main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    After watching ROTS, what are the questions that you want answered? Here are mine:

-What's the deal with Obi-Wan taking off from Utapau and then watching himself take off??

-What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?

-Why did Obi-Wan just watch Anakin suffer and burst into flame without doing anything...they're like brothers after all?

-Why didn't Owen come to greet Obi-Wan?

-Where was Mon Mothma?

-Where was Lucas?

That's all for now...

2. Darth_Disco

Darth_Disco Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2003
    Answers:

1) What's the deal with Obi-Wan taking off from Utapau and then watching himself take off??

He ordered his droid to take off so the Magna Gurds watching him would think he left. He was watching the ship leave as he hid out of sight...

2) What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?

Meh, plot hole...

3) Why did Obi-Wan just watch Anakin suffer and burst into flame without doing anything...they're like brothers after all?

Why would you want to help a guy who just wiped out a bunch of little kids?

4) Why didn't Owen come to greet Obi-Wan?

Beats me... I thought that whole ending was really poorly executed...

5) Where was Mon Mothma?

All her scenes were cut... methinks we'll see them on the DVD...

6) Where was Lucas?

Far left hand side of the screen when Anakin is rushing into the theater lobby, just before he enters Palpatine's private box... Lucas is talking with another blue skin alien, who I think is his daughter again...

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    About number 2, it could be possible that she was talking about her adoptive mother, not Padme. I don't think she could remember something from the instant she was born...

darth_nemisis

4. Force-Addict

Force-Addict Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Is the little stud who kills the clone troopers on the landing platform to protect Bail Organa Lucas' son?

My buddy says it was, I think he's a retard :p

5. Reverend_Duck

Reverend_Duck Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    -What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?

I thought about it as well, and then figured that she could be referring to her mother Organa, and not Naberrie. The story doesn't say whether mother Organa dies, though. I hope Lucas clarifies this, or admits that it is a plot hole, whichever is true.

6. EmpireJax

EmpireJax Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Remember, when Luke asks Leia about her mother, she is still unaware that she is not an Organa.

Luke breaks that news to her after she speaks of her "mother."

7. bouj

bouj Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    "Is the little stud who kills the clone troopers on the landing platform to protect Bail Organa Lucas' son? "

That was Jett Lucas (pg. 106 of the Making of book), Lucas' son.

8. Master_Chikan

Master_Chikan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    ^^ True true... Lucas' son got a heroic death... sveeet ;) LOL

9. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Odd how the little youngling lasted longer than Jedi masters against the clones.

10. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    does his character have a name?

And after order 66 was the Jedi on the speeder bike Adi Gallia or Stass Allie?

11. JK33

JK33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    As for the Owen question, I wonder if he realizes the burden (and the danger) of taking Luke. It threatens his family...and eventually does kill them.

I'd be reluctant, too.

12. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    I have a question. After Obi-wan looks into the security recordings he says

"send me to fight the emperor, i cannot kill anakin"

How does he know palpetine is now the emperor? He has'nt labled himself so, and has only just anounced an empire in the senete, and obi-wan was not there at this time. Think it is a slip up, surley he'd refere to Palps as Sideous or Palpetine.

13. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    "I ask" to stay on the board for the rest of the year and find out what the force might bring.

14. Sanjiro

Sanjiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Palpatine mentions the new Empire in the hologram that Ben is watching. that's how he knew to call him Emperor.

15. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    What's the deal with Obi-Wan taking off from Utapau and then watching himself take off??

It was a trick. He told the droid to take off while he hid.

What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?

Just a plot hole.

Also:
    Remember, when Luke asks Leia about her mother, she is still unaware that she is not an Organa.

Then why did Luke emphasize, "your REAL mother"? She clearly knows that she was adopted, otherwise why would she have believed that Vader revelation? She would have at least said something like "That can't be true, I HAVE parents".

Why did Obi-Wan just watch Anakin suffer and burst into flame without doing anything...they're like brothers after all?

I asked this question too. He should have just cut his head off and not leave him to suffer a slow death. The only explanation I can think of is that in the end Obi-wan simply couldn't bring himself to deal a fatal blow. He knew Anakin had to die, but he couldn't do the act himself, so he left him to burn.

Why didn't Owen come to greet Obi-Wan?

