main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Revenge of the Sith Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vadermaul07

vadermaul07 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    I was rather disappointed 3 years ago. I saw a couple of tents pitched on the west side of Edwards in Boise. I was amazed at how dedicated people were. So I went down to Hastings and bought 2 Attack of the Clones novels to bring down there to give to these die hard fans camping out....Yes, you guessed it, there were just tents sitting there with nobody inside of them. I tried for another two days to give them to these so called FANS.....time and time again, nobody was ever there. So I was a little bit upset that these people pitching the tents were nothing more than sellouts. Not really camping out, just pitching tents and leaving....That really sucks!

2. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i so want to be camping with you guys-- you know i will be out there with you in spirit.
    and hey and i've already spent some time in that wicked tent of tours-- well 15 min or so--- but it was a great 15 min!!!

do you want me to send some cookies for the campout?

3. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I was rather disappointed 3 years ago. I saw a couple of tents pitched on the west side of Edwards in Boise. I was amazed at how dedicated people were. So I went down to Hastings and bought 2 Attack of the Clones novels to bring down there to give to these die hard fans camping out....Yes, you guessed it, there were just tents sitting there with nobody inside of them. I tried for another two days to give them to these so called FANS.....time and time again, nobody was ever there. So I was a little bit upset that these people pitching the tents were nothing more than sellouts. Not really camping out, just pitching tents and leaving....That really sucks!

Boy do I feel sheepish! Actually, that was my tent along with our club secretary Cmdr Williard! We kept locking them and leaving at night because no one else was showing up. Not to mention we camped out so freaking early last time. I appreciate the gesture of the books. I'm sorry we weren't there to collect them. But believe me, we are true FANS in every sense of the word. I wanted to pitch tents to get some excitement going again. We stayed in our tents almost the entire time they were pitched. I guess you kept catching us while we were gone.
    I made local and national news since I started (sort of) on the 1st of April. It was a blast, although it didn't replace the fun and excitement of 99 at all. But believe me, this campout will be much different this year. Our entire club is making its appearance and we'll mostly all be there the entire time. Some nights only a couple of us will be there, and other nights all of us. By the 14th we'll have TV's, X-box's and all kinds of entertainment. We'll be showing ESB outside our tent on the 14th for its 25th anniversary. If you've been to Edwards you've seen the 60" LCD display. That went up because of our club and my working at Best Buy.
    I'm sorry you thought we were sellouts. That certainly wasn't our intent. We were just so darn excited for AOTC we pitched super early. Even though we cheated it a bit, don't expect that this time around again. We have full media coverage and expect a good turnout. I'm not sure we'll see many tents, but I know people will be lining up outside the theatres in record numbers as usual. We're trying to get more people to camp for the shear fun of it. Be looking for our 10 man tent to be pitched soon...

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Cookies? You bet we want cookies!

5. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    wish I could camp out with yall
    sadly since I don't have vacation time saved up yet I'll only be hangin out with yall on my weekends

6. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    thats great at least you will be there glad to hear it.

7. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    of course I will

You think I'd miss it intentially?
    lol

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    13 days left!!!!

9. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    A friend who subscribes to Time Magazine gave me her copy today...For Heaven's sakes if your staying spoiler free DO NOT READ THE REVIEW. The grand-daddy of all spoilers is in there. They loved the movie, but gave way to much away...Damn!!!!

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003

THERE IS NO MORE NEXT TIME FOR CAMPING OUT FOR STAR WARS...THIS IS IT!!!!

11. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    cookies, you will have--

i will send them to Kasey-- ok?
    i better get started baking....

12. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Those cookies sound real good, i could go for some of those right about now!!

13. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    If I asked my boss to send some sandwiches over to you guys would that be okay.

14. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hmmmm....YOU BET!

15. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    two new tv spots, the best yet IMO:

Seduction:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/seduction.html

To Protect you:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/protect.html

16. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    11 days left

17. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    10 days, 23 hours, 19min, 40sec

18. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    Ok boys, the cookies are done, i also made brownies to send you.. you guys should be stocked on homemade baked goods now!

Kasey they will be in the mail tomorrow, and i'll send them priority, so please look for it-- it'll be a moderate sized box b/c there's a lot of them-- and i'm sending some other things...

let me know when you get it :)

miss you all!!!

19. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Kasey: "Lines and Star Wars go together like eggs and bacon, omelets and cheese, <B>death and taxes</B>..."

wow, thanks for that. Glad I have neither at the moment.

Anywho, totally excited--one week from today I can be in line for Star Wars. Totally true you can NEVER do this again for Star Wars, and there's really no other movie I'll ever want to camp out for. It's fun to get caught up in the hype. I bought Apple Jacks so I could have a light-up lightsaber spoon.

20. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    9 days (single digits boys and girls) left!!!

21. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm.....having....difficulty seeing....typing.....to excited.....

22. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JEDIS, AND SITHS, AND DROIDS OH MY!
    JEDIS, AND SITHS, AND DROIDS OH MY!

OK OK....I NEED TO BREATH IN A PAPER BAG.

23. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    you may need to do more than that, my friend.

24. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    7 days!!! One Long week!!! How will we make it???

25. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    6 Days, less than a week, to weak to ty........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.