main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Project Evolution: Man's Downfall (a zombie RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sentinel001, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    IC: Daniel Keyes
    Sewers
    2:00
    Weapons: Molotovs
    Ammo: Four

"Rats," Dale said to the group, "sewer rats. The damned things get as big as footballs."

Daniel shuddered, looking around nervously. "Damn it." Rats he could handle. Rats as big as footballs, maybe not. Daniel cursed himself silently for not bringing anything else besides the four molotovs that fit in his pockets. Something he could have swung would have been great, maybe even the broken leg of a chair. At this point, anything would work because he wanted to save the molotovs for the zombies. After all, they were suppose to be afraid of fire weren't they?

"Hey Dale, if they're as big as football's maybe I can throw them like one." Daniel smiled lightly. It wasn't the best joke, but it did seem like a good moment to try to break the tension. All he knew was there was no way in hell he was touching the damned rats, let along picking one up and throwing it across the sewers. Chances were, it would just get up and crawl right back at him to get its big toothed revenge. Daniel shuddered again, looking down at the murky looking water his shoes were now invisible under.

"I hope those rumors about a sewer gator are fake, that would just make this situation horribly painful."

Tag: Bar group

2. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    IC: Paul Olsen
    Weapon: Candlestick
    Ammo: N/A

When Paul was 8 he had found a dead mouse in his basement. It had died some weeks before, and it had rpened and festered all that time. When he found it, nestled behind stacks of boxes that had remained unopened since his parents had bought the house, the stink had assaulted him more acutely than anything else in his short life. The olfactory devastation was enogh to send him running, running away, trying to keep from throwing up. He thought it was the worst smell that could ever be. He'd held that belief for many years afterwards, even though he knew it was absurd.

What he smelled in the first second of decending into the sewers made him realize that the single dead rodent in his basement was not one one billionth of the stink that flooded his nasal passages now. It was literally like a force against his body, invading and crushing in on him.

For a few moments he could not get his bearings and was reduced to a state of singularity: avoidance of throwing up.

Gradually he got control of himself and pushed ahead, pulling his shirt over his nose. It's help was marginal, to put it charitably. He fell in line with the winding string of humans followed the man called dale who had the shotgun. In addition to the stink, there was the darkness. The darkness of stony caverns deep in the earth. A singularity of illumination panned back and forth ahead: the light on the shotgun.

The floor snatched nastily at the soles of his shoes as he coughed and sputtered and tried to keep himself from passing out. Paul focused on the mechanics of the situation, of putting one foot in front of the other, which kept himself from being overwhelmed by the darkness and the smell. It seemed to be working.

But then, the guy named Dale said something about rats...

TAG: All in sewer

3. Sentinel001

Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2007
    IC: Dale
    Time 1:45
    Weapon: 12 Gauge Shotgun
    Ammo: 13 shells

Dale was never partial to getting mauled to death. Be it by un-dead mutated rats, or un-dead humans, he wasn't really a big fan. So, at the prospect of being stuck between both aforementioned parties, Dale was a tad bit shaken up.

Keeping his flashlight on the path that lay ahead of him, he kept moving forward. Despite the show he had put on before, Dale had never really used a gun before. He'd seen his fair share of action movies.

Then, the worst thing that could have possibly happened did. A swarm of them, at least a hundred strong came crawling down the sewer line, and Dale was not exaggerating when he said the size of footballs. Their eyes seemed to glow red, providing dim light in the darkness, just enough light to see their razor sharp death and the blood of God-knows-what dripping from them.

Thinking fast, Dale made a quick decision. He looked to his right, assume that the rats couldn't swim, forced out the thought of what was in that water, and...

"EVERYBODY IN THE WATER!!!"

Dale jumped in, the smell was more than repulsive and it was hard to believe that this sewer line wasn't one that was dedicated to bodily waste, hard to believe and most fortunate.

TAG: Sewer Gang

4. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: John Renning
    Time: 1:00

"EVERYBODY IN THE WATER!!!"

John thought for a moment. Is this guy nuts?! But that was before he turned around and saw the horde, the swarm of the things rushing towards them. He yanked of his vest andit along with his laptop case he held over his head as he jumped into the horrid water filled and marrinated in god only knows what. Still it was far better then being eaten alive by giant rats. As he jumped in he gave Maya and Aki a slight shove towards the sewer in the event they hadn't seen what was heading their way.

5. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: James Sunderland
    Location Sewers

"God I think I'm goin to throw up" James moaned to himself. James qucikly glanced at looked to Dale. He looked sick from the smell as well but quickly recomposed himself. James did too...after all, this was hardley the time to act childish

TAG everyone in sewers.

6. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    IC Arkady Callia

Shadows leaped in and out of the dark sewer from the various lights of the group. Arkady's heart was beating fast, she was terrified. After all there were zombies or whatever up, mutant sewer rats down here. They were gonna die slow painful deaths. And the smell the damn smell permeated over every pore it seemed, she could even taste it. She could feel it covering her up like some noxious gas, and then the bartender shouted for them to get into the water. She did as he advised but soon the smell and terror were too much and she began a violent fit of coughing trying to avoid vomiting. About a minute later she stood glancing around, in a small voice she said "sorry.." As she glanced at each she realized they could be just about the only uninfected people in new york.

She glanced at the one named Daniel, she spoke in a a soft nasally voice unable to risk using her nose, "We should get out of this sewer, before we vomit our guts out." It felt good to talk, to try and concentrate on not puking and not on the fact that they'd probably be eaten.

Tag: Daniel, Everyone

7. Anime_Fan

Apr 2, 2005
    IC: Daniel
    Time 1:45
    Weapon: Molotov

Daniel stepped off the ledge and back into the water. He hadn't been on that ledge longer than a minute before Dale had heard the pack of rats and told everyone to get into the water. Everyone obliged, despite the disgusting stench coming from the water, and the disgusting feeling the water would have on their feet if it soaked through their shoes. Because of the style of his shoes, water was already inside his shoes, and it had already soaked through his socks. Daniel didn't really care. He'd rather have sewer water in his shoes than be bitten by giant, possibly zombie, rats.

"We should get out of this sewer, before we vomit our guts out." The woman from before, Arkady was her name, spoke. Up until that moment she has been silent. Daniel couldn't blame her. He was pretty silent too, but now they all probably needed something to keep their minds off the stench, just so they wouldn't puke.

"Yeah seriously. It's really disgusting." Daniel looked at Arkady and reached into his jacket pocket. 'Good, I didn't take it out.' He held the lighter in between two fingers while he fished out his handkerchief from the small pocket. Once he had it out, he slipped the lighter back in and folded the 'chief into a rectangle. Dan then held the cloth out to Arkady.

"Here, I don't know if it'll work too well, but it might just block out some of the smell." Daniel chuckled softly and smiled.

Tag: Arkady, Sewer group

8. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: hmmm i think peopel should start posting agai

9. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: I can't post until the action comes my way. My last post isolated me from anything going on in NYC.

10. Sentinel001

Apr 18, 2007
    OOC: Forgive me, fellow survivors, I have been extremely busy lately between filming, writing, homework, and work, however filming is about to be completed and work has cooled down so I'm back. Again, I'm sorry. Chanbill, the action is not going to come your way if you continue to remain in Syracuse. The entire first part takes place in the city, and the second part takes place a year later on another continent. The infection hasn't even hit Syracuse yet. I suggest you create a new character, and one who has parents that don't pack bows and arrows as their defense against zombies.

My next post will follow this one, this is just a bump to let all of you know I'm back.

11. Sentinel001

Apr 18, 2007
    OOC: Again, sorry.

IC: Dale Kerrigan
    Time: 2:00
    Weapon: 12-Gauge Shotgun
    Ammo: 12 Shells.

He had to tell everyone to get into the water. What a hero he was. The "river" they took a leap of faith into first of all smelled like death, which was in the air to begin with. What it did on top of that was send them into a three story waterfall leading to a reservoir at the bottom level of the NYC sewage system.

Everyone hit the bottom, but not everyone made it. Dale's old hero, Jason Yancey was among the dead, along with a few other regulars that Dale knew on a first name basis. He struggled to keep in the emotions that beckoned to flow twice as hard as the river he just came out of.

