary cap, but I'm not made of money. Though Bardan_Jusik was talking about the possibility of a new commissioner. We could get Barry Gettman 'cause he loves the salary capz. #CommissionerforLife

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I don't think you'd ever want to actually consider that. :p

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    True. The salary cap would bring a huge degree of unnecessary complexity to this game. I'm content to merely regulate under the rule I wrote about teams needing to be financially solvent. ;

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Although I think that Barry Gettman would be the only person in this entire game that Bardan_Jusik could kill off without any of us feeling any ill will towards the act. :p

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I listening. :p

[​IMG]

13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    That brings up a good point, how much to the Starkillers have to pay the rookie they draft #1?

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    There are standard contracts given out to all draft choices (as an incentive for them to enter the draft in the first place) but to be honest the terms escape me. :p

[​IMG]

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably because the only contracts you know anything about are the ones that are on your own head.

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    There are a few. I have the death sentence on twelve systems! :p

[​IMG]

Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    All draftees must be given a minimum of 750,000 credits a year for at least four years. At least that's how I remember it. Trieste should add it to the draft rules post in the library thread.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That sounds about right. I remember they were for at least four years.

[​IMG]

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Given a #1 pick's usual salary in real life leagues, we're probably talking somewhere around 1.25 to 1.5 million a year if you want to be extremely realistic.

But we typically don't use exact contract terms, so it really doesn't count towards anything. Except that your team can't buy every high-priced Free Agent out there due to lower financial terms than other teams (Big Four, Bardan, CPL, etc.) would have.

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    jcgoble3 speaks the truth (as well as that I didn't have it in the draft rule thread, oops!). As Jedi Gunny points out, you may sign upwards of that. We haven't established procedures for if a draft pick would choose/threaten to sit out a season and reenter the draft. Like one named Meli Anning or something like that, but that probably wouldn't happen. You need not disclose contract details, but if you choose to think about such things Runjedirun these would be the proper things to think about. ;)

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    The words "your on the clock" will probably be haunting me in my sleep tonight...OY!

22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Jedi Gunny are the Force dropping back to the PLL then?

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Until next season when the Senators are dropped to the PLL and the Force re-promoted, thus continuing Gark's gaming of the system and ensuring him a high draft choice. :p

[​IMG]

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I assumed you wouldn't want them kicking your butt every season again, so I hadn't thought about where they would go. :p

And I'm done with flip-flopping teams. This return will be permanent (at least until I can think of a clever reason to get rid of them). [face_dunno]

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Just giving you a hard time Gunny. ;)

[​IMG]

26. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Wall senators are going to need someone to develop their next generation of talent