main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread - Note on first post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinn is MINE, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    FINALLY a bunny bit for a drabble.. it's about time :p I've been reading all of these but haven't had time to reply to them all. GReat job everyone!!

The Certain Path

Crystal blue eyes regarded Qui-Gon calmly. ?Are we ready Master??

Qui-Gon smiled warmly at his apprentice and tweaked his braid affectionately. ?Yes, Padawan. Yoda has given us clearance to depart at our earliest convenience.?

The Padawan smiled. He had looked forward to this day.

They boarded their transport and soon lifted off for space.

?Xanatos, set course for Telos,? Qui-Gon instructed.

?Yes Master,? Xanatos replied.

Qui-Gon smiled at the excitement and warmth he heard in the son of his heart?s voice. There was no need for this last test of Xanatos.

Master Yoda was wrong.

He felt certain of it.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, nicely done. I liked that Qui-Gon felt so warmly about his Padawan. But then he would, wouldn't he...

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awwww Layren, that's so sad. He's so darn hopeful. Lovely viggie.

4. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Well, I thought perhaps my Active Topic Notification had expired...but no it really has been this quiet around here.

Congrats on your noms everyone who got them!

5. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    :) Discussion's on about whether we can do an 'Evil Qui' challenge, actually - over at the maverick thread in Resource.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I had a horrendous day yesterday... 16 plus hours at work, a flat tire on the way home at nearly midnight... I needed to write it out of me so I've a drabble to share. Plus, I know there's folks here to appreciate the content. :D

Jedi Fantasy

A baritone voice of Alderanni silk flows over me in waves of comfort as he asks how my day was. My name on his lips and a promise to what he can to help eases me in ways unimaginable. Strong and nimble fingers tenderly caress muscles and work out the days tensions from my tired body. A day of rest and quality time spent with Qui-Gon Jinn would be all I need to rejuvenate an exhausted physical state and my weary frame of mind.

While living in fantasy may not be healthy, a visit now and then can do wonders.

Next must hope over to evil Qui discussion. :D :D

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor Leona! [:D] I hope that your week will get better. But I loved the drabble. So maybe you're one of those tortured artists? :D

8. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Ooohhh...HL...some fantasy, that is. [face_love] Great!

9. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, that was lovely, Leona. Can I have him when you're done? I have a few back muscles that could use a good.... massage.

Hope you are feeling better today. If not, have Qui-Gon [face_love] visit you again, just to make sure that you are alright. :D

10. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    Okay, the new challenge is up. Write Qui-Gon as evil, wicked, malevolant, just doing his part to 'save' the universe. Any way you want as long as he is a bad guy. Or is he???? Hey, Sith Lords want to have peace, too. :D So go.... write.

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Leona hope your day is better today! [:D] So, um... could I borrow that fantasy for an hour or two? I sure could use a good shoulder/neck/back massage! [face_mischief]

12. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    *gets to writing immediately*

13. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    *ahem* I give you Evil Qui.

With Loaded Dice

Qui-Gon had known it was a trick die even before he watched its uneven roll across the sandy floor - the unseemly twinkle in that Toydarian's eye was enough to tell him so. It was understandable, of course, because Watto needed the boy in his shop, was even fond of him in a way. Watto had his reasons for playing with loaded dice, he wanted to keep his star mechanic.

That didn't stop the Jedi Order from needing Anakin Skywalker more, though, and Qui-Gon had his own tricks. Surely the Council wouldn't have approved of his meddling, but it wasn't as though they had to know about this. It would just be another little unauthorized use of the Force that never made it into Qui-Gon's mission report, nothing more. Nothing dangerous.

Subtly, Qui-Gon reached out and took up a tendril of the Force, tapping the little wooden cube with its hidden metal weight just enough to push it over once more. It was laughably easy, a trick he'd been able to perform nearly as long as he could remember; still, Qui-Gon felt a strange rush at having won the high-stakes game. The triumphant grin he flashed at Watto as he swept out of the shop was a genuine one.

