main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    In the run-up to Sunday's MLS Cup 2005, Major League Soccer announced today that New England Revolution striker Taylor Twellman was named the league's Most Valuable Player in a vote of the media, players, and the coaches and general managers. Twellman, who scored 17 goals this season, also won the Budweiser Golden Boot award as the league's top goal scorer.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I would sign up to volunteer, sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Too bad I've got this job thing that takes up most of my time during the week :mad:.

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Not sure how many wrestling fans we have in here since it wrestling and sw might not go together. But I wanted to announce that WWE wrestler Eddie Guerro passed away yesterday morning in a hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie was a 20+ yr vet to the square circle having wrestled for ECW, WCW, and the WWE. He will truly be missed in the wrestling circuit. He was very entertaining and one helluva performer doing stuff that most won't even consider doing.

R.I.P. Eddie - Viva Latino Heat

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm a wrestling fan. Watch RAW every Monday night and occasionally catch a bit of Smackdown now and then. Also been to quite a few live events including a PPV.

I was completely shocked when I found out about Eddie this morning. He was one of my more favorite wrestlers. Aside from that angle he did with Rey Mysterio a couple of months back, his "character" has been one of the more intertaining in the WWE over the past 5 years or so.

It will be interesting to see what the WWE does for a tribute tonight during RAW. My guess is you may not see too many matches. Instead they may have the wrestlers come out ang give in-ring tributes to the man. Kind of like what they did the night after Owen Hart died.

Eddie will definitely be missed.

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    There will be a lot of tribute, but surprisingly there are a bunch of matches scheduled. They did a super show and it looks to be some interbrand match-ups for tonight and Friday.

My wife and I were kinda be side ourshelves when I read the news yesterday. We were both like no way and then when I saw more and more news on it things kinda hit home.

Anyway, back to the usual scheduled programming.

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey all!
    Just wanted to check in with the "Old Folks" and say hiya to the Padawans..seems like a lot over the past few months! Welcome aboard!

7. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Alrighty folks. Rhode Squadron is having their annual secret santa deal. Everyone is welcome to join. We will have a meet at some point in december and thats when we have the present exchange.

If you are interested please post in Secret Santa '05 thread.

Thanks!

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Boston College men's basketball team is off to a 5-0 start and was ranked #10 in the latest polls. The highlights of the young season have been come-from-behind wins in the Las Vegas Holiday Invitational tournament against Drake of the Missouri Valley Conference and Oklahoma State of the Big 12. With teams double- and triple-teaming All-American Craig Smith, the scoring load has fallen on junior small forward Jared Dudley (19.4 PPG), who was the MVP of the Holiday Invitational. A big lift off the bench has been given by freshman guard Tyrese Rice, who's been averaging 13.4 PPG and had 20-point performances in the two games in Las Vegas.

The Eagles now have a week off before resuming play against Sacred Heart @ Conte Forum on Saturday.

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Permit me to gloat here a bit. [face_laugh]

The Brockton High School Boxer football team defeated Xaverian 14-7 today to win the E. Mass Division I Superbowl, capping off an undefeated season. It is the first time in the school's history that the football team has gone 13-0 in a season. :D

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    It was announced today that the 8-3 Boston College Eagle football team, the #19 team in the country, will travel to Boise, ID on Dec. 28 to play the 9-3 Boise St. Broncos, champions of the Western Athletic Conference, in the MPC Computers Bowl. The game will be televised on ESPN with a 4:30 PM ET kickoff.

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Good to see that BC made it to a Bowl game =D=!!! They played really well this year and were only a couple of heartbreaking losses from getting an even bigger game to play in. Hopefully their season will show the rest of the college world that the Northeast, even if it's a bit smaller, is still a powerhouse in something other than hockey.

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Boston College men's basketball team, ranked #6 in both the AP and the ESPN/USA Today coaches' polls, faces a very difficult stretch this week. First, they play #14 Michigan St. in the Jimmy V. Classic at Madison Square Garden tomorrow night, then they follow that game up with the ACC opener at the Comcast Center in College Park, MD Sunday night against the Terrapins of the University of Maryland (#21 AP, #17 coaches). ESPN will have tomorrow night's game @ 9:30 PM ET, while NESN has picked up the Sunday night game @ 8:00 PM ET.

