main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prevail - A Star Wars Lightsaber Fight

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DX6channel, Nov 4, 2012.

1. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Hi guys,
    I finally finished Prevail; I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I thought it was really interesting that the judges said that my fight was similar to the Troy duel, because I used that as reference during choreography (that and the Dragon Age 2 Destiny trailer).

I'll be posting the bloopers soon.

Max

2. KingKool

KingKool Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2010
    I like it. I think I like it better now, in fact.

3. JHoffaOLB

JHoffaOLB Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Very very good job on this, loved the choreography and the weapon changes were a welcome change to the style of many fight scenes

4. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I like this entry a lot, it has a great intensity. The sound design is excellent as well, this final cut is superb.
    The lightwhip is insane, it looks so good.

The only thing I don't really like is the fades to black. That's a personal preference, maybe some people do, but I've never thought they belong in the middle of a scene.

5. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Frak me dude...

Your entry had my vote for first, because I've always loved the polearm saber ideas, and one of my main star wars characters I've used in a lot of stuff uses one, and you guys actually had the movements and choreography down amazingly. I think that had the final version been the entry, I think that a larger number of people would've agreed with me... (Although now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I remember who won. lol)...

Outstanding all around.

6. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Also, I love the title font. lol

7. Jedi_Kyeju

Jedi_Kyeju Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    This was the most on point entry IMO. Im with Vapes on the fades, it's just the flavor of the times, avoid it if possible.

One shot thats throwing me for a loop is the force grab at 1:29. Would love to know how it was done.

8. DX6channel

May 23, 2010
    Thanks!
    I'll be doing a tutorial on that effect soon, I'll post the link when I'm done.
    Max

9. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Using the force to block an attack..why hasn't that been done before? Awesome job man.

10. Misayhara

Misayhara Jedi Master star 1

Aug 28, 2004
    I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this one. Well done guys.

11. DX6channel

May 23, 2010
  12. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    How did the roto'ing go with the rolling shutter on the T2i?

13. DX6channel

May 23, 2010
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

The rolling shutter wasn't much of an issue, it was most noticeable in the closeups or when there was a lot of camera shake.

This is how I roto a 'rolling shutter-ed' saber:
    [​IMG]

14. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Very cool effects and nice choreography, but i have spotted a major failure in the screenplay.

A Jedi should better not kill an unarmed enemy. It was not necessary to kill the sith after cutting of his arm. He was disarmed and defenceless.

Thats not the Jedi way to kill an unarmed opponent. This Jedi has gone to the dark side.

15. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    "Unarmed" and "One armed" are different... One can still use the first with only a single arm... Just saying. :D

Still love the video, btw. I have it saved onto my ps3 for random viewing every now and then. lol

16. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Dude, getting your arm cut off is not that fun, you know. Even if they have force powers they are human beeings made of flesh and blood. The shock of that cut off Arm was enough to make that Sith surrender. Just sayin.

17. DX6channel

May 23, 2010
    Thanks guys!