main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Return of the King - LOTR Marathon DEC 16

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    especially when its being hosted by the Rock 105.9

That is just too funny, considering what all the FanForce went through back in May 2002. [face_laugh]

2. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Thank you for the well wishes, Scott; it really meant a lot to me and it means more to hear it from your peers than just from your family and coworkers. :D

Well I wonder what all went down with the Rock's contest. I listened at 6 and it sounded as if they weren't even starting untill 7 and they said they would be there until 8. I guess they figured frostbite would be enough to determine the overall winner. Anyways, the cut over to the Drake & Zeke show at 7 so I don't know if they ever did updates from their contest. The movie passes (& sword prop) would have been sweet, but I don't think I could handle going to Rivergate every week for free movies. Last time I went to that area the 2 Mike's and I were going to the planning meeting for Horrorfest and we were stuck in standstill traffic for over an hour and Toymaster was afraid his truck was going to run out of fuel.

Happy Birthday Scott!! More your luck with women be much better than my own.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    When I went to get movie tickets yesterday, I asked the girl at the ticket booth if she knew what kind of momento those who were attending trilogy tuesday would be getting. Her response was basically, "I don't know about a momento, but I know that y'all are getting food." COOL! :D Now, I don't want to say that we are 100% certain to get food as this is the same ditsy girl who asked if I was 18 or not, BUT, it sound promising. I just wonder if its like an airline meal or if its free popcorn & a soda. I'm bringing extra money just in case we have to run to Baja Fresh or Subway.

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Saves me the trouble of trying to sneak a bucket of fried chicken into the theater under my jacket. ;)

5. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Or a large Pizza! [face_laugh] Do you think we could get Papa Johns or Pie in the Sky to deliver to the theater? :p

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    //dials on cell phone

Yeah, I'd like a large supreme pizza delivered to the Thoroughbred 20. I'll be in Theater 6. I'll stand up, shout, and wave when I see you. What? I can't hear you... the battle for Minas Tirith is going on right now...

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Of course you know that, all we would have to do to get that pizza in is offer the ticket boy a slice. However, I'm sure our neighboring movie patrons would be wondering what that smell is and then grumbling when they find out (only because they didn't get any or think of it first). ;) If we don't get food, then I'm up for trying! [face_devil]

A plan is forming: I could actually go pick it up at Papa Johns and then enter the side door as one of you stand waiting for me. Technically I'm not sneaking in as I will already have a ticket stub.

BUT, I suppose pizza is not worth getting kicked out for especially when we paid $35 to see these movies.

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    It's a better plan for, say... Scooby-Doo 2. It's also better to try it at the Hollywood 27 in case of a lifetime ban. No loss.

9. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I would just like to say...."You guys suck!" In a nice way of course. They just built a new theater here in Clarksville with about 16 screens and they will not be showing the extended versions of LOTR here at all. I wanted to see the Alien movie here but the manager said they did not get it because of the "demographics" for the area. Good news I just got my ticket for the midnight showing here along with one for my mom who is visiting (she loves the ring movies) The sound system in this theater rocks, it's the best one in the region.

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Scott, Dylan: See you guys tomorrow! Scott just give me a call at my house (I can PM you the # if you need it again) to report on what you find out during your recon. Otherwise I'll probably leave Antioch around 12 or 12:30. Dylan, I'm bringing you cash for tomorrow, though I may need to buy concessions to get that 5 spot. Do we know how much of a break is in-between films? I'll probably wear cargo pants and stick PB crackers in the cargos for energy. The closest food is likely the McDonald's next door. Well, until then!

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    There is also Subway, Baja Fresh & Bread & Company immediately nearby. AND Papa Johns is right across the parking lot! Anyway, I'll give you a hollar sometime this morning and let you know what the status is. I think we may have at least 1/2 hour between showings. PLUS, you know we will most likely have about 20 minutes of ads in previews. I would hope with the extra money we paid for these tickets that the movies would be advertisement free, but I think we all know that THATS not going to happen. I will have to run home between shows & let my dog out too (since I only live 5 minutes away). I can't in good conscience leave her home by herself ALL DAY (while she is crossing her legs trying to hold it). I try to be a good Dad. :)

12. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Return Of The King....magnificent...The Lord of the Rings trilogy will go down in history as some of the greatest films ever made. Star Wars will always hold a special part of my heart and childhood, but now I have The Lord Of The Rings.
    It was nice to see the final chapter with my Mom and Friend Michael.

Hope everyone enjoyed the funfilled night and morning.

13. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Wouldn't have missed it for anything. It was awesome (YAWN!). Now to get a good nights rest.

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well for those who wondered about the surprise we received at the end of "Trilogy Tuesday" here's a link to the Sideshow-WETA exclusive:

filmframe

It's really cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.