main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Revolution Is My Game: The Nintendo Wii Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 17, 2006.

1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yes, awesome news! Better late than never, you'd think Nintendo of America would've released it sooner, especially since the UK version is already in English with English voice actors, but still, glad there will be at least one more definite great game on the Wii. Although some other sites there's speculation that Nintendo has seen there isn't quite that much of a hardcore crowd for some games, so they were waiting for the European sales, but at least they're finally releasing it. I often buy from Gamestop so no problem for me, but I thought I read somewhere you could order from the Nintendo website itself too. It'd be nice if those other two games were localized too, but even Xenoblade seemed like a longshot, even after it was localized in English in Europe, and was so good that many American game sites reviewed it and gave it great scores. Looking forward to the game in April.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just started Xenoblade Chronicles, having bagged it for £9.98 in a sale when only 2 days before I saw it a shop going for £39.99.

Graphics are very good indeed for the Wii, but don't expect it to match Ps3/XBox. Where it levels out against bigger, stronger consoles is in the design and structure. I'm only in the first area but the town is large, multiple areas around it to look at and various enemies of varying strengths. One tip: When it tells you unique enemies are much stronger, believe it!#

Battle system is quite straight forward right now, suspect it'll deepen, healing is a bit tricky but everything else is pretty good.

In a way it's gloriously retro while being damn smart, most of the old techniques used on JRPGs apply here but the whole thing has a new coat of paint as it were. There's a definite Final Fantasy influence too but that's no bad thing.

I'd suggest not hanging around to get this, it's the sort of niche game that could easily disappear and go for sky-high prices online.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, America is getting at least two more awesome games for the Wii- Last Story has been confirmed for US release this summer thanks to XSeed, and Xenoblade is coming out April 6, so, yay! Glad they're not just leaving the fans in suspense for months like they did with Xenoblade. Now just have to remember to go and pre-order that other game as soon as it is in the system.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1219199p1.html

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I have racked up 80+ hours on Xenoblade and still not finished it, it has its flaws, but overall the game is very, very good. It will offer you imagery like nothing you've quite seen before.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    After years of shelving Punch-Out (Wii) when I couldn't beat Mr. Sandman, I finally did it. My friend just bought the game for the first time and he's been talking about it, which made me un-shelf it. After beating Sandman, it unlocks the next round where I have to defend my title. Of course, the new improved Glass Joe beat me twice since you can't punch him in his dumb head until you uppercut him and his mask flies off temporarily. If it continues to be more frustrating than fun, I foresee it returning to the shelf very soon. :)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000