main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Reid Park Zoo Howl-O-Ween 2007!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Jun 6, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, this is happeneing! I contacted Jed Dodds the Education Director II who I thoroughly scared by contacting him this early! He had to double check what month he was in! Anyways:

Dates: October 26th, 27th, 28th (a Friday-Sunday)

Time: When the sun goes down (specific time pending)

Location within the zoo: Same as last year, by the Pola Bear Enclosure, this is great becuase it is close to the back gate, parking, and our changing location is pending since they condemned the trailer last year, probably the restrooms by our area.

Backdrop: From Jed: "We would love to have you and your crew come again for the event. So it is up to you what you want to do as far as backdrops and or props, it is still a little
    early but I am going to assume that we will put you guys in the same spot. So
    you know how much room you had last year and that will probably be the same this
    year. "

Areas of concern:
    Weapons! Anything that looks remotley real cannot be held or displayed, and of course pointed. She said props and weapons that are obviosly fantasy based like lightsabers are fine, but nothing that looks like a gun, or blaster, and Jango's blasters. Any weapons that are questionable must be preapproved.

This is THE BIGGEST event of the year because over 7000 people or more will see us, see our banners, get cards, and some will want to join.

Yes this is a costuemd event becuase it is Haloween based, BUT THIS IS A FAN FORCE EVENT. We need non-cotumed Fan Force Members to get the point across that we are promoting the FAN CLUB, and are not stricly costumed based. Plus there are so many peple we really need non-helmeted wranglers, picture takers, candy distributors etc. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. This event will not succeed without the non-costumers.
    The only thing I ask if the one unifying theme of T-shirts.

2. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Since I missed last year, I am going to be there. I'll be wearing Revan one night for sure, and I'll go Jedi one night to help out with wrangling, candy, or whatever is needed.

3. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Lots of time for plnning yes this is good. So new backdrop designs need designed so we can build and plety of time for those that need and or want to get time off from work!

Thank you sooo much Dustin!

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I still hav the mini backdrop we used for the light parade, that is already a starfirled, and has the websight painted on the bottom. I could modify it intot he promotion board with pics from our events etc, or somethig else.

5. akala_kenobi

akala_kenobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2007
    i would love to help out as a non-costumed member but i don't have a shirt yet

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Welcome akala_kenobi

Any Star Wars shirt will do, the zoo event is not for another 5 months, pleanty of time to get Tucson Fan Force shirt. We might even ahve to make another run of them, your not the first person to ask about them.

7. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    That is a great idea Hal. I happen to know a certain someone who would like a few shirts.

8. akala_kenobi

akala_kenobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2007
    cool i have a lot of shirts to choose from then.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    we'd definetly love to have you, even though this is a halloween event this event focuses on businesses and clubs around Tucson that set up space and displays to mbasically meet the public, so its our best "recruiting" opportunity, and just a blast when kids and parents see us!

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    So once again, only Jedi and Sith can have weapons. Well, I'll bring a secret weapon that none of you can defeat. Wookiee odor!

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    yeah but do you have to bring it AEVERY event?!? [face_devil]

Anyone have backdrop/set proposals?

12. PikeKrzoick

PikeKrzoick Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    Hey There!

It's still a little far away to know my work schedule, but I'd sure like to join you guys again this year if you have room for another Stormtrooper.

But now that I think about it, somebody in the group must know my schedule before me, because EVERY monthly meeting gets put on a day or time that I can't attend.

..very funny...whoever you are! Anyway, I'll be watching.

13. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Heck yeah, the more the merrier!

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    If you can come please do, it's always a total blast!

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Please start posting display ideas, and your suggestions for a planning meeting date.

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Other than making another wood based backdrop, what about a painted canvas one we can hang?

17. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I suggest a planning meeting on a friday eveing the first one in august.....

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Here's my idea

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Random%20TFF%20Pictures/Backdropidea1.jpg]

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Nice idea but seems awfully elaborate

20. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

So, are we having a "planning" meeting for the Howl-o-ween event this Friday/weekend or not? We've only got less than three months to plan and execute any and all ideas for this event.

Dustin, I'm confused as to what you are planning to project on the screen in your design. Don't forget we will have to take home the projector every night, and remember that last year on Saturday it RAINED.

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I know already I can't make it Friday night, I work Saturday but daytime so I should be good on the rest of weekeknd.

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    If a meeting was set for this weekdn I didnt knwo abut it, but van make it saturday if we wnt to have an informal get together to brainstorm somewhere.

I would hook up my portable dvd player to the projector and play last years video I made. It is really not that elaborate since we alreayd have three starfield backdrops, wed jsut need one more and then hang something to project onto between them.

23. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    We have an unconfirmed Minis event Saturday night at Chris' place, so you guys could come along and do it then...

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    time?

25. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    whenever I will be home all day unless i am at the dump........