main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Prayer Request Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    For those that are religious within the ORFF, I'd like to start this up so that we might be able to support each other and those throughout the world.

Today, I'd like to begin with the people and families of London. No city deserves what happened to them. I hope that soon they will return to normality and be able to resume their lives. They've remained vigilant through all of this, continuing to take busses even this morning. Anyway, prayers go out to the Londoners affected by this travesty.

2. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I'd like to pray for Natilie Halloway's family. Her family needs resolve and closure in her case. Also, the family of the little girl who was recently rescued from the child molestor and returned. She's going thorough a lot of trama, so she really could use the support.

3. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    This is nice Jaina Byrd.

I'd like to pray for a relative of mine who just lost his mother recently. Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there at the services but my thoughts and prayers go out with him.

4. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    My prayers are with the victims of hurricane Katrina. They need prayers for food, water, and other essentials. God bless them. From Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama my heart goes out to you.

5. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I have family from just outside New Orleans; this is unfortunate. On a Star Wars note, one of our Expanded Universe mods, Genghis12, is away until Katrina blows over. We'll pray!

6. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Definately. My prayers are with every soul that had to experience such a tragic event.

It's sad to think that this happened in the US. From the footage and pictures that have been shown, it doesn't seem like it's the United States. It just doesn't seem real. But there is a reason for it, that I strongly believe. So whatever the creator has up his sleeve, I know it has to be for the best (as harsh as that might sound). I'm just trying to take this from a positive point of view.

7. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    It's horrible. I've been glued to the TV, and it seems impossible this is happening in the US! I have family in Arkansas, and my brother has a friend who lives in New Orleans. We haven't heard from him yet, so we're still praying. It is like a war zone, no food, no water, no way to get out. My heart is breaking watching these people. Also, people in desperate need of medicine. America really needs to set up camps for these people. We have plenty of room, let's set up camps! I would go down there myself if I didn't have school. Maybe in December if they still need aide. Lord, please watch over the south. They need your love and warmth,

8. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    My family, I found out, is fine. They were on the front page of the Alamo Daily News! Here's the article about them: Louisiana family takes refuge in Alamogordo. Ed Wheatley is my step-dad's step-brother, and the James in that story is my beloved grandpa. :p :D

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That's good news Jaina.

I have an idea. Maybe at our next meeting we can discuss ways of contributing and doing our part in making sure they can get what they need because I'm sure it will take months before any of them can really get back on their feet.

10. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    hey neighbors. our prayers are also with the Hurricane Katrina Victims, I know many of our states have refugees rolling into town as we speak.. here in Tucson I know we have a few hundred arriving today to stay in our Convention Center. A few of us are planning on going to register with the Red Cross to be trained to volunteer over the next few weeks on a local basis at the Convention Center serving and helping. I am kind of challenging everyone that has a bit of free time to check with their local Red Cross and see if they need local volunteers for their temporary shelters.

On a personal note.. We have a prayer request for you. Please say a prayer for us here in Tucson to have a successful fundraiser tomorrow so we can get some needed money and things for the Hurricane Katrina Victims.

11. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Alamo, there is a lady in Cloudcroft doing comfort packages for the victims of hurricane Katrina. My mother and I have already made some. Please if you're in Alamo make a few. They can be dropped off at Betty Dare. Continue to pray, and remember, every little bit helps! I will pray for your fundraiser. God bless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.