main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    Name: CM or Drew
    Age: old as my fingers and a little older than my teeth. But not yet 20.
    Why: Well, I found some old VHS of Starwars, and it turned into an obsession from there.
    Like: RPG and cosplay(but no money and the rents HATE me cosplaying) as well as designing things and collecting (i only have like 12 things but hey, gotta start somewhere.)
    Heard: 501st Legion, exploring the boards. I introduced myself on the old system, but I have not posted here(in the RMFF) in years.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Welcome back!

3. Nagayoshi

Nagayoshi Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    Hey all,

Name: Jake

SW Related Interests: Hrm... I'm a collector of just about everything, but I guess you'd call me an internal collector. I have a small collection (compared to most) but I WANT EVERYTHING! :)

Non-SW Related Interests: I'm an MMO gamer, Blizzard entertainment lover. I've been into zombies for 15 years (so don't call me a bandwagon jumper on the Walking Dead! even though I love it!), music - I play bass guitar, piano and saxophone. I do read comics occasionally, I'm almost caught up on The Clone Wars cartoon and I'm a Star Wars Insider subscriber. I also am super-amp'd about the Hobbit trilogy coming out soon and pretty much everything movie related...

How did you get started on SW: I was a kid, my dad would put Star Wars on the television when they played cards in the other room. I was hooked. I've been to Celebration One (I think that's what they call it?) - here in Denver a long, long time ago haha. I played Star Wars Galaxies back when it first came out, and some of my favorite gaming memories ever come from that game.

How did you find this board? The ForceCast.

I'm very excited to talk with you all (local Star Wars fans!) and possibly meet some of you!

I posted in the check in/check out thread? I think - a few of my collection photos... I'm new to these boards, so you'll have to excuse my n00bish-ness!

Looking forward to chatting!

-Jake

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome, Nagayoshi. Don't worry, if you stick around you'll have a chance to figure out our wacky way of doing things.

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Welcome Jake!

6. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Welcome!

7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome :)

8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Hi! Welcome aboard!

9. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We were all noobs once! Welcome, Jake.

10. Mrs. Skywalker

Mrs. Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2013
    Name: Alex
    SW Related Interests: Luke. XP Costuming, being nice, watching the movies, getting other people addicted to SW
    Non-SW Related Interests: Camping, reading, writing, loving God :3
    How did you get started on SW: Whew. Here we go. XP When I was little I saw a clip of Episode IV when Luke is on Bespin and he's screaming NOOOOO because... well, yeah. It scared me to bits. I had a 4th grade teacher who is OBSESSED with SW. He had posters and he played SW music for us while we were working. Years later, my brother started playing Lego SW, and I got interested behind the story. So I watched them, starting with IV, to overcome my fear. Now.... hahah it started with me hating Luke and now I love him XP hahahaha! I am one of the few walking SW encyclopedias at my school! :p
    How did you find this board? On facebook, going through the rebel Legion's Mountain Base pictures, saw this link on a pic, and decided to investigate XP

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  12. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    We've been discovered! Time to move the base. Welcome! Stay a while look around.

FanForced likes this.
  13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  14. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    One of us!

15. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Enjoy!

16. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    Name: Leif

SW Related Interests: The movies (of course) books (but its been a while since ive read one) being made fun of by everyone i know for being a fan (its entertaining lol)

Non-SW Related Interests: video games, video games and . . . . oh yeah video games. my english bulldog, food, exercise, more food, slightly less exercise, cooking, eating the food i cook, hanging out with my adorable nephews, drinking good beer (ill take suggestions of new ones to try) and bowling, im down for bowling.

How did you get started on SW: my dad used to watch the original trilogy all the time and i would watch with him. though i didn't really get in to it too much until the special editions came out (the not special editions are still better) only cause i got to see them in theaters which was awesome. then for christmas one year all i got was starwars toys and some smell my gak (that stuff was weird and smelled like pizza) but as i got older i started reading the book and finally understood what was really happening in the movies and it just grew from there. also the Shadows of the Empire N64 game was frakin awesome.

How did you find this board? umm for those who remeber, fot those who will never forget and for a whole new generation who will experience it for the very first time. . . . . i used to post on here years ago, then stopped (i dont know why) but my account was still active i discovered today and i decided to post again.

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome back! Glad you found us again.

19. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and meetings!

20. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome! look forward to meeting you. :)

There are lots of others into video games on here as well. ;)

21. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    WHOA. I'm neither a newbie, nor an RMFFer, nor a former resident of these parts, just a wandering soul that felt the need to say hey to some old friends, say hey to new ones and just to say WHASSUP RMFF???!?!?!!!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  22. Axys

Axys Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Hello! New to the boards and to RMFF So here's some infos for ya :D

Name: Trevor
    SW Related Interests: Light Sabers, The Dark Side, Yoda, George Lucas, Now apparently Disney ;) - To name a few
    Non-SW Related Interests: Music, Video Games, Wine, Bass Guitar, Board Games, MTG
    How did you get started on SW: Been watching and enjoying Star Wars since I was a kid, and decided that it was the most amazing story EVER when I saw the movies in the theater with my dad.
    How did you find this board? Recommended to me from the Meetup Group :D

Hope I answered all questions, if you want to know more, ask. I'll probably tell you ;)

Sarnia likes this.
  23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Welcome! Jump on in and post wherever you'd like -- we talk about a lot of stuff! :)

Axys and Sarnia like this.
  24. Axys

Axys Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Well, I do want and will eventually have a Tauntaun pet! I'd ride that dude EVERYWHERE :D

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome!

Axys likes this.