main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post-Con Depression

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by chucknotsteve, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    ... now what?

:( As I look through everyones photos (here's mine, btw http://www.flickr.com/photos/snogging/sets/72157624624801267/ ) and watch the videos of the panels I sat in on and the people I met and the experiences I had, I am growing sadder and sadder upon realization that we have to wait 3+ years until C6! Oh well. C5 was literally the best weekend of my life, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

All we can do is... wait for Clone Wars on September 17th.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Don't worry mang you'll find a gf and forget all about it.

3. CurlyHayami

CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    I too am feeling it a bit-especially since I don't travel much. Last thing I went to before this was Star Wars Weekends 2006 (of course CV quickly topped that previous "best weekend of my life.") I just want to rewind and do it again (take more pictures this time too :))

Back to school projects...grumblemumblerarrgarahtahaaa

4. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    aw, its ok, scott. chin up.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I have it worse - came home and my life fell apart. 20 years of freindship shot to hell in one day. :_|

Let me just go back to MCO and hide.

6. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    So much happened over the week, I'm still going over it all in my head, so no post-con depression here. Actually when I left OCCC Sunday I felt pretty much like I had accomplished everything I wanted to do and felt pretty complete.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I've been really blue since getting home. Well, let's be honest, it started on Sunday because I was already thinking about my upcoming departure. :(

8. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Not me, I've been feeling very relaxed since coming back home. I had gone for so long without a vacation that I was wound tighter than a drum and CV was the release from the ordinary that I needed.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    After Celebration Europe there were a bunch of us (me and my partner included) who came down with what we dubbed 'the CE cold'. I posted about it in the CE forum at the time and we weren't the only ones. The two of us felt so crappy for about 3 days after the end of the con that at one point we were fighting over the TV remote. Not who got it - who had to use it!
    Anybody get the CV equivalent yet?

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I started with a sore/scratchy throat on Saturday and by the time I got home, I had a full-blown cold. Admittedly, it's not too bad and I can still function with it, so I'm not going to complain all that much. It could have been so much worse. Plus, I was sort of expecting it with the lack of sleep I had the first couple of days we were in Florida. Going to bed extremely late and getting up early are not a good combination.

Oh well, it was a small price to pay for the awesome time I had. I really enjoyed myself and I am sad that it's over, but I figure there will be more great opportunities in the future. Bring on C6! :D

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I know about the getting up early. I live out near Heathrow Airport and CE was in Docklands so our daily 'commute' was around 1.5 hours each way. By the end of day 3 I was well sick of that!

12. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    I started getting sick on Sunday and I'm still sick. Hoping it will blow over in the next day or two.

I figured that going from the extreme cold of my hotel room, to the extreme heat outside, and then inside to the ice box of the convention center (especially over by Jabba's food court...wow that place was frigid!!) pretty much did me in.

13. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    It's the con plague. The only reason I don't have it this time is I got it the week prior at the weeaboo con I hit. :mad:

I think the elation of having such an amazing experience and being able to spend all of Sunday and Monday with a group of people helped ease my emo-ness. Getting to show off the swag and pictures is helping too.

That and I've been plotting a costume for MegaCon. The most ambitious idea I've had yet and I really REALLY hope to pull it off. *gnaws on nails*

14. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    I can't believe it's been a week already since I was heading out there.
    This was my first convention like this, or anything with people in authentic or realistic STAR WARS outfits walking around and whatnot. I was there by myself too, so I have mixed feelings of belonging there yet not really being involved. I just did not want to leave and when I wasn't seeing panels, just wandered around in circles almost. I saw a lot of stuff and am glad I did, but I've been looking at other pictures people have put up and regretting missing what I missed.
    When I stood in the line for Anthony Daniels, I must have been asked or heard asked "is this the line for Anthony Daniels?" about 30 times. I'm sure I could live three lifetimes and never hear that out here in the so-called "real world", while hearing about stuff I'm not interested in every single day. I hate having to come home to the same ol' same ol', to hearing about BP and Obama, to going grocery shopping, and especially coming home to my neighbor having gotten another noisy dog.
    The solution: watch more STAR WARS.

15. CurlyHayami

Dec 19, 2005
    I feel ya man! I see my friend's picture of Ray Park, the ESB props, the Jedi Kermit, etc., and go,

"Damn, why didn't I follow him."

Preparation for C6 begins as soon as it's announced though.:)

16. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I am less depressed and more sleep deprived, I'm still catching up from last weekend. I-)

I did have a little cold Saturday morning, but being outside in line for hours in the hot humidity warmed me up and helped make me feel a little better.

