main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Return of the Jedi (YJK AU, Z/J) ~ COMPLETED! Sequel Link up 01/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Angel_Jaid

Angel_Jaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *runs in circles* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

HELP!!!

SHE'S TORTUREING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIMMIE CitR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THA ART TORMENTING ME!!!!!!!!!11

2. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Wow... TJF, first of all, that was an AMAZING ending. A perfect epilogue to a perfect story... :) Checkmate, Onyx has got to be one of my favorite lines in this.

Second of all, I am SO SO SO sorry I missed it!!! And your birthday!! Happy belated birthday!! :_| :_| :_|

Third of all, 06: Male OC/RC Corps. Oh, and the conversion. it's been a wild ride... It has indeed. This story, probably more so than any other on the boards, made me the 06 that I am. ;) It's where I got converted, where I met Mel and KS, where I started the Male OC/RC Corps, where I got inducted into the TJF Goddess cult, and where I started my long descent into a true fanficcer from my previous proficcer stage. I just wanted to say thank you, TJF. Without you, I have no idea where I'd be. :)

Fourth of all, this has got to be my favorite story of all time. You nailed all of their characterizations so perfectly they came to life. Jaina, Onyx, and Sanar, not to mention Zekk and Kyp, all of them were amazing. My goal for Winter Break is to go back through and reread the entire thing, start to finish, with dips into side conversations along the way. It's gonna be great... :p :D And I promise I'll fill out the survey once I refresh my memory. I can answer one of those questions right now, though. Guess which one... :p

12. Who would you like to see show up in "Caught In the Rain" (feel free to hand in a long list ;))
    Note: OC's from my other fics - such as Tiran Lee-droy, Garik Klamath, Aarylia, members of the Klis family - are definitely on the options list ;)

RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Surprised? :p

Lastly, the sequel looks amazing, and the trailer gave me goosebumps. It's going to be one hell of a ride, and I promise I'll be there every step of the way. :) I wouldn't miss it for the world.

3. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

:eek:

Angel_Jaid stole the words right out of my mouth!
    How could you do this, TJF??? :_| :_| Thanks! ;)
    No way...

now I really need CitR!
    -gave me goosebumps, too! In all sincerity, I swear!

One word: TORMENT!!! :(
    Two words: MORE SOON!!!!! {emphasis on SOON [face=pleading]}
    Three words: AH! AH! AH!

~*~*~

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Reads spoilers-that-aren't-really-spoilers

[face_plain] [face_shocked]

I need Caught in the Rain. Oh, yes. I need it.

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Jaid: SHE'S TORTUREING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're the one to talk :p

GIMMIE CitR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not yet [face_devil] maybe in the feburary....after exams i might feel like celebrating, after all :D [face_mischief]

06: welcome back :) aGAIN 8-}

[face_blush] [voice_shy]thanks 06...[/voice]

This story, probably more so than any other on the boards, made me the 06 that I am. It's where I got converted, where I met Mel and KS, where I started the Male OC/RC Corps, where I got inducted into the TJF Goddess cult, and where I started my long descent into a true fanficcer from my previous proficcer stage. I just wanted to say thank you, TJF. Without you, I have no idea where I'd be.

yay :D i made a difference! *does a little dance*

My goal for Winter Break is to go back through and reread the entire thing, start to finish, with dips into side conversations along the way.

:cool: but i was actually considering reposting it, since i play on some smaller details in the sequel....not to mention that the obvious transformation sanar's character underwent is annoying me :p

RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK RIK!!!!!!

Surprised?

not really 8-}

JR: How could you do this, TJF???

hm....pretty easily. i was inspired while brushing my teeth. i typed. i copy/pasted and posted [face_mischief]

Two words: MORE SOON!!!!!

i'm thinking that i'll start it up in february...but don't hold me to that. we'll see how my muse is feeling; sept/oct/nov/dec are her best times. summer is the vignette/new fics time. the spring time is, uh....well, yeah.

Striker: *halo*

~TJF

6. Jaina_Rocks160

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

i'm thinking that i'll start it up in february...but don't hold me to that.

Oh...I'll more than just hold you to that, TJF!!! [face_mischief]

p.s. Sorry to hear that you have such an unpredictable muse--must be hard :( :p

~*~*~

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    maybe in the feburary....