The few who were left swam to a small concrete island in the center of the reservoir, Dale climbed up onto it first, and helped every one else up one by one as if to make up for the percentage of the group that he basically just got killed.

He needed to catch up with his thought process which needed to catch up with his feelings. Right now the three things on his mind were regret, regret, and regret. Kind of like Real estate, but not really.

Gathering up a few sentences, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Okay, as far as I can see, this place is safe enough for us to stay here for at least a little while."

Suddenly, as if on cue, something came out of the water, grabbed a mouthful of a person, and dragged him under. Dale ran over to the edge of the island and looked into the water. He saw the ripples in the surface of it where the thing had re-submerged, and suddenly where there once was a dull green color, a bloody red appeared.

"Everyone get as close to the center of this island as possible right now." he said out loud, people looked confused, but that was only until another one of those things came out and tried to take a bite out of Dale. In stead of letting it have a mouthful of him, Dale gave it a mouthful of a shotgun shell, it went back into the water. "CENTER OF THE ISLAND, NOW!" everyone decided that, at this point, it'd be a good idea to listen to Dale.

I thought crocodiles in the sewers was just some urban legend. he thought. A lot of things he didn't think existed were trying to eat him today.

TAG: ALL IN SEWERS.

12. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Time: 2:00 am

As John managed to get on the island of concrete he watched the crocodile try to snap Dale. Dale's warning get to the center part of the small block was unneeded as John was blitzing there as he was thinking, Man oh man, I just knew the Mythbusters retired too soon...

13. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: Um, Sentinel I'm not in Syracuse, I'm in a small town in the foothills of the Adirondaks. My character didn't even start in Syracuse, he started in a town two hours north of it. I'll wait until the time arrives when it does spread far enough, or at least the infected manage to reach where he is, I don't see the need to create another character, I said in my prior post that I was isolated to explain why I wasn't posting.

14. Anime_Fan

Apr 2, 2005

"CENTER OF THE ISLAND, NOW!" Daniel didn't need to be told twice. "Come on." He said urgently to Arkady and followed the others to the center of the Island. Either that croc was killing just for the fun of it, or there was more than one. Either way Dan didn't want to stick around and find out if there was another one who would try to take them all out right at this moment.

"This is fricken insane!" Daniel sat down on the ground and slammed his fist onto it. Zombies, giant rats, and now sewer gators? What else could possibly be thrown at them? Ignoring the stinging pain from his bleeding knuckles, Daniel took out his lighter and began to flip it on and off, glaring at the direction of the water.

Tag: Sewer group

15. Apadamek

Jul 26, 2007
    IC Arkady Callia

The waterfall caught Arkady by surprise. As they fell down to the water she wondered if she would die. Luckily she was only dazed but with a muffled cry she saw some of the group hit the water and not get up. She glanced around checking to make sure who else was alive, "come on." a voice broke through the rushing water, it was Daniel Keys. She nodded mutely and followed him, seeing one of the others sprint toward it as well. As she clambered onto the island she stood as Daniel sat down "this is Frickin insane" he said angrily, Arkady nodded "yeah..." she paused "How else could this day get worse." she said sadly, sitting on the ground as well. "are you hurt?" she asked suddenly, referring to his bleeding knuckles.

16. Anime_Fan

Apr 2, 2005
    Ammo: Two

"Are you hurt?" Daniel stopped playing with his lighter and looked at his hand. He sighed and looked at her. "No, it's alright." Dan quickly opened his suit jacket, only to curse under his breath. Both of the molotovs he had kept in the inner pockets of his jacket had broken. Seeing nothing else to do, the now furious lawyer pulled his jacket off and flipped it upside down so the shattered glass would fall out of the pockets. Dan then rolled up the sleeves of his collared shirt, shaking the water out of his hair. After a few moments of silence he looked at Arkady. Despite being soaking wet in disgusting water, she looked to be uninjured, but of course, it was always safer to ask. Either way, he wanted to talk. Staying quiet would just make him even angrier.

"What about you, are you hurt?"

17. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC; yeah MAx and kyle are waiting for daunte. It'd be cool if i could post soon

18. Apadamek

Jul 26, 2007
    ((Might as well post i guess, lets not let this game die guys.))

ic Arkady Callia:

"Are you hurt?" She shrugged "just a little shaken is all, that fall tired me out." She glanced around and said to Dale "we should get moving, this sewer isn't safe...we need to get out of the city." She glanced at Daniel "we can't lose anymore people.."

