main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I think it's definitely going to be Milagro Coffee. We'll see how it works, and you guys can tell me if you like it or not. :) We went to the three coffee places in the phonebook, and this was the only one that would actually hold more than like three people in it (one of the places we went to was one of those itty-bitty drive-thru things).

I'll give you all some more detailed directions later, but here are some general directions: Coming from Alamogordo, once you get to Las Cruces, take the I-25 EL PASO exit (NOT Albuquerque, that will take you north). Take that, and it'll take you south for something like two exits. Then you'll see signs for the University exit (it's Exit 1 ;) ... you can count down to 1 on the mile markers, if that helps you). Then you'll turn right down University Blvd. Soon, you'll see a McDonald's on the right. Turn there, but don't go into the McDonald's parking lot. Keep going, and shortly after the McDonald's parking lot will be a left turn, and you should see a strip mall, and Milagro Coffee is right there on the end of the strip mall, almost directly behind McDonalds. :)

2. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Okay I just had to write on here and say that I had no idea that many characters are going to be playable on Battlefront 2. My co-worker just handed me a PS magazine that has all the following listed as playable characters :
    Luke, Chewy, Boba Fett, Windu, Anakin, Leia, Vader, Yoda, Mundi, Grievous, Dooku, Han, Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Secura, Maul, and Jango Fett.
    It also lists which levels each character is in, their affiliation, all four weapons, and a little tid bit of what makes the character great. I also didn't know that Jabba's Palace was going to be a playable level. At this point I think it is safe to say that I am probably now looking more forward to the game than the DVD.

3. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The game sounds like it will be very cool and fun to play. Can't wait.

4. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    For those that are interested; here is the info on MileHiCon in Denver 21-23 Oct 05.

http://www.milehicon.org/

5. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Hi all, it's been a bit since I posted. I had problems logging onto the boards for a while, no clue why. Anyhow, sorry I missed the meeting this month. I had no way of getting up to Cruces, so I'll try to figure out something the next go-around. I wore my ORFF t-shirt today and found out the color scheme works real nice for me. And I am hugely procrastinating as I have pre-ordered ROTS yet. I'm also going to get realy busy, real fast as I have a research paper due in November!

6. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Glad to see you back LJ. Maybe you can ride with someone from Alamogordo, to the next meeting. Let us know if you need a ride.

7. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Just thought I would mention this. Yesterday I went to the UTEP vs. Marshall football game. The bad played the opening to Star Wars and then during half time they played the Imperial March. It was so cool. Although they insulted Star Wars (in a comedic way yet still insulting). The mascot Patter Pete went up against Darth Vader and Darth Vader lost. It was insulting because they didn't take into account Vader's powers. If the "true" Vader were there all he would need to do is a simple force choke and a twist of his wrist to break Pete's neck. I was booing for Pete (so much for being a Miner fan hu? LOL!) Then later just before half, on the screen they had there, they had this comercial for the Miners and they used the Duel of the Fates song.

So out of it there was 3 Star Wars songs and an insult to the Sith of all evil (I'm still angry at that.[face_shame_on_you])

And the good thing is that the songs brightened up the evening since I was so bored.

8. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    That is pretty cool, even thought they cheated Vader out of his win against Pete. Thanks for sharing that with us.

9. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    It sounds like it brought some excitement to the evening. Was it at least a decent looking Vader they had?

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well that depends. The costume was good to the point you could tell it was Vader but the Vader was very skinny, had no muscle to him.

11. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    what is everyone dressing up as for Halloween? I don't really have anything to wear other than my jedi cloak.

12. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    That is still representing. I have a whole Sith costume to wear. It just got finished up today.

13. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    We were informed that we can't wear costumes at school. It bites but it has to do with "dress code" and the violations it might cause. But when I get home I'll probably be dressed up in the alien costume that I was last year and give out candy.]-}

14. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well that sucks. I always loved dressing up for Halloween during school. I wish that we could have a day at work to dress up, but the military definitely wouldn't go for that.

15. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I agree.

I will be in Stormtrooper armor.

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I will be a Sith. Oh and I really like the Halloween banner, it rocks. I actually went back to make sure I click on the right forum.

17. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Hehe, I had to sign up for it. It was between this and the Sith one... and everyone's using that one. So I decided to go unique. ;)

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Love the whole Halloween Banner the forum has going on.

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Just thought you all would want to see this. It's from last night's episode of Smallville.

[image=http://www.smallville-news.com/svcaps/thirst/wmplayer%202005-10-28%2020-13-03-25.jpg]

20. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I like this banner too. It is really different and so Halloween.

21. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Wow nice banner![face_pumpkin] I love the colors, thanks for signing up Angie! I am going to be the Grim Reaper, and I love my costume. I have a Halloween party on Monday in theatre, but am thinking of just walking around with my scythe day.[face_skull]. I love Halloween, I'm taking my niece trick-or-treating and pumpkin carving on Saturday. *hums this is Halloween*

22. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I'll be dressing up as Kaylee from "Serenity". It will be ten times easier to do than finish off my Jedi outfit. :-\

23. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Hello All,
    Here is a link to a funny photo.

http://zorzola.iespana.es/philips_darth_vader.jpg

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Hope to see photos of everyones costumes.

25. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005