main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme Purple Dress - Loyalist Committee

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Mrs_MayimNaar, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    1. princessleia911 15 meters
    2. PadmeAndrea 15 meters
    3. Jocell 15 meters
    4. Nani 15 meters
    5. fairyprincess 15 meters
    6. AnariaZar-Rel 15 meters
    7. Polly_Padme 20 meters
    8. darthfett796 15 meters
    9. Astharoshe 15 meters
    10. leiayt1300 15 meters
    11. Sosobiwan 15 meters

Pre-ordered so far: 170 meters
    Needed: 200 meters
    Only need 30 meters more so let's keep the word out and the price will be about the same.

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, the gown wouldn't be for you! Haha - someone is going to be very lucky then.

Thanks for the compliment, but I know as more and more people make the costume they will just keep getting better and better! It is always fun to see the collective progress. We all learn from one another :) Well, at least all of the muslin trials I made on the coat paid off. It was so long ago, but my guess is that I easily went through over 5 stages of mock-ups. So for everyone taking this costume on, just be patient and don't be afraid to keep revising your muslins before you draft your final paper pattern. And it's a good thing you all seem to be ordering extra fabric because if you goof, you still have enough to re-cut and go at it again like I did. It was a life saver.

3. Angmar

Angmar Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2009
    Put me on the list please for 15 meters :D Yesterday a friend send me a picture of the Padme Loyalist Dress, knowing i am mad about costumes and sewing. So i started out collecting information, pictures etc. from the internet. I soon stumbled across something big: can't find the fabric for the overcoat anywhere! :D So i asked FenigDurak (that's her Deviantart-name anyway) where she got hers and she kindly directed me to this thread so here i am :)
    So i'd like to order 15 meters aswell, but i live in The Netherlands - Europe, is that a problem for ordering?

4. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I am hugely interested in this costume and the group shop...but need to be persuaded...

Jack

5. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002

That's my name here too! Glad to see you over here!

6. Angmar

Angmar Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2009
    Ah great! :D I've seen some threads over here with great costumes. Can only say that you guys are really dedicated.

7. Astharoshe

Astharoshe Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2008
    Master Cenedra : is "Your order would be the one allowing us to have our fabric, since there's only 15 meters left before reaching the minimum to order" motivating enough ?

Oh well, how could I persuade someone into sewing this beautiful costume ?
    I've gone thru every pics of every costumes Padme wears in the movies, and this is the only one that startled me and made me look on the web where I could get the fabric.

8. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    Ok, you persuaded me, as I love helping people :D
    Put me down for 15meters :D:D

It is a gorgeous gown! I love the colour and the details are just awesome...Hehe

Jack

9. Angmar

Angmar Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2009
    Yay great :D

Could anyone confirm my 'order' btw?

10. Astharoshe

Astharoshe Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2008
    That makes us 200 meters ! Yeah, we can finally conclude the order, can't we ?

11. Angmar

Angmar Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2009
    Any update perhaps on ordering? :)

12. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I went back to the original order, but couldn't find any definite pricing. All I could find was the US$5.25pm, and then possible estimates of $15+ once we added shipping. Is there any updates on the definite cost per metre (which I'm assuming would include the initial postage to the US) and possible postage costs to Australia.

I am interested, but would need to have a definite cost. At $5.25 I could do it, but it just depends on how much that goes up when you include postage.

13. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    Well, just to give an update...after collecting all those orders, the original supplier wanted us to order more(like a ton more)[face_shame_on_you] I am now working with another supplier and I will have a definite price and I understand if a few have to back out but hopefully we can keep the 200 meters b/c this seems to be the "magic number" we need.

14. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    I have an update, I believe I found the original supplier of the fabric. The price will be very close to the other quoted price. I believe it will be $5.50/mtr but that does not include shipping from them to me or me to you, just an FYI. I will post more details as they are available. It would be good for all serious buyers to start sending me your info to my e-mail at princessleia911@gmail.com .

15. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    1. princessleia911 15 meters
    2. PadmeAndrea 15 meters
    3. Jocell 15 meters
    4. Nani 15 meters
    5. fairyprincess 15 meters
    6. AnariaZar-Rel 15 meters
    7. Polly_Padme 20 meters
    8. darthfett796 15 meters
    9. Astharoshe 15 meters
    10. leiayt1300 15 meters
    11. Sosobiwan 15 meters
    12. Angwar 15 meters
    13. MasterCendra 15 meters

Pre-ordered so far: 200 meters
    Needed: 200 meters
    We can order more if need be.....

