main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Portsmouth Trip

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by lukesgirlie, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Moved it over from the Xmas party thread. Can you continue discussions here :)

2. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Thanks for starting the thread lukesgirlie :) Weekends I am looking at doing this are 10-11 or 16-17 September. I know the first clashes with Empire Day but thought I'd give ppl the choice, in case they're not going to that.

Have we got some posters here who live down on the south coast or in and around the Pompey area?

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    10-11 no good for me,as i'm taking theresa to the airport on saturday and then going to empire day on the sunday...

4. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Well, if anyone is still interested this is going ahead on 16-17 September. I am going to be in Pompey anyway and its a bonus if anyone else can make it for either of those days. Some of the Delta Source gang will be there but don't let that put you off :p

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Portsmouth is relatively close, but I've never been before, so I'd probably get a tad lost :p

6. JediPaine

JediPaine Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    oooooooh... that's really close... When you gonna be meeting up? Evening jobby? If i'm not working that weekend I'd love to come along :D If you'll have me... ._.

Fran x

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Cobra: you live in my nick o' the woods, don't you?

If so, can you perhaps give me a lift if you go?

8. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I have no car, hence why I'm wondering if I could get down there myself.

Is there a train route between Salisbury and Portsmouth?

Edit: Well, there is, via Eastleigh.

What time would the meet be? And what time until?

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, right.

I'll have to ask my dad to take me, but as he's taking me there two weeks later he might not.

10. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    That's why I won't be able to get a lift. My dad's taking me to C10 on the 30th, can't ask for two lifts in two weeks :p

11. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Okay guys, the plan is to meet at Portsmouth Harbour station at 1pm on the Saturday, 16 September. In the afternoon, we're going to visit the Spinnaker Tower - it has some amazing views across the Harbour and the Solent and if a good day, as far as Bognor one way and Southampton Water the other. What else we do depends on time, the weather and what ppl are in the mood for doing.

The evening will no doubt be spent in some local pubs :)

Everyone is welcome and if anyone wants any more info or whatever, send me a PM and I'll oblige.

Btw, there is a direct train from Salisbury to Portsmouth - its the First Great Western service from Cardiff. You can go via Eastleigh but that would mean a couple of changes of train.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.