main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    hope you guys dont mind I changed your marquee to say welcome. ;) It had the march meeting still on there. figured it was time to update it LOL

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Nope, not at all. I had been meaning to send an updated one but it kept slipping my mind. Thanks!

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Just in case you guys missed the 2006 MTV Movie Awards you have got to check this video out!

Darth Barkley

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Except for the two wild cards (one from each team), the final table of the Boston vs. New York Poker Challenge is now set. Representing Boston will be Josh Blanchfield, Doug Frisoli, and Tina Cantwell, and Matt Deluxe, Jack Abramcyk, and Kristin Bruan are the New York finalists. The wild card match will air on NESN (and the YES Network if you're reading this in the New York area) this coming Sunday (following Red Sox coverage on NESN), and the final table will be in two weeks.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    For those of you interested, Comedy Channel has announced that 13 new episodes of Futurama will air in 2008. Fox also has an option on these episodes if they decide they want to air them.

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Carlos Lobato (representing Boston) and Pete "The Beat" Giordano (for New York) won the wild card seats in the Boston v. New York Poker Challenge, and will join the players mentioned in a previous post at the championship table. I had forgotten that they do a "Best of..." show prior to the final table, so the final table will air on NESN and the YES Network in two weeks.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Since the Roseanna thread is locked I figured this was just as good a place as any to drop this message into. I sent a PM to the CR in Cleveland looking for info on a charity event that they were a part of and also asked about Roseanna. He didn't have much of an update but did have this for us.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the update Mike.

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
  10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Stuck at work today and bored off my back side. While stumbling around YouTube.com I came across this. Pretty funny if you ask me. [face_laugh]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgt4iHZWvr8&search=star%20wars

11. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    That was pretty funny!

I am one of those sorry souls stuck here at work as well... not for much longer but, alas, I am here.

Thanks for sharing!

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    It came down to a Harvard vs. Columbia showdown, as Harvard grad Josh Blanchfield went heads-up against Columbia pre-med student Matt Deluxe at the final table of the Boston vs. New York Poker Challenge. Matt Deluxe wound up winning...in the final hand, Josh Blanchfield went all-in with Kc-7s and was called by Deluxe holding Ad-8s, with the board coming up 9d-5h-6h-Ah-6d. The showdown also settled the team competition, as evidenced by the order of finish (1 point for 8th place all the way up to 8 pts. + 1 bonus point, 9 total, for the individual champion):

1st: Matt Deluxe (NY)
    2nd: Josh Blanchfield (BOS)
    3rd: Tina Cantwell (BOS)
    4th: Pete Giordano (NY)
    5th: Jack Abramcyk (NY)
    6th: Carlos Lobato (BOS)
    7th: Kristin Bruan (NY)
    8th: Doug Frisoli (BOS)

An encore presentation of the series will follow in the coming weeks on NESN and the YES Network, in case you missed any of the action.

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    YouTube has got to be one of the best inventions since Al Gore invented the internet!

There's just no end to the countless video clips of people doing the some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. Plus there's plenty of clips up there that are very interesting, like when Big Papi singled home the winning run in game 4 of the 2004 ALCS, all of the fan-made mini-films, and the occasional chaos during a family gathering caught on video!

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=147833

It was bad enough that the "Big Dig" project was corrupt and wasteful. It has now killed too. :_|

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It's a real shame that the corruption not only took place but there has been little done about going after the crooks who stole all of the tax money used for this project. Not that you want to see something like this happen but maybe now we will see some heads roll over all of the waste and poor construction.

It's unfortunate that such an incredible achievement, both in engineering and in architecture, has to be scared by the criminals that tend to fester in this state thanks to the blind-eye politicians that manage to get re-elected all the time.

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    After finishing 13th in last year's World Series of Poker Main Event, Bernard Lee of Wayland busted out on Day 1B (second flight of official Day 1) in this year's Main Event. According to the CardPlayer.com Live Updates Log, it was a good beat, though, as Lee had A-5 against his opponent's pocket 9's and, though he caught a 5 on the turn, couldn't improve past that. If and when I find out who the best local player is in this tournament, I'll let everyone know.

17. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The World Series of Poker wrapped up last night, and the best Boston-area finisher in the Main Event was James Petrillo of Easton (near me :D ), who finished 128th (out of 8,773 entries) and took home $47,606. Two New Englanders finished higher than Petrillo: Benjamin Logan of Bristol, RI (87th) and Matt Woodward of Waterboro, ME (95th), both of whom took home $51,129. The new world champion is 36 year old Jamie Gold of Malibu, CA, a TV producer and former Hollywood talent agent.

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Figured I'd let my FanForce friends know that as of today, I have made command of Blue Squadron, the X-Wing sim squad I have been associated with for the last 3+ years. My signature now reflects my new status. :D

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Congrats on yet another promotion Commander =D=!!!

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Boston's WEEI 850 AM won two Marconi Awards, which are awarded by the National Association of Broadcasters for excellence in radio broadcasting, at last night's awards dinner in Dallas. The two awards were for Large Market Station of the Year and Sports Station of the Year. You can view the full list of Marconi Award winners here.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    No accounting for good taste, is there?

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not to take any attention away from SMF, but something called the 'United Fan Con' will be taking place in Springfield on November 10-12. While now SW guests are planned, there is a pretty good mix of Pop-Culture celebrities. William Shatner, Walter Koenig, Davy Jones, Peter Tork, Linda Blair. Jewel Staite (Firefly), and the 'Lone Gunmen' from the X Files are all scheduled to be there.

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I had a favorite aunt pass away Friday. Her wake was last night and the funeral this morning (I caught the start of the Pats game on the way home, but had to turn in early b/c I had to get an early start today).

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Sorry to hear about your loss Richie.

25. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey guys... just checking in. Haven't been around for a while.

Richie, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. My room mate's Grandfather isn't doing too well so, it seems the bad karma is making its rounds.

I don't have much else to report. Unfortunately, I am not going to have the $$ to make it to SMF in a couple weeks. I recently got laid off from my previous job but, I found another job a couple weeks ago. Now I am just playing catch up and it's not easy with less pay. I may, however, have a couple things to add to the baskets. I will PM one of you if I come up with anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.