main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Potter? Potter? What's going on?" Cinema trip to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Sun?)

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by timbolton, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Confused as Han? With all the Star Wars goodies going on around us, and the Wednesday to Saturday evenings now almost worked out with things to do, Sunday evening is looking a little quiet (though we may feel at the time it's probably for the best lol :p ).

But Star Wars isn't the only big thing that weekend, as Harry Potter returns to the big screen in his 5th outing, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (film site).

Does anyone want a trip to see HP? Most likely Sunday evening, after the show is done and dusted. I'll need to check DLR times and also film times, since we don't want to get stuck in London with no DLR to get us home. But post your interest below please :D

2. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    I'm definetely all in!

Can't wait to see it...

3. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Cool :)

Mr T (that's Mr T #3, since I am #2 and BA Baracus is #1 :p Though I do have a BA and a MA, so maybe I should be Mr T #1 - ah forget it, he'd probably say "What ya talking about fool!" :p ) - what cinemas would you suggest for HP? I think Leicsester Square is a bit of a dream, since it's so expensive.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Same here. In fact, I refuse to read the books, but I've seen every movie in theaters so far :D

So count me in!

5. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    I'd be up for this too:)

What are u guys doing on Thursday evening btw? (after Gentle Giant at FP)
    I still haven't anything planned after that :(

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Odeon LS have a 20:40 and 23:55 showing on Sunday. The 20:40 is more then likely to sell-out, and the 23:55 isn't possible for me but please feel free to go for what the crowd like. Chances are I couldn't make either as I will have a shed load of stuff with me and will need to make my way home :(

7. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Count me in as well.

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I would like to see HP as well, but Flo and I have big plans for Sunday evening already (read: flying back home). :(

But there are no plans after FP on Thursday... Would that be another opportunity? :confused:

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Just checked and Thursday's showing at 8:40pm is pretty much sold-out. We'd have to book now to have any chance of seeing it basically.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Matt. :)
    But then Flo and I are out sadly. :(

But we wish you all much fun! Oh, and don't spoil us on Monday, please. :p

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    It's quite possible we would have two groups of people going to this, on different nights maybe? So I guess on Thursday (the opening night) some could go? I am not 100% sure, but I think we (FF-UK North and anyone else interested) will be celebrating Coz's birthday on Thurs evening. I know I won't make the FP meet - I'll be finally moving my stuff from PTI to Ibis :p

12. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Thursday evening sounds good to me, so if anyone's interested I might join you for the opening night. :)

13. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Jun 2, 2003
    Both thursday and sunday would be fine with me...

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Anyone? You know that this might end up with the whole FF coming to Coz's birthday party? :p

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Haha, even the Queen will be jealous with that guest list :p
    Though I think the restaurant we end up at may struggle. May have to do two groups.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Two groups at the same time and splitting Coz? :p

Btw are we a bit abroad? ;)

17. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Jun 2, 2003
    Are we splitting him in a upper and lower part or just right down the middle? And which group will in the first case get the legs? :confused:

:p

18. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    i might see the 23:55 on Thursday night at Leciester Sq.... then head over to Excel and join the line :p

its £12.50 at Odeon thats expensive!!!!

19. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    [face_thinking]

Hmmm Thursday, that would be cool.

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    From what I can see there's no 11:55pm showing on Thurs. Just Friday, Sat & Sun.

21. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I might fall asleep on Thursday very early [face_worried] Long day for me... (and Michi, too)

22. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Im only arriving Thursday evening, so I can only go to a Sunday viewing.

23. Marani

Marani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2007
    I'd prefere HP on Sunday evening, cause I can sleep late on Monday morning :)

24. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Your right Matt, damn... have to re-arrange my plans...

25. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    As someone who has spent 7 years working at various levels at Cinemas both in the US and UK, I have these things to say:

1) Pre-order your tickets. Even a Sunday night for a film as big as HP on the opening weekend is likely to sell out and for those of you talking Fridays, I'd be surprised if they aren't sold out already.

Some places will let you order online, so you only have to swipe your card or bring a confirmation number and the tickets are there. Also, someone can skip out earlier in the day and get all the tickets at once.

2) If you can not get them ahead of time, then when you get to the cinema, pool the money together and have one person buy all of them at once becuase a) you don't want to get to the last person and suddenly it's sold out because someone in another line took the last ticket, and b) you will know if there are, say 10, seats left.

3) Be there at minimum 30 minutes before showtime, for a film like this, an hour, or else you'll be at the end of the line and get the crap seats, unless you like crap seats (i.e. the ones way up front, stuffed in the sides, non-aisle, non-center and non-back seats.)

Also, if we want to set together, you have to be at the front of the line to get in or else by the time the group gets in, you will be lucky to find four seats together, let alone 8 to 10.

EDIT: We had a bet at the opening of EP2, EP3, and LOTR Trilogy when the first people would show up for the midnight showings on the Thursday preceeding the Friday opening. I always won because I never underestimated the fans. I said between 5 and 6pm, and I won both times. Many people just came in, sat in the line, red a book, and one time they even brought the StarWars Monopoly game and played it there on the floor till about 10 when they had to stand to compress the line that was already 100 people big. Just to put things into perspective and to give you a few ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.