main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pegwarmers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by fistofan1, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Hi, I'm new here. Where I live, I can't seem to find anything but pegwarming basic figures at my local stores. (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) All thery seem to have is CW Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Saga Ledgends and Legacy figures like Tiin and the Malakiki. I am really annoyed that these figures are keeping new figures (that I really want!) off the shelf. Is anyone else having the same problem?! [face_frustrated]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's the same in my local shops. Now that this season of Clone Wars has ended I expect things will die down figure wise until closer to Xmas.

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I really have found that the Clone War figures haven't sold as well as the movie figures. I buy only what I like and I really don't like the series

4. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I like the Clone Wars TV series (not the movie toon) but the figure line is flooded with Anakins and ObiWans. Mainly I think the line it self flooded the SW market.

None of the interesting characters in Clone seem to make it to figures.
    At least our WalMart marked them down to 4.50 so some were sold down, mostly troopers though.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I bought the first Captain Rex figure as I liked him. I have more figures from the original Clone Wars series than I have from this version.

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The thing I hate about the Clone Wars line are the oversized guns and other "action accesories". They just look really out of place to me.

7. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I had the same problem when I always wen't to my local K-mart. They would always have either boring figures I won't want to buy or figures I already have. So instead, I just head over to my local comic-book/trading card game store which sell a bunch of brand new figures and vintage stuff always in stock.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately I don't have that option unless I want to trek to London. If there's a figure I really want I usually end up getting it online.

9. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    The only pegwarmers i am seeing at my Walmart is Plo-koon (Legacy style) and Clone wars Anakin. Figures aren't showing up at all. Oh well I guess they are waiting for the new stuff at the end of July or beginning of August.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Was in my local Entertainer store yesterday. Lots of Cad Banes warming the pegs.

11. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I wen't to my local K-mart today, and saw a bunch of Padme and Bail Organa figures.

People seem to not like politicians in Star Wars.[face_laugh]

12. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well, it looks like the new waves have arrived here. I like the 30th aniversary packaging for the ESB figures. Really, a nice move. Wish they'd done the same 3 years ago. If I was still buying figures, I'd have swooped in and bought a couple extra of each.

13. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    Leia was a politician, too. ;)

14. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Don't seem to like them much in Real Life either.

15. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    Where I live, all my stores EVER have are peg warmers ... I'm one of "those people" that you find scouring through every peg of action figures looking for that rare diamond in the rough.

16. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    In my area pretty much every figure that's come out since august is still on thet peg. Sad, but thet local ebay scalper dosn't touch them anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.