main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Park Sabers, MR FX sabers, custom sabers, etc.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by NEMES1S, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    I only started this thread because of a recent comment I read...

Whats everyone's taste in sabers? Not including the 3 plastic toy ones (Vader, Luke, Maul) I use just to whack my little nephew with [face_laugh], I have 2 Master Replica FX ones (Vader, & Anakin). Until MR releases their '06 lineup with Luke's saber from Ep.6, and Mauls saber-staff, Im looking at Park's version... the Double-Helix. I know Hapajedi & Zekk_64 has them. How are they? Is it worth the price? Can I really hit them harder than the FX ones?

I also am slooowly collecting the high-end 1:1 scale replicas for display. I purchased a numbered Vader saber more than 5 years ago from Icons. And I just gor my Maul saber from MR. I actually want 'em all![face_praying]

2. zekk_64

zekk_64 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Well parksabers aren't really to beat anyone, but their hilts are alot more realistic for a few reasons:

1. There custom sabers and aren't based on the ones in the movies( except for the graphlex and rouge)
    2. Most sabers you buy such as your force fx don't let you take out the autual saber from the hilt as for parksabers, you get the idea.
    3. Lastly, there are special types of hilts such as double heelix( the hit can split apart into 2 hilts), the M-2, and Echleon( both of these can have a certain part of the hilt light up.)

So you see there is a big difference but it's always the buyers choice.
    zekk out.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, you can REALLY hit Parksabers hard. I bought an older style of Parksaber off of one of the guys in our group, and I LOVE it.

The only real damage you can do to a Parks if you hit it hard enough is maybe dent the blade. If it's hard enough of a hit, with time you could bend the blade, and maybe loosen some wires.

I personally prefer the Parks, but MRs are cool too. The Parks don't light up as vibrantly and they don't make the cool sound effects. ;)

4. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I have a few Parks sabers, as well as half a dozen MRs, and am currently making several custom machined hilts for my upcoming film. Heres a few of mine below.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/DSC00791.jpg]

5. zekk_64

zekk_64 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Recently I took a look into Dual Sabers from http://www.saberology.com/ and boy was it worth it!

You might like this Hapajedi.

http://yoshi.us/shadows/fts_box2.0.mov

6. NEMES1S

Jul 23, 2005
    Zekk: interesting site. Good to know...

Keoni: I know you wanted to see my sabers, but after the last casting call and what I saw... you da man! Frika, I didn't know you had that much! I only got the 3 replicas, and one custom one. Your "prop guy" (I forgot his name) said you almost had'em all!!! Plus your custom hilts are tha real deal.. not like mine doo-doo kine. I shame already bring mine.[face_worried]

7. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    Aww dont say that, hahaha I forgot to thank you for the prop guns you gave me, Im sure me and the "prop guy" (Kawika is his name) can make um look like something "in a galaxy far, far, away..." So again thank you fro helping out, I really appreciate it!

8. Crimsus

Crimsus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    The only thing that is a bummer about Park Sabers is that they won't sell stuff like the Mk3 Radiator separately, even though their website lists the part with a price. The other thing I don't like about Park Sabers is that I'd have to drill a 1/2" hole down the center in order to be able to use my carbon-fiber sparring tubes. The carbon-fiber sparring tubes are only $10 a piece if you buy in bulk, plus their tougher than all heck. I stuck one of the tubes in a rig hooked up to a 1000RPM 1/4H.P. dc motor to see if I could shatter it. The carbon-fiber tube bent a bit, but didn't break, and returned to it's normal straight form after I removed power from the motor.

-Crimsus

9. Saberology

Saberology Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    Hello there everyone!

My name is Aaron Mosny. I am the CEO of Saberology.com and the creator of the "Duelsaber"

Currently listed on my site is the standard model duelsaber that retails for $350.00

For the next two months (October and November) we are going to be running a HOLIDAY SPECIAL. All duelsabers are now going for $300.00!!!

That is $50.00 off instantly when you order and mention this post.

Also, I we are offering Dueling packages! They include 2 hilts, 2 blades, and 2 covertec belt clips and knobs for only $500.00!!!

Be sure to mention this post!

Every single saber I produce is a work of art that will not be reproduced.
    The hilts currently listed on my site are only examples of the kinds of hilts that I can produce. Contact me directly for a complete listing of the currently stocked hilts and or if you have a custom design that you would like created. If you can dream it we can build it...

Thanks for your time, and as always may the force be with you...

Aaron Mosny
    CEO and Master Sabersmith for www.saberology.com

P.S. Check out the video in the press section for an indepth look into the world of saberology and the ultimate dueling saber! or just CLICK HERE http://www.saberology.com/source/shadows/index.html

10. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/DSC00002.jpg]a few more from my collection

11. NEMES1S

Jul 23, 2005
    Im not sure if I you actually brought all those to the last meet, but I definately remember holding the doublesaber... it called to me. hehehe[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.