Good luck, Eagles! :D

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The BC/Michigan St. game last night was pretty much a tale of two halves. The Eagles outplayed the Spartans in the first half and were leading by a point at the break, but then MSU went on a big run to open up the second half and grabbed a 13 point lead. The Eagles, to their credit, rallied back to cut the deficit to 2, but that was as close as they would get, as they lost 77-70. The telling story was missed free throws: the Eagles missed 9 of them, 4 each by Craig Smith and Jared Dudley. Dudley led all scorers w/ 23 points.

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The BC men's basketball team lost to their second ranked opponent in five days last night, being edged by #17 Maryland 73-71. This game was more competitive than the Michigan St. game, as neither team had a lead of larger than 6 points. The Eagles had a chance to tie or win the game on the last possession, but the inbounds pass went into the backcourt and was picked up by the Terrapins' Ekene Ibekwe. Again, poor free throw shooting proved costly to the Eagles, as they made just 5 of 15 from the "charity stripe". Craig Smith led all scorers w/ 23 points.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I was a little bored yesterday so I decided to play around with PhotoShop and make up some "Boston themed" fan art. Here's what I've got so far... what do you guys think?

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/ARC_Troopers_to_Bank.jpg]

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Too bad they don't have Yahoo's "rolling on the floor laughing" smiley on this, J_O, or I would use that. Loved the caption. [face_laugh]

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/ARC_Troopers_at_Fenway.jpg]

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/ARC_on_a_Duck_Tour.jpg]

18. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Hello, long time no talk. School took over my life.

19. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Boston College football team lengthened their nation-leading 6-game bowl winning streak, while at the same time ending a 31-game home winning streak for Boise St., by winning the MPC Computers Bowl by a score of 27-21. The Eagles had a 27-0 lead in the third quarter, but had to hold off a Bronco comeback for the win. The Broncos, in fact, had a first and goal at the Eagle 5 with time running out, but a sack of Bronco quarterback Jared Zabransky by Nick Larkin on first down moved the Broncos back to the 12, and, after an incompletion on second down, Zabransky's third down pass was picked off by safety Ryan Glasper in the end zone, Glasper's second interception of the game. Offensively for the Eagles, sophomore quarterback Matt Ryan went 19/36 for 256 yards, 3 TDs, and an interception, and the receivers were led by Will Blackmon, who had 5 catches for 144 yards and a TD, and Tony Gonzalez, who had the other 2 Eagle TDs.

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Another boring day, so I made a new wallpaper. It's just the desert moon wallpaper that comes in Windows, with a couple of changes. It's still a work in progress as I'm trying to get a Krayt Dragon in there too!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/Red_moon_desert_jawas.jpg]

This one's just got a couple of speeder bikes riding along a popular road near a rather infamous landmark (not the best qualtiy but it'll do).

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/reverse_the_curse_storrow_drive_cloudy.jpg]

21. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Nice wallpapers. :)

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Well RotS won the People's Choice award last night. GL went on stage to thank the fans for their support and reiterated the fact that he does this for the fans who support him. Congrats to him =D=!

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    My son and I finished his pinewood derby car for his Cub Scout meet tomorrow. For anyone who doesn't know what the pinewood derby is it's a race where the scouts go head-to-head with cars they made out of a block of wood and 4 plastic wheels. When I asked my son what he wanted his car to look like he said something Star Wars. One thing is for sure that even if he doesn't win I bet he'll have the only car with it's own AstroMech Droid!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/DCP_1587.JPG]

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/DCP_1592.JPG]

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    By way of an update, the Boston College men's basketball team finally won their first ACC game Saturday night w/ a 90-87 nailbiter at home against the Florida St. Seminoles. The Eagles are now 12-4 and play Holy Cross tonight in Worcester's DCU Center.

25. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    BC defeated Holy Cross 63-53 the other night, but the real story of the night was Craig Smith, who became the fifth Eagle player to score 2,000 points in his career, and the third to combine that with 900 rebounds. The #21 Eagles travel to Miami to play the Hurricanes on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.