main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post Low Level Characters Here

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by fryda_swaid, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Hey -- great job on these low levels, Koohii and everybody! I've used several of the concepts in some of the games I've run recently. Keep up the good work! :D

I might be contributing in the future, if I can dig up some of my old notes.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    D'gyard Jonk
    DEX 2D+2
    KNO 3D+2
    MEC 3D+1
    PER 2D+1
    STR 2D
    TEC 4D
    Dodge 3D+2
    Knowledge Technology 5D+2
    Repulsorlift OP: Salvager Transport 5D+1
    Seach: Scavenge 6D+1
    Lifting 3D
    Repulsor-lift rep 6D+2
    Starship repair 7D
    computer program repair 4D+2
    Droid program repair 6D+1

4 repair kits (starship, speeder, computer, droid), medpack, sporting blaster (3D+2), Salvager Transport speeder, RT astromech droid

D'gyard Jonk is a wizard at repairing anything, but he is even better at building something from scrap parts. His salvage vehicle is a perfect example. While not pretty, it is highly funcional vehicle built from the scrap of several others. While not a combat-veteran, D'gyard has had to defend himself from occasional toughs and protect his yard from fierce scavenger animals and Ranats. He trades his creations for the scraps left behind by various parties (losers in shoot-outs with bounty-hunters, crashed vehicles shot down, orbiting debris of pirate ships shot down, etc.) He trades regularly with both Squib and Ugor salvagers.
    Another of his creations is his RT astromech, something he pieced together from several other astromech hulks--bits of R2s, R4s, and R5s make up the whole. No one can really say which it is more of to assign a number to. D'gyard just calls for "Ar-Tee". RT itself seems to be a very sensible droid, not bothered at all by its excentric eclectic composition. It is as fiercely loyal as any R2, and always seems to have the right tool handy, and uses its holoprojector to point out defects and other weaknesses or problems with D'gyard Jonk's designs.

lvl4 fringer

3. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Here's one that I had originally intended as a 4th Ed D&D character, but could be modified to fit some campaigns as a villain.

Original Concept: Elf/Eladring with Warlock Fey Pact. Problem: both races suck as warlocks (ok, they don't outright suck as they don't have bonuses that make them comparable with other races) Interestingly, the half-elf does very well as a Fey Pact.
    He sees the humans as a blemish, a race of paracites to be eliminated. Humans defile the land, massacre the forests, polute and sully the air, and contaminate even the elven races by creating halfbreeds. With their poetry about forbidden love and the romance of the eternal youth imagry that distorts what it is to simply have a lifespan that can be measured in centuries, humans seek to take even mating away from the pure faerie by diluting elven blood. He has taken it upon himself to cure the disease. Toward this end, he has sought out power. He made a pact with his fey ancestors and uses the power to strike, wiping out stray villages at the outskirts of kingdoms and working his way inward--occasionally taking on the local hero or investigator. Sometimes he stays in one place for months to examine and analyze the town, sometimes he wipes them out and moves on within an hour. But he moves carefully and in a calculated manner designed not to be predictable until he actually is powerful enough to take on an army by himself, or has gathered enough allies to his cause.

Given the character I eventually made was a half-elf, the element of self-hatred made him much more interesting and fun to play. Looked at doing an Infernal pact instead, but it didn't quite have the fun, and we'd already had 2 star-pact warlocks, which took away that interest.

Sometime, I hope to put together an all dragon-born party.

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Chouwnch is a depressed Sullustan navigator. He speaks Basic in an exagerated, slow, overly deliberate manner that makes him sound stupid or lazy. (That he speaks basic rather than relying on a translator or protocol droid seems to be missed by most people). He is proud of his linguistic ability, but saddened that people seem to not notice or appreciate his competence. Sadly, the same applies to his Astrogation skills. Sure, the R2 can store 5-10 sets of jump coordinates, but Chouwnch can compute coordinates from scratch in his head, even without a navigational computer.
    He is usually available for hire in the local tap-caf--cantinas make him nervous.
    In any kind of physical fight he will back down and hide. He carries a blaster, but only for show. His maroon&gray R4 (cone-head) astromech follows his arround. It has been upgraded with 4D astrogation and 5D starship repair programming. It also has a hidden memmory buffer Chouwnch installed that records the last 3 months of astrogation coordinates, in case Chouwnch ever needs to get back somewhere in a hurry. This is not something he advertises--bad for the reputation.
    Chouwnch is mostly law-abiding, but will never ask details about his job beyond the minimum necessary--he relies on the "if I wasn't told, I can't be blamed" defense. If anyone does tell, and legitimate authories interrogate him, Chouwnch will not make any attempt to resist, and will blab everything.

5. Gamer_4_life

Gamer_4_life Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2009
    Sorry dude...I have not started playing this game yet.

6. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    Midlevel are my favorite. Strong enough to survive mistakes but not able to go it alone against all odds.

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I had a 4th level Dwarven Shield&Craighammer fighter. He burst into the room from the front of the party and set off the trap. He was stuck in a room that was filling with water and facing off against 4 skelletons that were meant to be strong enough to challenge the whole party. The rest of the party was trying to re-open the door. 6 rounds later, the Dwarf was still standing and had smashed 1 of the skelletons to dust and hurt another. He wasn't even bloodied (second wind as a minor action and Dwarven Plate for a "free" surge as a Daily power).
    Frightening.
    A few levels later, if the door was stubborn, he would charge it. One time he critted the door and smacked it into the person standing in ambush on the other side. Several other crits have been wasted on doors since.

Fun times.
    Barg is now lvl10, and quite disgusting.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Sukoshiko
    Sukoshiko (or "skoash") is a chardrafan who is small (even for her species)--less than a full meter tall. She spends a lot of time working with other minor criminals looking for targets (marks) to fleece. She is an adept distraction, either at causing a scene when unthinking "giants" bump into her without "seeing where you're going", and appologising for being in their way. While this distraction procedes, her partner(s) start picking pockets. Sukoshiko is adept at picking which of her tactics will produce the best results from both the mark(s) and the croud. More than a few schemes have resulted in major brawls and authorities being summoned. Many victims have assumed that missing posessions were confiscated by local law enforcement or pocketed by other brawlers.
    Sukoshiko is a natural leader, though some of her associates have never realized that they were not in charge. She uses subtlety and misdirestion to guide them toward the targets she wants, or to make the decisions she wanted. She is not above using her small size and "cuteness" to her advantage.

Chardra-Fan female
    Dex 4D
    Kno 2D+2
    Mec 2D+1
    Per 5D
    Str 2D
    Tec 3D
    Pickpocket 6D, Dodge 5D; Value 5D+1, Search 7D, Hide/Sneak 7D+2, Con 8D, Bargain 7D; security 4D+2
    Vision: Infra-red & ultra-violet vision: able to see under any conditions
    Smell: superior sense of smell grants +2D to all search rolls.

D20 conversion: High Cha Fringer/diplomat with strong Perception skill. Lvl4 or 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.