main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Phil Con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I figured that it's time to bring this topic to the group. Phil Con, a science fiction convention, will be held in Philadelphia on December 12-14. I think this will be a good opportunity for us as a FanForce to get out and meet others.

I would really like to go in costume to this, so if you have any suggestions, let me know. Also, if you want more info, visit King of Prussia's board. :)

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Any interest?

3. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    its something i'd be interested in though i probably would have no way pf getting there.

4. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I was thinking of maybe car pooling or something to make the trip easier.

5. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah if we carpool or something and i've got the day free i'll definitley want to go. I'll even pay for gas :)

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sounds cool, Bryan. :)

So, would you guys want to be there the entire weekend or just pick one day?

I would also need a list of people who are interested and plan on attending. I want to try to arrange transportation and see what I can find out with ticket prices.

EDIT: Thought of something else. Would you guys want to go in costume or just get some group t-shirts?

7. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    I would think that going one day maybe that saturday would probably be best. It would definitley be a lot cheaper than staying in a hotel or something.
    I think we should probably go with group t-shirts instead of costumes i don't think we've got enough time to do good costumes.

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I was thinking Saturday myself. I was looking at hotel rates and the cheapest in the area is $100. I don't think you guys want to spend that much considering that we have to pay $35 for a day pass to get in.

As for t-shirts, anything particular that you want to have included on them?

9. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    Yeah a day pass is expensive enough :) As for the shirts maybe we should go for a similar design to the top banner you were working on before. But if we can't get them done that good we might just want to get some blank shirts and have a craft day to decorate them as a meeting or something; or maybe get some star wars iron ons

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice...all great ideas. :)

I'll try to get some designs drawn sometime this week and post them in here.

Also, any lurkers out there, chime in. I want to try to get a group price on tickets and I'll need to know how many of us are going.

11. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    how many do we need for a group rate?

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...it seems that the group rates are only available for the entire weekend, so that seems to be out.

And from what the website said, we can only get one day tickets at the door.

13. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah thats what i saw, i didn't see any prices though. Where'd you get the $35 price from?

14. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    I suppose I'll go...

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I was browsing over on the King of Prussia boards and they mentioned a price of $35. I'm guessing that's for a group rate for the weekend and if we get our tickets through them. I wasn't planning on doing that since we decided to go just on Saturday.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, sorry to bypass you there, Crazed. I didn't see you post. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you'll be attending. :)

17. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    well in order to get ready for this i recomenr we set the details out no later than the middle of November. That means we should probably plan a meeting around that time or before to work out plans for t-shirts or anything else we want to do.

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree. I think we should make the date for the meeting within the next week to guarentee that we will have it since we do have a lot of planning to do. So far this is the list of people coming:

jedimasterbryan
    Crazed_Ewok
    HanSolo29

All the people on the list MUST attend the meeting prior to the Con for information.

19. JasterM

JasterM Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    Is this a general meeting? Or is it a meeting for people who definitely are going? Or is it a meeting for people who think they might want to go? And..where is said meeting?

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    It will be a general meeting, but we will also be discussing information about PhilCon in great detail. We don't have a date set yet, but it should be up next week. Look for it to be sometime in late October-mid November. Right now I'm taking suggestions for locations and dates that will suit everyone.

We would really like to see you join us for the Con. Let me know what you think. :) If you can't attend, you are still welcome to come to the meeting.

21. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    well for a location somewhere in kutztown would probably be best for me. Has any1 heard from wesmin latley?

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I was thinking possibly the Airport Dinner or somewhere downtown. Bryan, you're the expert of places around here...let us know. ;)

As for Wesmin, he told me that he may be inactive on the boards for a while due to clubs and other activities he's involved in. He said he'll try to drop by and I told him I'd keep him up to date.

23. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Umm...that meeting you mentioned..It can't be on Wensdays at all...Sundays are probably bad too...and Fridays, though I could probably work around with something on Fri...just to give you a heads up ;)

Maybe we could just go to eat somewhere and discuss ideas...maybe Fiorres' (sp?) or Cracker Barrel, or something actually in Kutztown (though the others are close...kinda :p )

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...there's a Fiorre's in Fleetwood, which is 10 minutes away. That could work.

I'm waiting to see what Bryan suggests before we make a decision on anything. ;)

25. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Hey Guys,
    I saw this thread and thought I'd let you know: If you'd like to get tix through us for the weekend rate fo $40, you'll get a little ribbon for your badge that says "FanForce" and "www.fanforce.net" if we get at least 25 people in the group - we've already got 12. You could pay the $35 for the single day entry but why not pay $5 more for the ribbon. Also, the registration deadline for the group rate through Philly Outer Rim is October 15. You need to go to the Philcon website, print out a reg form, fill it out and send it and your payment to me via snail mail. Email me for my address. All reg's are going in one big envelope with a cover letter about FanForce so we can be sure to secure the group rate and no hassles at the door. :)

We didn't 'officially' invite you to attend because we have a policy of 'no one under 18' and we can't be liable for minors. However, if most of you are 18 now you can come and participate in the con with us. Consider this your invitation. :)

We have a number of threads going about this con since we are heavily involved including arranging the costuming track for the con committee, participating in the masqerade and having a fan table, plus doing two charity events. We will be having an all FF, 501, RL party post masquerade but you must be 18 to enter. (Sorry about that for those of you under 18, but those are con rules, not ours.)

If you have questions you can PM or email me.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.