main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Qui Gon Jinn's Force Ghost in the end of RotJ

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

So his ghost is there, I really think they should add his ghost in the end of RotJ, after Luke turned away.

It's a bit odd to see Obi Wan looks older than Qui Gon though.

2. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I doubt that they'll do it but it would be fun too see after Luke turned maybe since Luke didn't know Qui-Gon but Qui-Gon did teach them how to become force ghosts and his importance. Or go and add a scene in ROTS with Liam since he has recovered well from his accident now

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I consider the Saga as a whole but I think this kind of addition is unnecessery. I can understand the point of a younger Anakin as a force ghost but there is no need of further additions. As much as I like Qui-Gon, ROTJ and the OT isn't about this character, he doesn't belong there. If there is Qui-Gon, there must be Mace Windu as well... No, it is good as it is. No need to change anything else of this scene.

vinsanity likes this.
  4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why? It was Qui-Gon who discovered the secret, not Mace.

5. P.Sam

May 31, 2011
    Considering that Mace Windu is second after Yoda and close to him, I see no reason why Windu might not have learned this secret like Yoda and Obi-Wan did.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Qui-Gon didn't start teaching anyone till RoTS though.

When would Mace have had time to learn?

7. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm fine with the saga as is. No need to add Qui-Gon. My thinking was that Qui-Gon kept his sprit alive through the Force, but was not prepared well enough for when Maul killed him. Thus, we hear but cannot see Qui-Gon. But thanks to Yoda's teachings, Obi-Wan was able to commune with Qui-Gon and learn the secret to immortality. Thus why Yoda and Obi-Wan are seen as ghosts at the end of RotJ and Qui-Gon is not. When Anakin died, the spirits of Obi-Wan, Yoda and Qui-Gon assisted in keeping Anakin's spirit intact.

Eventually the RotS deleted scene and the Clone Wars Mortis arc pretty much confirmed this. Qui-Gon can only be seen in places where the Force is incredibly strong, like Mortis.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Qui Gon Jinn did have a form by the end of EP VI, since both Yoda and Obi Wan could help him.

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The scene where Obi-Wan's ghost offers Anakin's spirit the chance to learn how to return, appears in two novels- The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader and The Life & Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

In neither case do Yoda or Qui-Gon get mentioned as playing a part in Anakin's return.

10. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Where did this picture come from?

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    To my mind, the Force ghost scene at the end signifies that people (parents, teachers, etc.) stay with us even after we move on with our lives. Yes, that's a tacky phrasing. I don't think that Qui-Gon belongs there.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    And Qui Gon is the master of Obi Wan, mentor of Anakin.

13. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012

You obviously missed my point. Just like your teachers' teachers don't play a role in your life--they aren't "with you"--Qui-Gon didn't play a role in Luke's life.

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Who said this scene is just about Luke? It's about Jedi's return and victory, especially after he turned away.

15. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
  16. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Star Wars Galaxy 6 card set

Jarren_Lee-Saber and K'Kruhk like this.
  17. Darth Ruian

Darth Ruian Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2013
    It's a bit too late for that, now. But it's a good idea.

They could always use Ewan McGregor, kinda like how they got Hayden back for the remake of ROTJ.

18. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Hayden was put in for the 2004 DVD and he was unaware of the change. As for the reason Anakin looks young I belive it is because that's how Anakin looked when he died why should he be doomed to look like Darth Vader did? Anakin didn't age to look older he "died."
    If Qui-Gon was to be put in I'm sure there are some archive material of Liam they would use.

19. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!
    I so wish they would do that!

20. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    As much as I would like to see Qui Gon's ghost in a potential further edit to ROTJ, I doubt it will ever happen. Fan backlash was bad enough when Shaw's head was replaced by Christiansen's, as good of an idea as it is, I feel it would be somewhat unwise to add Qui Gon, especially seeing as he does not even get a mention in the OT. Imagine a fan's confusion if he or she were to watch the films for the first time in the order they were released, they would have no clue who the guy is.

21. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    +1

Not a smart move. But, I'd like to see it.

22. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    That would be perfect. Make sure you HAVE to watch the whole Saga to truly see Star Wars.

Seagoat likes this.
  23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I really hate how Lucas decided to make it that Qui-Gon was the inventor of the Force ghost "ability" and that only he, Yoda and Obi-Wan could do it...I think it makes more sense that all Force-users can manifest themselves this way and that the reason Qui-Gon and Mace Windu don't show up is simply because they've never touched Luke's life in any way.

Anyway if we're going to go with Force spirits being unique to our familiar three prequel Jedi, then the EU sort of has an explanation for why Qui-Gon wouldn't be there. In the Thrawn trilogy, Ben Kenobi's spirit tells Luke that he can no longer communicate with him because he's been dead for too long. The Thrawn trilogy takes place 9 years after ANH. ROTJ takes place 36 years after TPM, so by that time Qui-Gon has been dead for a really, really long time.

vinsanity likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Technically Qui-Gon learned it from "a Shaman of the Whills" rather than inventing it himself.

The issue of communication being impossible after a while, doesn't explain why he can communicate with Yoda & Obi-Wan 23 years after his death though.

25. P.Sam

May 31, 2011
    Around the same time than Yoda did. It might be Yoda or Qui-Gon himself who teaches him. Windu dies towards the end of ROTS so I still see no reason why he couldn't have learned it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.