main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Regional meet?/Fanforce Dinner/Gift exchange

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I posted this in the other thread but I am creating a new one for this. I think it would be fun. We seem to do alot of things over the past year with some of the area chapters. Albany,Rochester, Buffalo, even Canada.

What if we had a regional meeting between the area chapters to brain storm for events and such?
    Perhaps once a month or every other month?

Is anyone interested?

Let me know your thoughts.

This is something I am going to propse to some of the other neighboring chapters in our region as well.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'd be up for a regional meet. I was thinking maybe 4 times a year and we could alternate between Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany each time. Or something like that...

~Doc_Bev

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Sounds good to me. Do not know if I would make it to the other cities though.

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok.
    I changed the title in the threasd to reflect this new crazy idea I have .....LOL

Since everyone was geared up to come out here for the dinner/con and that fell thru. Everyone still has a big interest in getting together for some type of dinner.

Im thinking x-mas would give us plenty of time to plan and organise a nice dinner/gift exchange. One big end of the year party so to speak.

I think Syracuse should host the first one ;) LOL We could rent out the firehouse again like the St pattys parade and have a activities/food/etc.

What r everyones thoughts?

I would like to see this take off. We hardly get to see our neighboring chapters and the holidays are always a great time to get together with old friends :) (and new ones)

5. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Sounds good to me. The fire station was a great location.

6. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea.

7. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, the fire station was actually a pretty good spot. I'm all for it.

E1PPMX2

8. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    i brought this up at the st. pattys day thing at the fire house that my dad is a fireman their and we could possibuly get a discount on the price for renting the place. i know that if its a family event we get dicounts because my dad works their but im not shure about this, but we might be abule to becuase im in it so ill cheack it out and let you guys know.

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    That would be great thanks!

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    With the hgolidays upon us I wanted to up this thread and see who can actually participate in this Dec 4th/5th is only 4 short weeks away........

Is this still a go?

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We're still willing to come over!
    We're more free on the 4th, but we could also do the 5th if it's in the evening as we have a toy show in the morning/afternoon.

~Doc_Bev

12. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    4th or 5th? Sounds good. Just let me know which one.

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I vote on the 4th. The 5th is to busy. We should start discussing who wants to bring what to eat and what kind of numbers we are looking at so far. I may be able to provide some kind of main dish if I can make it in my moms crock pot and be able to transport it in who's ever car I get a ride in. Also if I can get there early enough for it to heat up. Maybe beef BBQ or possibly Chili. If not then my Taco dip and I will make sure someone brings chips, if not myself, this time. As for the gift exchange what are the guidelines going to be, price range? Star Wars related only?

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I dont think it should be SW related I think it can be anything. We should probably cap it at 10.00 ??

if anyone wants to go over that cap its a personal choice.

I think Chili sounds great Jeff.

I am going to call the firestation today and confirm we can get it for that date. Anytime we are shooting for in particular?

15. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I would really be up for this.....if I can get a certain Syracuse member to come down and pick me up! (makes puppy eyes) ;)

16. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    I'll come up for this one. You know you all wanna see me!

-K

17. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I will not be able to attend. December is very busy at the club and no one will be having any time off apart from xmas day. I will be working 7 days a week for the whole month.

Sorry guys.

18. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I probably won't be able to make it either. I'm supposed to take a civil service test on that Saturday, but we'll see what happens.

19. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    7 days a week? Ouch!!!! I can not complain about my 2 jobs anymore. Hope you can make it Hothgirl. Wont be the same without you 2. Oh well. Works more important unfortunately.
    So is it going to be the 4th then. We need to make it official soon. I am not sure how long we want to be there. I am thinking maybe start at 3 or so. Eat sometime about 4 or 5 end at 7 maybe. 4 hours maybe? Not sure if that's to late or to early. We need a couple hours to get there I guess. I will post on our Board and see what everyone says.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    How did it go with the firestation? Did they still have Dec 4th free?

~Doc_Bev

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    no the 4th isnt free. They r having some big event there that weekend. The only dates that are open is the 19th of dec.

does that work for anyone?

22. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Ehm, fine by me.

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think we'll still be in NYC that day if we go down for the NER night out.

~Doc_Bev

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, then does anyone want to toss out some possible dates? :)

25. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Hmmmm...I already booked Dec 3rd and 4th off to come down for this. I doubt I could ever get another weekend off now, that close to Christmas. Does it have to be at the Firehall? I'd really like to participate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.