main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about a couple toys i found on eBay

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Helitech, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    It'd be awesome to add these to my collection of Star Wars collection! Thanks in advance! Looking forward to your input!

Real action heroes figures... Seller is asking 700 shipped with insurance for both on ebay... I've seen one or the other go as high as $450 plus each!!! Please let me know what u think! I'd hate to miss out on these especially since the boxes look awesome and they're unopened... if they really are that rare to get new and unopened, id love to get the both of these in one shot... thanks in advance for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you searched closed eBay auctions on those figures to see what they went for? That might give you a better idea if you should try bidding or settle for Buy It Now..

3. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    I haven't found any in the same condition to compare this auction to... I saw a sold out posting on amazon but had generic pics.. What I like about this auction is the pictures of every side of the box... I get pretty meticulous when it comes to packaging and this is the best I've seen.... I tried contacting the other sellers for actual photos and I never get a reply, I sent this particular seller a question and he posted more pictures up... I just want to see if this is a fair deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271083067626?redirect=mobile

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Have you made other purchases like this before?

5. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    I have on non-star wars items... I'm more into sports stuff (basketball/football) and I have a lot of old unopened toys from when I was a kid.... Always been a SW fan and wanted to get into related figures and toys... Thoughts on this auction?

6. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Too much???

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I do think that if you were to search around eBay for the figures separately you might do better price-wise. The other option is to bid and see if you can get them cheaper. The auction does have just under a month to run. Alternatively, make the seller an offer. I just think $700 is a bit high. In the end, it's your money.

8. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    What would be a fair price for both?

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    A real quick search on Ebay turned up both figures in the $250 range (each). I'd do some more searching, come up with an average price, and see what you think. The one advantage your auction has is that you'd be dealing with just one seller. I did notice that your seller seems to have a favorable, if low, feedback.

10. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Are you planning to resell? Or keep forever? Think about investment value.
    I may be biased because for me personally, my fandom involves less stuff/merch and more content consumption. I do understand why some people are really into collecting, but I am not very knowledgeable about the field.

11. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    This is something I'd like go add to my collection... Not looking to resell at all

12. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    As a formerly very active ebay seller [ of SW and other toys, ] my red flag went up when I read that your tried to contact the seller and there was no reply, especially since feedback is a low number. It's not like they are so busy selling so many items that they don't pay attention to what they currently have up for auction. In fact, the tendency with sellers with low feedback is they are watching it closely and I would think that goes double considering the amount they are asking. It doesn't mean you shouldn't buy from them, but if they are already reluctant to communicate or just plain dropping the ball on that front, I would think very carefully about obligating yourself legally to such an expensive purchase.
    My advice is to try again with the communication attempt and then listen to your gut.

13. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    This seller replied back right away... I've asked him 10,000 questions about the figures and he gets back to me fairly quickly... Communication is not an issue :)

14. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Glad to hear that.

I remember those figures. Pretty awesome back in the day. A little on the expensive side even back then. I remember seeing boxes of them sitting for a long time because of that. Still nice stuff as I recall. I hope if you do buy it, it is everything you hope it to be. :)

15. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    He dropped the price down.... So tempting!!!

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think it's a more realistic price, considering I saw them for around $250 each.. But, at the end, it's your money. You could try making him an offer of $500 to see what he says.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I have the Luke from that set, he's wonderful! The Medicom figures are awesome for posing. Their bodies are hyper articulated, so much so you do NOT want to see them w/o their clothes on they're super jointed. I love my Luke though. The Anakin from that line is beyond gorgeous also. Just FYI the Luke isn't a full 12" tall, I guess they're somewhat to scale so he's closer to 11".

18. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    I'm gonna gamble and wait! Lol! Hopefully the seller drops the price again and no one buys them before I do!

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Power to you! Just remember things always show up again on ebay, so if things don't work out - there are always more available :)

20. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    I really like the condition of the boxes and its a huge plus they're unopened too! Hopefully I can win them :)

21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I just came across a few auctions for a 4-LOM Medicom figure.

Times like this, I wish I had money.

22. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Lowered again!!! Damn the need for car repairs!!!! :(

23. Helitech

Helitech Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    It's killing me that they're relisted at $400 for both and I have my money tied up in car repairs hahahaha! Damn!!

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My money's tied up in bills, else I'd be tempted to drop the cash for a 4-LOM Medicom figure I saw.