I always got the impression that Owen never liked Anakin much. I think there was a fair bit of resentment on his part for Anakin putting him in that situation. I'm sure he grew to love Luke as a son, but I don't think he was thrilled at his arrival.

16. AceWindu

AceWindu Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    I agree totally with Nemesis & Duck. I was thinking about this on my drive home.

Maybe in ROTJ, when Luke asks Leia about her mother and what she remembers, it's about Bail Organa's wife. No one had ever said or wrote that Bail was married. So it could very well be that Leia remembers images of Mrs. Organa before she passed away. When she passed away and how are another question for another day.

Birdies are chirping!

Need sleep!

17. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    Then why did Luke emphasize, "your REAL mother"? She clearly knows that she was adopted, otherwise why would she have believed that Vader revelation? She would have at least said something like "That can't be true, I HAVE parents".
    exactly. thats still bothering me....

Why did Obi-Wan just watch Anakin suffer and burst into flame without doing anything...they're like brothers after all?

I asked this question too. He should have just cut his head off and not leave him to suffer a slow death. The only explanation I can think of is that in the end Obi-wan simply couldn't bring himself to deal a fatal blow. He knew Anakin had to die, but he couldn't do the act himself, so he left him to burn.

yeah if they really were friends - brothers...come on. you're brother is on fire, dying a horrible death...you gotta do something...

anakins visions: were they done by palpatine? later in their talk when anakin finds out palps is the sithlord palps knows about the content of the dreams it seems. did he send them to anakin to lure him to the dark side?

I am still pissed at yoda for going into exile and leaving all these innocent people in the emperors hand. we dont know how many got killed, but this dude destroyed alderaan. so he will probably be responsible for the deaths of millions or billions... how could yoda just sit on dagobah and do nothing?

also why didnt they train luke or leia to be their last best hope earlier?

and why when in hiding give Luke his fathers name SKYWALKER? wouldnt that make it much much easier for vader to find him?

as well as giving leia to bail organa. that wont make her safe. he is a senator and she will later become a senator himself, but yet NOW they are worried about getting them as far away as possible from the emperor and vader. doesnt make sense...

-Mel

18. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    Jett Sacul pwned the clones,before they went rapidfire on him.

19. Master_Boucks

Master_Boucks Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    I agree that Obi-Wan just couldn't bring himself to deliver the fatal blow, he was reluctant to even fight Anakin to begin with.

My major question is why did bail clearly state the 3P0 was the have a memory wipe. Does that mean that R2 didn't have one? And if thats the case that opens up an entirely new view on R2 for the OT.

20. Combo722

Combo722 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I have a question...

After Palpatine told the story about the sith who could create life with midiclorian... are we to believe he was the one that created Anakin? Was Anakin his plan all along to become his apprentice? But didnt he say he didnt know how to do it and together they would learn the power to create life? So who did do it... and why pick a slave mom and Tatooine????

21. Master_Boucks

May 10, 2005
    I don't think that we were meant to believe that Sidious created Anakin, rather it was just a ploy by Sidious to turn Anakin to the dark side. Sidious knew that Anakin would turn if he thought that he could save Padme, so he brought up the story of Plagieus to bait him.

22. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Question -
    was it Just me or was "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" spelt wrong ??
    (ie - I lnog time ago in a galaxy far far away)

23. Holla22

Holla22 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    I got one, where was my favorite jedi, Shaak Ti?

24. JediSpyder69

JediSpyder69 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    MORE QUESTIONS:

- What happened to all the Clones?? You know, the ones that can aim & shoot really well? Where are they 20 years later in ANH? Are Stormtroopers just regular dudes then?

- Come on, why did Padme really die?

- Am I really supposed to believe that Obi-wan doesn't recognize R2D2 twenty years later?

- Most important question: why didn't Jar-Jar die?! :p

25. Master_Boucks

May 10, 2005
    The majority of the clone troopers age during the 20 years and are replaced by acutal stormtroopers by the time ANH starts. Yeah the clones are heaps better but they are still human and age so most would be able 45-50 by the time ANH starts.

I liked Padme's death, she had no reason left to live, Anakin was Vader so dead to her, the Senate was an Empire her life long work and the kids would only serve as a daily reminder of the life she could've had. So she just threw in the towel. Fair enough i reckon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.