Tag: all

19. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya & Aki Yubari
    Time: 02:00
    Weapons: None. (lost in sewers)

Maya shivered as her brother pulled her from the water, just in time as the corcs began to move towards where she was previously floating. The first thing she did when on solid ground was to look at her camera. The water proof case she had bought seemed to have done the trick and she sighed a breath of relief.

"I think you'd be more upset if that camera broke than if I died." Aki joked holding his sister close to him as she shivered.

"Don't joke about that. None of us are going to die." Maya replied matter of factly. It wasn't a promise, it was a statement. "This is not safe. We need to get out of the city, find a military base... I don't know but we do need to get somewhere that doesn't have zombies, rats, gators of anything similar."

"You OK?" Aki asked turning to John

tag: Sewer group. Yuul.

20. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Time: 2:00 am

"You OK?"

"For now, yes although I am quite a bit shaken up. I just new the Mythbusters should have stayed in the job for another year." He adds while watching the water's edge.

tag

21. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: Okay sentinel001 has officially lost his mind. Idk when he's ever coming back to boards. Kid isn't balancing his circus act of a life. SO since Maninblack and i are co gm i think we should take over this. Sentinel001 isn't coming back to this rpg. So Maninblack PM me soo we can get this back on track.

22. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    Approved by CO-GM DarthCemeroX

Civilian CS:

Name: Clark Stewart
    Nationality: Native American-Irish
    Special Skill: Boy Scout, Junior baseball league.
    Appearance: Looks more Irish then Cherokee, Reddish brown hair, tan skin, brown eyes, freckles, 4?9? 105Lbs
    Personality: Imaginative and intelligent, but tends to get into trouble. A bit of a smartarse.
    Opinion on what?s causing the outbreak: Plane 9
    Bio: Clark was your normal kid; he played baseball, got into trouble at school, but did pretty well with his studies, and was a good Boy Scout. His parents were always busy. His dad was a banker, always at the office. His mom was a lawyer, also always at the office. He was spending his Christmas break at home, because his parents couldn?t take time off from work. It was already New Years, and break was almost over.

23. Lilly_Kasei

Lilly_Kasei Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2007
    Gm approved

Civilian

Name: Clare Ryback
    Nationality: Asian
    Special Skill: NYC Police Officer, BA in Theology from Saint Joseph's College.
    Appearance: 5?6? 115Lbs, Black hair, Brown eyes. Pale skin.
    Personality: Usually out going, Intelligent, slight drinking problem.
    Opinion on what?s causing the outbreak: ?When fallen angels wake, the world will crumble, innocents the demons take, the fear of God humbles.?
    Bio: Clare was raised catholic. She attended Saint Joseph?s college and recived a BA in Theology. She joined the NYC police force at 24. Her parents and brother were killed shortly afterwards. They were involved in a car accident. her parents died on the scene. She had a broken collar bone, but otherwise was unhurt. Her brother hung on for two weeks in intensive care before he died. Clare started to have nightmares about the accident. She started having a few glasses of wine before bed. After a while a few glasses of wine lead to a few shots of tequila. Things went down hill from there. She never drank on the job, but hangovers were common. A week before New Years she was involved in a shoot out with some punk convince store robbers. The robbers were shooting indiscriminately. Clare saw one of the robbers lean out to take a shot. She aimed and fired. Just as her finger squeezed the trigger, Officer Delaen stood up. The bullet struck him in the neck. He died later that day. Clare was suspended with pay while a review board looked into the shooting. Three days later she went to Delaen?s funeral. She saw Delaen?s wife, Lori, who was eight months pregnant. Lori walked toward Clare, her black dress stark against her blonde hair and pale skin. She stopped in front of Clare, and held up a hand to stop her from saying anything. She looked into Clare?s red rimmed eyes. Seconds seemed like hours. Then Lori reached out, and embraced Clare. ?I know it wasn?t your fault.? Clare cried for the first time in years.

24. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: OKay all who are still interested post or PM so I know we'll have the new and old players

25. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.