BUT BY THEN I'LL BE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :_| :( :_| :( :_| :( :_| :( :_| :( :_| :( :_| :( :_| :( :_| :(

And then I won't be back till... *sniff*.... end of..... *sob*...... may...... :_|

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    BUT BY THEN I'LL BE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what??????? when were you going to tell me this???????? why???!!!!!!! :( :_| :_|

And then I won't be back till... *sniff*.... end of..... *sob*...... may......

but....everyone's disappearing :_| are you just gone from JC, or the internet in its entirety? :(

------------

okay, on a happier note (*still sniffling a little from Jaid's news*) RotJ has been nominated for "Best Novel" and "Best Overall Story of the Winter" (what's the difference between the two, btw, other than the cutoff date? ?[face_plain]). to add to my happiness (or, rather, to sanar's triumph :p) Sanar has been nominated for "Best Original Character in Leading Role", and I managed to get into the "Best Author" category. Thanks soooo much for the noms, guys! :D [face_blush]

which leads me to a little problem :p i'm horribly indecisive and while i managed to get one of the exerts picked, i'm torn between the other ones...so i'm leaving it up to you (pleading_face).

here's the ones i'm twiddling my thumbs over, but let me know if you think of a better one :D

"Return of the Jedi" for Best Novel:

"Best Novel" Exerts:

Sanar watched, frozen, as Solo's body - almost identical to her own, but younger - lost all strength, and the Jedi's head lolled back in death. Desperate and unwilling to see someone so young - younger even than Clayra - die, Sanar reached out and grabbed Jaina's fading soul, and held on for all her worth.

It wouldn't last long, she knew, especially since the body had willed itself to die (kriffing heroes - always have to sacrifice everything to make sure it'll work!) but maybe? She stole Solo's limp body from Zekk's unresisting, stunned arms and held it close, shutting her eyes, the soul-deep exhaustion coming upon her already.

I need your help, Solo. Grab on, and keep holding on. Please?if you go, I go. It's that simple - and I'm not a hero, Solo; I am not dying for you!

Sanar took a deep breath, and began to form a bond with the Jedi.

~*~*~

Zekk blinked at Jaina's lifeless form in shock and grief. Nononononono? She couldn't be dead, not after everything? It would be cruel of the Force to steal her just when he escaped - just when they were so close?

He was barely aware of someone taking Jaina's - corpse - from him. He didn't resist. Though he wanted to hold her forever, he knew it didn't matter now. Nothing did. It doesn't matter anymore. For the first time since his parents' deaths, Zekk wanted to literally run away and lock himself up in his room and find some way to forget.

You've run too much already, Zekk.

His hand dropped and clunked on a metal cylinder. His tear-filled eyes found Onyx's lightsaber. For a moment, he only stared, unable to believe that such a small thing could have destroyed so much.

For power, Zekk had turned his back on the Solo twins' friendship and beliefs, Peckhum's respect, control over his own existence, and, now and worst of all, Jaina's life.

But it can fix just as much, he thought savagely, as if his words could will it to be so. He grabbed and ignited the blade, just as Brakiss came back for more. Sanar started at the snap-hiss, but slumped back over Jaina's form just as quickly. Zekk ignored her.

It was time to return Brakiss' treatment of his Darkest Knight's naïve trust.

~*~*~

Sanar thought of transferring the bond to Onyx - or whoever he had transformed into - but the briefest mind touch opened her to a raw, savage grief and hatred that the on-again-off-again seer knew Solo wouldn't survive.

So she lived with Solo's troubles.

Sanar could have let go - should have, even, considering how quickly her strength was waning - but instead she anchored Solo's life force to her own, and opened her mind, taking Solo deeper and deeper - the girl's only hope of survival.

As she saw everything Solo had lived, fought and died for, she knew Solo could see the same for her

9. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| Yes, Mel's leaving... and she won't have any connection AT ALL to the internet... and she'll only be able to email someone she knows in RL... :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Anyways... Congrats on all the noms, TJF!! :D Hmmmm... I liked the scond excerpt for the first one and the first excerpt for the second one... And... I think you should send in one of your angsty vigs or something for Best Author. :D

Hohum... Rikkity-Rik-Rik-Rik... [face_love] [face_love] :D :p

10. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Best Novel

Option Two

Sanar for OC

Option Two

Best Author

USE "HELPLESS" GODDESS!! USE THE MOST WONDERFULEST FIC EVER!!! USE IT!! :D

what??????? when were you going to tell me this???????? why???!!!!!!!

*sniff*

I thought you knew... :( Jo's known since, well, forever.... I try not to think/talk about it much....