"I don't know, Master," Obi-Wan sighed.

"Of course he'll win! You haven't seen him, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon assured. He scanned the streets below Shmi and Anakin's roof terrace for unwanted listeners, comlink in hand.

"All right, assuming he does win the race and you haven't just gambled away our entire ship," Obi-Wan began. Qui-Gon rolled his eyes at his apprentice's tone. Arrogant trying for analytical, that seemed to describe quite a bit of Obi-Wan's personality these days. "What are you going to do with him? Anakin is far too old for training, you know that. The Council will never approve."

"Oh, that will all be smoothed out in due time," replied Qui-Gon casually, although he knew Obi-Wan had long since stopped being duped by him pretending to sit back and wait for events to take their course.

"I see," Obi-Wan intoned, his voice dripping with disapproval. "So, you're just going to take Anakin from his mother, and see whether he adjusts to it or not. Am I right?"

Qui-Gon made an irritated sound in his throat, too quietly for the comlink to pick up. He could imagine Obi-Wan waiting for a response, the apprentice far too aware he'd put his Master on the spot. The longer he remained silent, the more obvious it was, and at last it became unbearable.
    The sound of footsteps on the stair provided him relief.

"Can't talk now," he murmered quickly, turning away from the door up to the terrace. "Call you later, Padawan, someone's on their way up here." Without letting Obi-Wan get in the last word, he snapped the comlink closed and pretended to be warming his hands in the pockets of his cloak.

"Couldn't you sleep either?" Shmi Skywalker queried from behind him.

"Ah - no, not really." He turned to face the careworn woman. "Are you all right?"

She seemed to be gathering all her courage up. "What are your plans for my son?" she asked, hazel eyes suddenly blazing.

"Shmi, you know he's a very special boy," Qui-Gon began lamely. He'd never been on a recruiting trip for the Order, and there was a reason for that; he knew he couldn't face parents like this.

"You want to take him from me," she stated calmly.

"I - that is, we Jedi - "

"Please don't," she whispered. "Please. Ani needs me, I know in my heart that he does. You can't take him away, you just can't. He'll crumble."

Qui-Gon shook his head. "Anakin's a strong boy, he can manage. You understand, he's very talented," he said in his gentlest voice, though to tell the truth, the woman was starting to irritate him. It was as though she insisted on proving Obi-Wan right. Besides, it was obvious she was more distressed by the prospect of being left alone than worried about her son's well-being.

"He's more fragile than you know," Shmi pleaded.

Of course, Mother knows best. And Obi-Wan. And the

14. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Downright creepy. Wow, this was wonderful. Even fit with canon with the wave of his hand and Obi-Wan asking him questions. Loved the things that Qui-Gon didn't put into his report to the Council.

Her mind was open and honest, she'd never be able to shield herself. And afterward, she'd just think they'd come to an agreement on it. It wasn't wrong, not dangerous, no, just another little unauthorized trick that nobody would ever know about.

"But I'm afraid that, well, you must."

Loved that as well. So a few Jedi Mind tricks just do the job but as he uses them over and over again, the slippery slide down the evil path becomes ever more steep.

Great job and welcome!

15. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    That was great wolfie! :D

16. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Wow. Creepy. Loved how you turned canon into evil plot bunnie. Poor, unsuspecting Shmi...and I can just see Qui, manipulating her, eyes glittering.

Welcome! [:D]

17. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    EVIL! AHHHH! Oh man... poor shmi. This is the kind of Jedi that deserves to be purged....

LIke the description about Obi though. :p

*waits for own muse to strike*

18. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Title: A Question of Faith
    Author: ithesock
    Timeframe: Well...AU.
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: Creepy
    Summary: Qui-Gon reassures his Master.
    Notes: Well, now. This bunny bit me unawares...but you must tell me if it all made sense. [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

A Question of Faith

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi walked along the corridors that led past gleaming Bronzium columns, and came to the passage that opened into the Gardens of Solitude.

