main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Question about Celebration III

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by yaddel, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Hi, just wondering if anyone had heard anything, and, who was planning on going :) We are working on costumes already, though my daughter will probably be too big or too small for hers by the time we actually go, and who knows we may have another munchkin to drag along with us too, but I just thought I would ask. I didn't see another thread on the topic, and I could not find a board related to it, so if you know of one just point me there, thanks! By the way are we ever actually going to get together again? It may be fun to get together and watch TTT next month when it comes out, I can have a couple of people over here :)

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd like to go to the next Celebration. I hope it's somewhere on the East Coast.

3. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    The last two were both in the same place right? I could not go to the one in 99 because of work, and I could not go to the one in 2002 because of the baby, go figure! I plan to go to the 3rd one no matter what :)

4. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    The first one was in Denver, which I didn't go to cuz I was still in high school (could only skip so many days for star wars senior year...)

Last year it was in Indianapolis, a nice city but quite a ways away. Enjoyed the trip.

Yeah, I think the east coast definately needs some lovin from Lucasfilm.

5. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    I have heard from someone in the know, that unless something happens to dramatically change things, the top two contenders for Celebration 3 are Indianapolis again, or San Diego.

Personally, I'm hoping Indy. Rick McCallum and George were both quoted as saying something to the effect of "Hey, if it aint broke, don't fix it." so that leads me to think they'll go with Indy. Plus the nickname of the city has the whole Indiana Jones thing going on. =P

Chris

6. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    The official announcement on the venue will be made in Chicago at the Wizard World 2003 event. Also said to be in the running as a potential site was Chicago. I've heard a rumor that Chi-town was chosen. If that's the case, I can guarantee that I WON'T be going to C III.

7. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I hope it's in Indy, I don't want to have to fly across the country. Although, I'd do it anyway. :)

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd really to make it to C3. I didn't have the chance or means of making the other two.

9. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I hope it is in Indy too.

10. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    Well we would like to go, and it would be really fun to go with people we know from our area :)
    *runs off to start sewing costumes*

11. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    I liked Indy because I was able to drive there. It's a 12-hour drive one way, but I was able to do it. It's really the only way to go if you want to carry a decent amount of luggage, including a costume (or several) with prop weaponry. That way, you don't have to deal with clueless airport security screeners, lost luggage, etc.
    If it's in Indy, I'll go. :cool:
    If it's in San Diego, I might go, or I might not. [face_plain]
    But if it's in Chi-town, I definitely WILL NOT go. :mad:

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm actually pretty sure I'm going. I just need a time and a place.

13. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    When is the Wizard World 2003 event?

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    In the Fan Force General Forum, I saw some threads for Wizard World. I'm not familiar with this convention. But if there's any information to be found, this is the place. :)

15. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    ^ ^ ^
    Wizard World is one of the largest annual comic conventions in the country. It's run by publishing giant Wizard, the publishers of the long-running Wizard: The Comics Magazine (which has been so successful that, sadly, it has put all its one-time competitors out of business, including such superior publications as Comics Scene. :() and its spin-off, Toy Fare. I believe it's also what used to be the Chicago Comic Con.
    At any rate, it's one of the largest, if not THE largest, comic conventions this side of the Mississippi.

16. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    :BUMP:

Its getting closer...

Tak

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    What are the dates again?

I'd like to go, but I don't know if it'll work out. I'll have to start asking my friends if they're interested.

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
  19. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Wow, April 21 to 24, 2005
    I like those days....
    Looks like it won't interfere with the premiere of EIII

Tak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.