main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC REVOLUTIONARY 1 AM FAN FILM IDEA

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lightsaber11, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    An idea:

Seeing as we are all in different areas of BC, why can't we just agree on a script that works with the idea that we are all from different areas of the galaxy or planet, any interaction done with eachother can be done via communicator, or holograph image. I know that there must be at least two to three individuals that you can collaberate with in your vicinity, so organize shoots with them. This is the way its done in Hollywood anyway, actors spend only a wee bit of time together on a set. I'm sure with the fight scenes we make ourselves, plus whatever juicy dialogue we've got, we could make a raucous film and just mail all our footage to one person who would be designated to add it all together and edit... All that must be decided upon is a script...

And even if we need one of those scenes where everyone must be there, like the grand award ceremony at the end of A New Hope, or the Passing of the Giant Glowing Ball at the end of Phantom Menace, I'm sure we could all organize a weekend where we meet and film, at some undisclosed beautiful location in our own home province of BC... then we could have a huge party afterward and show each other what the meaning of coming together on something this big is all about. I'm telling you ladies and gentlemen, boundaries such as distance between individuals is surmounted merely by using the tools we have at our disposal... most of us have cameras, high speed internet, and the will to make it work, now we just have to collectively agree on a script and then seperately get to work preparing our portion of the story. What do you say ladies and gentlemen, any takers? I for one TAKE. I TAKE TAKE TAKE... and I'm willing to give as well.

The beauty of the Star Wars universe is that it is so vast and can house any number of possibilities... Not every story has to be Jedi related, although that is fun. Stories can take place in all types of enviroments, we just have to be smart and not write ourselves trouble. If we don't have a bluescreen to film crazy stunts, lets not write them in... Lets be honest, I don't think I'd want to be filming anywhere near any burning lava pits, or treacherous cliffs, but I will get face deep in stinking nasty swamp mud if it means getting a gritty shot of a Jedi or otherwise plodding dutifully through some misbegotten mire way out in the corner or the universe... BC has so much beauty and nature that our opportunities are nearly endless for shooting locales.... Let this post be a beacon to everyone with a will to make it work. I know I speak for myself in saying I support BC Independant Fan Films, and I would love to see this go off.

Lightsaber11
    better known as Nolan

2. jhan_alar

jhan_alar Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    That would be awesome. But... it would be hard to plan something where everyone isn't in one group.

3. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    If you open your mind... (NOT THAT I'M SAYING YOU'RE NARROW MINDED, BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT) there are infinite avenues for storylines that could involve a number of people performing different tasks across the galaxy. We don't necessarily have to meet at all because we can just use the videomessaging idea....
    they communicate by video phone... or if we can rig it somehow we can have a holoprojector...
    i'm not an FX whiz, at all. I'm a writer.
    and i think it could work....

anyone else agree?

4. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Id love to be part of a fan film....
    Once I get my Jedi Knight costume made... my mommy's making me Anakin's from Episode 2! =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.