His padawan often came here when he was disturbed?the Living Force emanating from the plants always had a calming effect on him. Obi-Wan knew this to be true?the boy was nearly always in a peaceful frame of mind after a visit to the Gardens - apparently, the weeding process he undertook there was extremely beneficial. Plants, bushes and trees seemed to accomplish what even the Council couldn?t.

What mattered, however, was that his padawan could find peace. Which was more than could be said for him.

?Qui-Gon?? he murmured, as he spied the boy kneeling underneath a flowering louria tree, its rose-red blossoms brushing his chest-nut hair.

The boy?s eyes opened at once, and Obi-Wan found himself looking into bright, gentian-blue eyes. ?Master??

As always, the knight was overwhelmed by the wealth of affection the boy could pour into the word. It was a soothing balm to his currently ravaged mind?but it would have brought a frown to master Windu?s face, he knew.

?Padawan,? He murmured. ?Sit, please.?

Qui-Gon sat down gracefully, taking care to smooth out rippled blades of grass as he did so. The boy was unfailingly careful of how he treated plant-life?and the knowledge brought some warmth into Obi-Wan?s heart.

Qui-Gon brushed back a strand of wavy hair that had slipped out of his knot. ?The Council-Members weren?t pleased, were they??

Obi-Wan looked deep into the fourteen year-old?s eyes. ?No, they weren?t. That was only to be expected.?

His padawan pursed his lips; Obi-Wan could feel him placing a vice-like hold on emotions that were steadily building up. ?They expected me to sit still and watch, while Togorian pirates carved you into a nine-course meal, then??

The knight?s mouth curved into a gentle smile; Qui-Gon found that his anger and frustration were melting under the sun of his Master's affection.

?Hardly a nine-course meal,? remarked the knight. ?Three courses, perhaps?if you threw in a few bones.?

?Don?t, please.? A look of revulsion passed over the apprentice?s face. ?Don?t make light of it, Master. The danger was very real?if I hadn?t come in time, you would now be talking to me from within the Force, perhaps.?

?Would that be a very bad thing?? Obi-Wan touched one of the chestnut wisps. ?It will happen some day, young one. We have spoken of this; there is no death??

?Yes, there is.? The boy clenched and unclenched his fists, barely concealed anger and sorrow thrusting against his shields. ?The Force is all around us?but if you die, it will still be only the Force.? He turned luminous eyes on Obi-Wan. ?It won?t be you. It won?t be Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

The knight sat still for a moment, surprise awakening in his mind. It never failed to astonish him when Qui-Gon put forth such perceptive statements; proof that the boy was no ordinary Jedi padawan. Oh, this one had the seeds of greatness in him. He would go far, very far?if he were guided well.

He bit his lips, feeling anew the weight of the assignment he had assumed. Qui-Gon had not been chosen largely because of his extraordinary strength in the Force?until he himself had undertaken the challenge in the boy?s twelfth year. And had just spent the past three hours, convincing the Council, again, that his choice had been the right one.

They were afraid, all of them.

He knew this?and suspected that the boy too, did. Which was quite pathetic, considering the impeccable control the padawan had, over his emotion

19. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    Evil Qui-Gon Challenge Index
    Authors - If you need me to change anything, please let me (dianethx) know.

Title: With Loaded Dice
    Author: raisedbywolves
    Timeframe: TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Watto, Shmi
    Genre: creepy evilness
    Keywords: Jedi Mind Trick, loaded dice
    Summary:Qui-Gon should really learn that Jedi Mind Tricks are of the Darkside. Unfortunately, he's too busy using them to notice.

Title: A Question of Faith
    Author: ithesock
    Timeframe: Well...AU.
    Genre: Creepy
    Keywords: Living Force, green things
    Summary: Qui-Gon reassures his Master.
    Note: Well, now. This bunny bit me unawares...but you must tell me if it all made sense.