I won't be able to get to anything on the internet!!!! :_| I have like 4 people I'll be able to e-mail once a week and that's it...

And no one from the JC is on the stupid thing!! :_|

They're all the people mom and dad have "reviewed" and found "worthy".... *mutters furiously*

Anyways... I'll be... *sob*.... STUCK.... In a stupid third world country incapable of carrying an internet connection for more then three minutes without dieing on you!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

*collapses crying*

11. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    awwwwww... *hugs Mel*

*gives her a large supply of chocolate-covered Zekkies*

12. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

*sniff* :( *huggies Fishy-beta( :p)*

Thank'ee.... *packs her chocolate covered Zekkie's away and rations herself so they'll last*

I hate traveling..... :( *decided now is an important time and pulls one out and procedes to nibble on the chocolate* [face_love]....

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    06: Yes, Mel's leaving... and she won't have any connection AT ALL to the internet... and she'll only be able to email someone she knows in RL...

*completely and passionately hates how she always seems to miss gossip, etc* :_|

And... I think you should send in one of your angsty vigs or something for Best Author.

surprisingly, there aren't that many...but there are enough to bring confusion :p which one should i use? SoaC? OoB? Childhood Monster was fun to write, but i'm not sure if that's exactly angsty...just sanar hating the air "durron" breathes, and then coming to an odd epiphany at the end :p...

Jaid: USE "HELPLESS" GODDESS!! USE THE MOST WONDERFULEST FIC EVER!!! USE IT!!

you know, i'm still a little dazed by how well that did... *shakes head* Helpless is kinda long though, Jaid...

I thought you knew...

sad fact i've my existance: i NEVER know. really. my best friend was dating some guy, and i only found after oh...say...a month or two, when everyone in the school other than me knew [face_plain]

Jo's known since, well, forever.... I try not to think/talk about it much....

i didn't hear anything about it...you probably told her on AIM, didn't you? :(

I won't be able to get to anything on the internet!!!!

:eek: :eek: :_|

*tries to console Jaid*

~TJF

14. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

you probably told her on AIM, didn't you?

PM... :(

I DON'T WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!

:_| :_| :_|

-~-**starting to break down... must attempt at humor... :_|**-~-

Sanar: GEEZ!! It's not like Jaid'll die!!

Jo: How do *YOU* know??? :_|

Sanar: *rolls eyes*

Zekkie: She's got a point Sanar... We don't know... *sniff* :(

Kyp: *throws himself at Jaid's feet melodramatically* Oh do not depart Sweet Lady!! We will *DIE* if you go-OUCH!!!

Sanar: *steps on the back of Durron's knee* Get off the floor you fool!!

ALMIGHTY-OMIPOTENT-AUTHOR: *slaps Sanar* Behave! You'll have to marry Kyp!!

Sanar: HELP!!!

Kyp: MWHAHAHAH!! I WILL RULE THE WORLD!! MWAHAHAH!! I WILL RULE!!!

Sanar: eh'?? o_______O;;

Kyp: You're the Queen of the World - so if I marry you, I can take over the world and knock you out of power... *cackles*

ALMIGHTY-OMINPOTENT-AUTHOR: *slaps Kyp* Stop that!! That's TJF's job! Bad boy!!

Kyp: *holds cheek in one hand* OWIE!!! *runs to KS* Mommy!!! the Author hit me!! :_|

KS: Aww you big baby... *gives him a lolly pop*

Kyp: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Sanar: *rolls eyes* How pathetic...

Ghosty Jacen: Where's Tenel Ka?? I want kisses!!

Jaina: You're dead. [face_plain]

Ghosty Jacen: So??? I'll jut take over your body.

Jaina: O.O HELL NO!!!! *hides behind Zekkie*

Zekkie: *strikes heroic pose* I shall defend you Jaina-OW!!

Mara Jade: *smacks him* No one is takeing over Jaina's body - that'd be the dust bunnies. They now rule the body of the one formerly known as Jaina!! MWAHAHAHA!! ALL HAIL THE DUST BUNNIES!!!

Everyone else: .................................

-~-**end of pathetic attempt at humor**-~-

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Jaid's leaving? Damn, that stinks! :( :_|

Best novel would be excerpt one.
    Best OC would be excerpt one as well.
    And I agree, use Helpless.

Goes over to ghostly Jacen Dude, take over my body. That way we'll both get kisses from Tenel Ka!

16. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    urgh my parents grounded me for four days! WWWWAAAAAHHHHHH everyone is leaving! I feel distraught!!!!! and it's almost time for Christmas! but poo for me school doesnt get out til the 23rd *grumbles about stupid board of education* take away my vacation time. hmpf.

17. Jaina_Rocks160

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

Sorry I haven't gotten to the clips sooner!!! [face_blush]

I like the first clip for Best Novel, and
    the second clip for Best Original Character in a Leading Role. :D
    {btw, that clip made me feel really angry at the male gender! 'Women should be helpless and frail and serve the men'--urgh! The nerve! :mad: }
    I have no real clue what you should do for Best Author {I nominated you for that!!! :D }, but angst would be the best idea- you are real good at it!

Agent_Jaid- You're leaving until May?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Third world country? :p No internet? :eek: Oh my...
    {Funny little story thing-a-mabob you created there! :p ;) }

SpikeLead- You get out the 23rd? Hmmm...so do I! :D

Ha, ha, I had this funny experience today! It is my friend's {I'll call her 'Ab' for code ;) } birthday tomorrow, and my other friend {'Jo'} and I were heading to the office to ask them to announce it over the pa system and surprise her. Well, waddya know, Ab was at the office!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Ab knew exactly what we were trying to do, and I had to steer her out of the room while she was shouting, "No! Don't announce it!!!"!!!!!! [face_laugh] It was wicked funny, for me and Jo. And I gave her presents and stuff. She eventually thanked me and Jo for being so thoughtful.

Sorry, a little personal ramble there...
    I just can't get that image out of my head- it was hilarious!!! [face_laugh]

:D [face_blush]

So, anyway.
    Congrats on all the noms, TJF! ;)
    You earned them!

~*~*~

18. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jaid: PM...

well, that's why i wouldn't know :(

Sanar: GEEZ!! It's not like Jaid'll die!!

Jo: How do *YOU* know???

sanar = seer. c'mon, the strings tell her these things...

Sanar: *steps on the back of Durron's knee* Get off the floor you fool!!

ALMIGHTY-OMIPOTENT-AUTHOR: *slaps Sanar* Behave! You'll have to marry Kyp!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Kyp: You're the Queen of the World - so if I marry you, I can take over the world and knock you out of power... *cackles*

only you or Kyp would call Sanar "Queen of the World" :p

Jaid.... [face_laugh] you're something else :p

hm...i should do one of those sometimes :D [face_mischief]

Striker: Goes over to ghostly Jacen Dude, take over my body. That way we'll both get kisses from Tenel Ka!

[face_laugh]

SpikeLead: aw...too bad :( but that means you return later in january, right?

Jaina_Rocks: {btw, that clip made me feel really angry at the male gender! 'Women should be helpless and frail and serve the men'--urgh! The nerve!}

yes, i know...writing about sanar's planet has really made me appreciate equal rights [face_plain]

angst would be the best idea- you are real good at it!

well, okay, but i write so much of it, it's kinda hard to pick... :(

thanks! :)

~TJF

19. SpikeLeadJF

Oct 12, 2003
    no i go back to school on the third!!!!! :_| NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! gosh i wish i could play hookie.....

20. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    surprisingly, there aren't that many...but there are enough to bring confusion which one should i use? SoaC? OoB?

Hmmmmmm... *goes back to review Goddess-work* Ummmm... I'll get back to you on that one. :p

TJF, you should get AIM!!!!!!! You should, you should, you should!! (Even though you're in Canada... :p) y2 did!

Mel: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great! Hehe... I liked this part best:

Kyp: *holds cheek in one hand* OWIE!!! *runs to KS* Mommy!!! the Author hit me!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*hugs her betaee* Your efforts are *not* pathetic, either... :D

21. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

nice teasers, i have the feeling the sequel will be one wild ride, like the first one. ;)

22. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    SpikeLead: :eek: aw....rats, that sucks :(

06: Hmmmmmm... *goes back to review Goddess-work* Ummmm... I'll get back to you on that one.

you do that :p :D

Rose: lol, you have no idea... :p [face_mischief]

~TJF

23. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

*pokes story up*

:D

24. SpikeLeadJF

Oct 12, 2003
    urgh i'm feeling pretty icky today. i have a fever of 100.5 very bad. and this is the night i'm supposed to see Lord of the Rings the Return of the King! although I might be better by then.... i hope so!!!!

25. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    You had better start that story soon after giving us a cliffie like that teaser!!!!

Shay ^_^