main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Quotes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthDarkstar, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    "If I become president, all your wildest dreams will come true." -Pedro Sanchez, Napoleon Dynamite

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    ?I took pleasure where it pleased me, and passed on. I forgot that every little action of the common day makes or unmakes character, and that what one has done in the secret chamber, one has some day to cry aloud from the housetop. I ceased to be the lord over myself. I was no longer the captain of my soul and did not know it. I allowed pleasure to dominate me. I ended in horrible disgrace." - Oscar Wilde

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    "Lets make sure history never forgets...the name...Enterprise." Jean-Luc Picard.

"Risk IS our business. That's what this starship is all about. That's why we're aboard her." James T. Kirk

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    "Do you wish Rhett never loved Scarlett? Rick didn't have Ilsa or Harry never loved Sally? Someone once said it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Succeed or fail, we must make the attempt, it's our nature. Now if it were up to me, as it usually is, I would order this. But its not. Because Claire is right in pointing out the enormous danger potential in any relationship with a man as intelligent but fantastically flakey as Robert. But I must point out the possibilities, the potential, for true love and happiness are equally great. Risk... risk IS our business. That's what relationships are all about. That's why we're out there." - Mark, Free Enterprise

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah, Kirk said it about 30 years prior. And its supposed to be quotes, not entire scripts man. :D

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Now they see what will be, blinded eyes to see" Metallica (Pre-suck)

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Douglas Adams has alot of great quotes:

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

""I wrote an ad for Apple Computer: 'Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end."

"I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies. Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just part of the way the world works. Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

"In fact, I wanted to be John Cleese and it took some time to realise the job was in fact taken."

8. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    "Lose one friend, lose all friends, lose yourself." Eric Matthews, Boy Meets World

"Risk is good." Dade Murphy Hackers

"I think therefore I am, I destroy therefore I endure." IG-88

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    "If World War III is fought with nuclear weapons, then World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"Things are moving so fast these days that the man who says 'It cannot be done' is usually interupted by someone doing it." - Albert Einstein

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." - Stephen Hawking

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking

10. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    "Incoming fire has the right of way."

"There is always a way."

"Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous."

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."

"A "sucking chest wound" is nature's way of telling you to slow down."

"Never draw fire, it irritates everyone around you."

"Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing."

"Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself."

"Never forget that your weapon is made by the lowest bidder."

"You are not supermen. (Freshly graduated recruits from Marine boot camp and all fighter pilots, especially, take note.)"

"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid."

"The important things are always simple.
    The simple things are always hard."

"Friendly fire - isn't."

"Tracers work BOTH ways."

"The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire."

11. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    thank you guys, I have now collected 365 quotes and I can now make my calender. I got some good ones off you guys, so thank sfor the help.

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    So, do we get free calenders?

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I got one more for you, Darkstar. I just heard it last night.

"Before I became a drug addict, I had so many problems. Now I just have one - Drugs! It's given my life real focus." - Lyle, Cecil B. Demented

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.