main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Riverport (Richmond) Silvercity Line-Up

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by t0rg0, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t0rg0

t0rg0 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Just thought I'd start a new thread for those of us planning on lining up for the 12:01am showing (preferably digital) at the Riverport Silvercity theatre at the corner of No. 6 Rd. and Steveston Hwy. in Richmond.

I'm thinking we should start sharing ICQ and/or cel phone numbers as well, to make organization a little bit easier. My ICQ# is 11489933 and I will give my phone number by private e-mail or ICQ.

Personally, I'm basing my plans on tickets going on sale at 11:00am Thursday morning. Therefore, I will be joining the line-up sometime between 8:00pm and midnight on Wednesday.

So if anybody wants to post a link to this thread on other message boards or IRC or wherever, please go ahead.

-Christian

2. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    I am also planning to lineup for 12:01am tix, definately digital, at Riverport. I don't think I'd be able to line up the night before though. i'll probably go early on the morning of and line up. the icq thing is a good idea. my icq # is 91496196. my icq nickname is DJCB

3. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I'll definately be at Riverport around 8pm wednesday night with a couple of friends. It'll be cool to see everyone there! But it would be nice to have a few more Vancouver Fanforcers joining us, come on people! :)

4. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I don't use ICQ but I can be reached through email and msn messenger at
    master_yodaa@hotmail.com

5. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Guys Id totally join you but Im gonna be out in Langley Colussus... Ill be with you there in spirit... but we should all get together like a couple weeks after and see it again!!!

6. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Guys let me know... Id totally be up for meeting everyone and seein AOTC for the 10th time was the lines and such die down lemme know!

7. Chill

May 2, 2002
    just to let you guys know, if you didn't know already, cineplex odeons are selling tix already. i just came back from the CO grande cinemas, which is five minutes from my house, and they had tix for sale for the 12:01am showing. but i didn't buy them cause i'm waiting for the 12:01 dlp showing at riverport. if famous players is smart they should get their act together quick.
    but on the plus side, if all the cineplex cinemas are selling already, maybe when riverport finally sells the line won't be so huge.

8. Chill

May 2, 2002
    hey 5 1 5 0
    your gf has been calling famous players the past couple of days and talking with real people right? what's the number she's calling? where did she get it from?

9. Chill

May 2, 2002
    some guy posted this over at the toronto discussion branch:

" OK....so i've just come back from the paramount where they assured me that tickets will go on sale one week before opening - thursday...the note inside the door when i went this morning before work said "box office opens 11:30" so I'm personally putting two and two together and planning on being there around 11:30 am on thursday...'course this is the paramout so who knows?"

hope this goes for all famous players across canada

10. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Ugh I can get tixs right by my place too!!!
    What should I do???!!! Do I wait for the Silvercity????

11. Chill

May 2, 2002
    if you go to the niagara discussion group and to the annoucement thread it has been officially announced, at least in niagara, that their famous players silvercity is selling tix at 9:30 pm EST tonight. what does this mean for us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

12. t0rg0

t0rg0 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Well, I guess this means that I might have to head down tonight to see if they're selling tickets. I'll let you guys know if I go and what I find out.

13. Chill

May 2, 2002
    right on t0rg0, hope you bring back answers.

14. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Do I drive out to Langley and see if they are selling tixs???? Can it be?

15. Jaden

Jaden Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2001
    I've heard nothing about Silvercity Coquitlam - the theatre closest to me. Rumor is there isn't even a 12:01 show. That would certainly piss me off. Any one have any info in regards to this?

16. Chill

May 2, 2002
    i know what you mean. should i drive 15 mins to riverport? what if they have no tix yet? i wish it was posted on the internet or something? i'm conflicted ?[face_plain]

17. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    movietickets.com
    has their listing for the week Star Wars is out... but Silvercities do not have AOTC listed yet...

18. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Well Im home and I have checked with SilverCity in Coquitlam... I was going to go to Langley but too far...
    I was told 50/50 chance for tomorrow (Wednesday) and 100% chance for Thursday... so it is looking like Thursday is the day... but our fingers are crossed for tomorrow..

19. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Chill, I dont mean to put any pressure on you but you seem to be the closest person to Riverport and they are giving us crap all for info :( If you wouldnt mind too much, try to get out there as much as you can tomorrow cause theres no way of knowing when its gonna happen. Id be out there all the time but i have school and i live in north van so its an utter utter drag for me to get out there. I do plan on heading out there tomorrow sometime in the evening to either camp out or ask whats up or whatever, but if they go on sale tomorrow morning by any chance, we really need to know about it. God it would suck if we all missed the boat...

20. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Hey guys, well if Thursday is the big day, I'll be there with some friends around 8pm Wednesday... Also, I may be watching a movie earlier in the day, therefore I'll be able to do a last minute check of the ticket sale. I'll post my findings.

21. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    I still havent heard anything for the lower mainland yet... anyone have any good news for the SilverCities???

22. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    The manager of Riverport called me and told me that to the best of her knowledge, there was no midnight show at riverport, and that tickets go on sale this friday. No midnight show at their DLP location. One word... IDIOTS! What are we gonna do now?

23. Chill

May 2, 2002
    that manager at riverport is blowing steam up your butt.
    i just got back from riverport and bought me tix for the 3:30pm showing on thursday. apparently they just went on sale today.
    5 1 5 0, i think this may go for all silvercities across the lower mainland.
    but it's true they don't have any midnight screenings. and they're not sure about the dlp yet. the ticket guy i bought from was pretty knowledgable about the situation and said that they're still working out the details about the dlp print but in short he seemed optimistic about it. he said that he sees no reason why they won't get it. he said they got every other dlp print in time for release day including ocean's eleven and the rookie. so if fox/lucasfilm really want to show aotc in digital in as many places as they can, i see no reason why it won't be at riverport. i mean it's the only dlp projector until california i think.

24. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Thats crap that there no Midnight showing!!! Friday??? I still dont think they even know whats going on... this is a joke!

25. t0rg0

t0rg0 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Screw it!

I'm just getting tix for the 12:01 show downtown at the Granville. Then I'll see it in digital if and when Silver City gets their act together.

Thanks for the info though Chill...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.