main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Post novels after Crucible and SOTJ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But SOTJ isn't even supposed to be completely published until Episode VII comes out...

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    No SotJ comes out throughout 2014...
    Episode VII comes out Summer of 2015

I could see them slipping in one offs leading up to Episode VII, probably Around Jan or Feb... Have a book released about lead up to Episode VII... Kind of like the Approaching Storm of sorts...

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't think it would need to be that complicated. It could be later explained that stating Jag Fel as first emperor was some kind of revisionist history by his ancestors to help establish a dynasty. Otherwise, some series of events could still lead to him becoming Emperor.

Also, FYI, just because he becomes Emperor does not automatically mean he becomes evil. Perhaps he is a benevolent dictator :)

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    In the books he isn't evil... He establishes alot of good projects like the Imperial Missions, basically Soup Kitchens. He makes the Imperial Knights, brings in the Chiss. He will definitely be a "Good Guy" despite being Emperor. I just think that if he ends up in such a position so early in his life, his character arc will fall flat. Let him assume the throne at the age of 60 or 70. So his kids aren't raised Imperial and Fel II isn't super Imp yet.

I just saw them moving to the Fel as emperor in FotJ and then turn away, they might go back to that, but I personally hope that they don't... I loved Legacy and I LOVED the Imperial Knights even more so than the Jedi, but I don't want them to hurt the ST to move to Legacy. I know they won't I just hope Jag makes the cut to be in the ST

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I am so excited... For the casting of Ep 7 to come out... They will announce someone to play a brunette strong willed woman. Then we will see the lightsaber.... But they will deny deny deny that it is Jaina or a Solo Child... Same goes for the Ben character. They will deny deny deny

Just like they denied that Shia was Indy's kid
    Just like WB denied that Joseph Gordon Levitt was Robin in the new Batman...

6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They could easily squeeze in two more EU books in between SOTJ and VII.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The last novel of the EU before SotJ has to be written by Luceno.

It simply has to.

RC-1991 likes this.
  8. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    No matters what happens with the Sequel Trilogy, Luceno could easily make it so the Post-RotJ EU makes sense with the Sequel Trilogy. With ease.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Luceno should do a story that wraps up every loose end in the EU as it stands first.

From Fi to Starkiller to Abeloth to etc etc.

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd rather have 1 good book tomorrow than 2 decent books today. But hey 2 good books I am ok with

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Why before SotJ, do you think it is a bridge book to the Sequel Trilogy as well?

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Luceno could write the prequel novel, a la Labyrinth of Evil, and Stover can write the novelisation of the first film. It worked wonders last time.

DarthApprentice likes this.
  13. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    I concur

14. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    anyone thought that at the end of SOTJ Jaina could die?
    that´s a way to put her off the ST...
    Let´s see whats happens with Ben.....

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The only way Jaina is dying is if she has kids first... Even that I doubt, she is well liked...

16. Jedi_Glover

Jedi_Glover Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    That would be a too easy of a cop out in my mind, I guess it could happen but it might anger quite a few people if we end up with Han and Leia outliving all of ther children.

17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Absolutely Leland, Pablo or Kathy just need to stand up to George and say "Look we know you created the universe but your not in charge anymore so let us do this." Thats what it's gonna have to come to eventually.. Because I just don't see a business tycoon Like Bob Iger and Disney just throwing away any bit of money that the novels have brought in. Thy're gonna have to say something to the writers who have to put the EU in backstory "just make it work" and leave it at that. Or just not mention it at all and nobody will care. Just like Old Ben mentioning the Clone War in ANH. Just Vong War/Second Civil War in passing

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  18. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Maybe the birth of her kids will cause her to lose the will to live. I hear that skips a generation.