Possibles
    14. Last Chael 15 meters

Ok, this is what happened, the company fairyprincess found, when I went to them with our possible order, they balked and said we needed to order 1000 meters when previously they had confirmed the 200 was the minimum!!!! Obviously, that was not cool :mad:. So I started reaching out to other companies. I believe I found the original maker who supplied Silk Connection. I think this company works with ebay seller velvetsilk7 and Golden Silks Shop(I think they are all the same). The price for the natural colored silk velvet 44/45" PFD burnout is $5.50/mtr and shipping will be about $70 to the US by boat and will take about 30 days. So for the current list, the price is $6/mtr BUT this does not include shipping from me in the US to where you are. So please think about that before you commit. I am going to ask how long for production but it will be at least 30 days shipping so probably about 2-3 mths. The total for people on the list with 15 mtrs would $90 and 20 would be $120. I do have a Paypal and can accept all pymts there. If you are serious, please e-mail your shipping address, e-mail, TFN screenname and Paypal account info to princessleia911@gmail.com . We can have more than 200 meters so if anyone is interested, please speak now or get them to come over here. I will send Paypal invoices to those on the list once I receive your info. I will just collect for the fabric now and shipping to your address once I receive the fabric so it will be one payment due soonish and then the shipping cost to you will be separate. I would say for shipping estimates, the velvet plus box would be 15-20 lbs(and unless you want to pay a ridiculous amt for shipping, do NOT expect it on a tube b/c that REALLY drives up the price, believe me). I have had silk velvet shipped to me before in a box and you can easily steam out any wrinkles, it is MUCH more forgiving that cotton or poly velvet in terms of wrinkles. Also, if you want to do a group order, aka all the New Zealanders have it shipped together to save on shipping, I will do that as well.

16. Astaroshe

Astaroshe Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2009
    Thanks for updating, I'm still in, but would you know the shipping price from you to France ? Not the exact price of course but just to know how much that fabric will cost me in the end :]

(BTW I'm the Astharoshe who talked previously, but I can't seem to get connected on my usual account >_<)

17. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    Just as a gauge, my devore velvet for the Fireside coreset is about 800gm per 4.5m So.. 15m would be about 2.67kg. Which is just over 6 pounds- of course it's better to guesstimate more as shipping is always more than you expect, espeically with the cost of the packaging and weight of packaging.
    Devore velvet is very light and does indeed de-wrinkle well. Besides, when you are going to wash and dye it anyway it's not going to matter ;)

Much as I'd love to join in the NZ dollar is so weak it would break my budget by a good long way!

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    It does de-wrinkle OK but if it is badly crushed it may not recover. I wouldn't ship it in an envelope. But folded in a box with tissue in between the layers should be fine.

19. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    Thanks for the packing tip, Kay_dee.

20. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    oo Lucky I felt the need to check here...might have missed it...lol

Thanks for the update...

MC

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    You seemed to have it figured out OK, just supporting your idea to pack it in boxes rather than in a roll. I just know someone who had silk velvet shipped in an envelope and that didn't work so well.

This is so cool you can all get the fabric!

22. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    I actually had not thought of the tissue paper. Recently, I had shipped some solid silk velvet in a tube and it cost me an unGodly amount(it was domestic too) and then I requested it shipped back to me via box b/c I was NOT gonna pay the ridiculous amt twice.

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Did anyone watch the season finale of Clone Wars? I was happy to see the modified version of this senate dress depicted in the episode. It was kind of like they took the velvet coat, removed the pocket sleeves, and shortened it to a hip length jacket :) And they got rid of the cumbersome hoop skirt. Her sleeves lacked embroidery design though, but there was some kind of design on the center front of the skirt.

The visual of wearing that costume and sitting at a desk computer typing just seemed so hilarious for some reason!

[image=http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2009/03/starwars2.jpg]
    [image=http://season-premiere.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cw122.jpg]
    [image=http://images.tvrage.com/screencaps/96/19187/775507.jpg]

24. princessleia911

May 25, 2005
    Yeah I saw that, Kaydee. It was interesting that they chose to use a modified version of this costume but it was nice to see.

****REMINDER TO THOSE WHO WANT TO ORDER THE FABRIC, please send me your info ASAP. Thanks.

25. Jocell

Jocell Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2008
    Hi, not sure whether you got my e-mail about the fabric. YES I definiately want to go ahead. Please PM me if you haven't. Don't know what's going on with my e-mail at the moment. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.