I am a little sad about it being over, but already started planning for the next one! [face_money_eyes]

17. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Anyone else look back and feel like you had to rush through the whole 4 days?
    I saw a lot of panels, pretty much bought everything I wanted to buy, checked out the other "misc" type stuff like the live Forcecast, R2 builders, 501st room etc.

But I felt like it was just go go go the entire time. Yet I saw plenty of people just sitting around a lot of time. The g4 Hoth Ice Bar sounded cool, but I just couldn't imagine taking the time to just hang out for a drink. The only time I sat down each day (other than when sitting to watch a panel) was to quickly eat some lunch.

It just always seemed like it was "rush to get in this line" or "run to buy this exclusive before it sells out" etc.

I think that's what wore me out the most.

18. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I have a bit of a depression following CV. It was so great being around SW all day, every day...everyone with a common interest!

Now I'm back home, work sucks, traffic sucks, I think I have strep throat, and it's 106 degrees outside (at least it's not humid!).

My solution is to start work on a new costume! :) If we all start now, we'll have one heckuva great look by the time CVI gets here! :)

Martha

19. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    First "Angry_Liea" and I met for the 1st time and became roomies for CV!
    We had a great time!
    We're already planning on romming together for CVI!!!

It was great meeting all of you at the Rebel Scum party!
    Love you guys!!!

As far as post-con/CV depression... well I'm sad my 1st celebration is over and hat I'm not hanging with you all talkin SW, but yesturday I caught myself smileing doing laundry thinking about CV! How geeky is that!
    When my family and I go to Disney World for the holidays and I see Star Wars, Tour to Endor closed...then it will hit me!

However, I'm going to start building Aurra Sing's swoop bike for real!!
    I hope to get it build by next fall for the local xmas parade.
    I will keep you all posted on that!

20. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah I saw interviews and panels but didn't see as many behind-the-scenes panels I would have liked. I wasted a lot of time wandering around the main hall aimlessly instead of knowing what was going on at each booth, and especially at Disney. While George Lucas was in the Indiana Jones show, I got on Star Tours, then wandered through the backlot to the Muppetvision and wasted time in Pizza Planet because it had a Robotron 2084 arcade game. I missed the Star Tours gift shop or seeing a Jedi Mickey but I did see the Hoopla and the last showing of the Indy show, though.
    Next time, if there will be one, I'll take a backpack and carry my own snacks and drinks to eat while on the move.

21. CurlyHayami

Dec 19, 2005
    Four-day pass and a hotel next to the convention next time for me (or sleeping bag and pillows!).

On a strange note, my mind is still at CV [face_laugh] . Every-time I lie down and close my eyes I see the OCCC's walls and floors again (probably cause of lying on the floor for the hours waiting for Lucas). Feels like I'm back, ah. :) The visuals of the day I went are still fresh on my mind-it feels good to re-imagine it.

22. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I want you to realise how I must feel, as I slept through Sunday of CV after getting no sleep for 48 hours leading up til Sunday at 7am, and only 9 hours of sleep since having landed Tuesday afternoon. It's like that, but with only 3 days involved.

That said, I'm also enjoying that CV hasn't really ended yet in that I'm going to be up in several hours to go to Disneyland with someone from CV, and might be doing the same on Saturday, so I'm keeping it going longer than most can.

Also oddly, I was realising today while out driving somewhere that I feel more positive about my life, by a noticeable measure, than I almost ever do.

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    The whole trip (just Fri-Sun) was very surreal for me, can't believe I jumped on a plane a week ago straight out of work and was camped out on concrete that same night with people I'd never met in RL. The ensuing lack of sleep only adds to the dream like quality of all of a sudden finding myself in the same room with GL, MH and CF.
    Those few days made a bigger impression on me than I could have guessed going in; SW has been a part of my life since I was 4 years old. Hell, I've somehow been on these boards for like a decade. It also reminded me of days long gone... staying up all night with friends, talking SW, doing crazy crap (like changing in the bushes outside of the line).

So I've been enjoying a great bluesy/euphoric feel that's just now settling down.

24. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    And start the C6 savings fund...

25. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hahahahaha...yeah I know exactly how you feel. It was the same thing for me and my brother. Everyday we walked to the con from the hampton inn (buses started too late) and then ran around the entire time...barely having enough time to eat anything of substance and then rush to the next area. The good thing is we brought our own snacks and drinks...so that kept us operational. I took around 750 pictures while I was there and had an absolute blast. What I don't get is how kinda bummed I am now that it is over. I think it's because we know we will have to wait for three more years before we get another, whereas when I go to comic con I know it'll be there again the next year.

Either way...it was awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.