Title: Ecstasy
    Author: dianethx
    Timeframe: JA
    Genre: horror
    Keywords: Living Force
    Summary:Qui-Gon Jinn has grown addicted to the Living Force in oh so many ways.
    Note: So very AU?.

Title: I Want It Back
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: A long time ago?
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Xanatos
    Genre: Revenge
    Keywords: Jedi, debts
    Summary: Sometimes old debts come due.
    Note: Written for the Dark Qui challenge!

Title: All for the Greater Good
    Author: Kynstar
    Timeframe: ANH
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Count Dooku
    Genre: action
    Keywords: DeathStar
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn and Count Dooku are about to make Republic history ? with the death of Coruscant.

Title: A Broken Sacrifice
    Author: Layren
    Timeframe: TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Kenobi, Darth Sidious
    Genre: angst
    Keywords: Chosen One, sacrifice
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn makes the ultimate sacrifice to save the Galaxy.

Title: "The Last Fall"
    Author: vader_incarnate
    Timeframe: post-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: drama, AU
    Keywords:
    Summary: It's the last fall that kills a man. Always.
    Note: Love to obaona, because she encourages me and my obsessions. Written because Batman Begins made me want to write morally ambiguous Qui-Gon fic liek whoa. o_O Actaeon, anyone?

Title: Attachments
    Author: -The-Negotiator-
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku
    Genre: mystery, AU
    Keywords: evil Qui-Gon
    Summary: Qui-Gon is always the teacher and Obi-Wan is learning that the Sith have many ways of seducing their prey.

Title: THE EDGE
    Author: Princess_Arulmozhi
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Healer Merrim
    Genre: humor, evilness
    Keywords: decaying womprat, Lady Dinaxth
    Summary: Qui-Gon has begun a new hobby, badly written prose and worst yet, he has a fan that actually likes it. Don't encourage him, please!

Title: Talking to Myself
    Author: [/

20. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    LOL. Have I ever told you that I love your summaries? :D

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    OH...MY....GOODNESS! :eek:

this is also really creepy. I loved that he was so diplomatic in the way he was telling Obi-Wan about how he took care of things... <shudders>

?Excellent." Obi-Wan relaxed, chuckling. "Master Je?tai was probably stricken dumb.?

Qui-Gon grinned. ?Oh yes,? he spoke. One hand steadily massaged Obi-Wan?s forehead; the other rested on the soft ground, drawing circles in it. "I believe he was quite...struck.?

"I'm in for it, now," Obi-Wan gave a mock groan. ?I imagine he will have plenty to tell me, when I meet him next,? He raised a hand and absently ruffled his padawan?s wavy tresses. Another instance of the boy?s quirks.

?That is a long time away,? Qui-Gon murmured, the hand stirring the ground stopping abruptly. ?I left him resting. Very deeply. I think he?s at peace. I believe he finally understood the...force of my arguments.?

Force of my arguments, indeed. :eek: [face_worried]

I wonder what Qui-Gon had done to the Togorian pirates that Obi-Wan had to talk to the Council about it. I can only imagine what it was - seeing that Qui seemed perfectly fine in murdering someone that wanted to harm a plant.... <double shudders>

Great job, ithesock. I loved it!

Wonderful so far, you two. More????

Edit: ithesock, you must have posted right when I did and I didn't see it til now. I love writing the summaries but am always worried that it might offend the author. Glad you enjoy them.:D

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    WOW!!! What creepy Qui vigs that have been offered thus far! Excellent job you two!!

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Two questions:

Is there a length limit to the Evil Qui challenge?:confused:

Can we turn him back to the light if we wish? :D

That is all.

24. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    [face_shocked] Whoa. That was really . . . ::shudders:: Believable.

So sad that Obi-Wan is wrong in his conviction, his affection. Yet evil Qui does a large, twisted heart, just focused on certain things. Wonder what would happen if Obi ever tried to harm a plant . . .

Very nice.

25. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Nice one! I like how the roles are reversed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.