main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Post NJO - The Joiner King *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SquallLeonhart, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    So I've just started reading this book, and I hafta say, I'm impressed.
    Not only is it the beginning to a great follow up to the NJO (a series in which the authors created more pathos and gut wretching terror than GL even scratched the surface of in EP3), but it's just a plain well-written book.

I may be premautrely singing it's praises, as I'm only 4 chapters into it...but you guys should check it out.

Biggest piece of awesome in the book thus far is the active participation of Ben Skywalker, who instead of becoming the heir to the Skywalker legacy, would much rather be like his Uncle Han, and "Do things the hard way." So great.

So seriously guys, if you haven't already picked it up, do it soon!

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Damn, if you like the first little bit you are going to LOVE the rest!!! I found the first few chapters a bit boring and slow... but it really picks up and I think it's a damn fine book... :)

3. TK1455

TK1455 Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    I agree...this book rocked! I go through a lot of Star Wars nevels, but this is my first experience with the NJO. I would definitely recommend it! I'm looking forward to reading the next two in the series.

4. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I wasn't that interested in reading it. Then I heard that it contained a flashback to the scene from ROTS where Padme and Anakin discuss Anakin's dream of Padme's death, so I read that part. Unfortunately, it didn't leave me wanting to read the rest of it, especially if that plot point isn't picked up in the later two books.

5. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    You're the weirdest guy ever Alex...why would you read a book just for that one part...that makes no sense to me...but whatev...to each their own.

6. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    That plot point will most definately be in the next few books.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I loved this book. It was such a follow-up to the NJO and will lead us well to the next generation of Jedi Knights.

And the whole Padme/Anakin plot point will definetly be followed up in this series and the Legacy of the Force series, which is supposed to center around Luke & Leia finally discovering their parents and the events of the PT.

8. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Well, I wasn't going to read it, then I heard about that, so I read that part. Depending on what happens in the next two books, I might go through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.