main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I thought that was a little weird :p

put the ship at risk with Destroyers in system. tsk tsk :p

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Very good. Very evocative.

I don't know how long a smoke grenade takes to clear, though in hindsight, I remember using one or two while paintballing, but I can't help visualising "He" being caught off guard by Jason's impromptu action, perhaps being grabbed by Lasso while still bent over with his hands rifling through a fallen officer's pockets.

"Wha-?"

"Come on, I've only got the one smoke grenade!"

"But I'm not finished."

"Now!"

When the smoke cleared, both "He" and Lasso were gone.

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all. I have a massive college project I have to do today; I've had two weeks for it, but meh, I'm doing it all today. :p I've passed my class per the State of Colorado ECE policy...and with A's in my last two ECE classes...I'm just "over" with my Director's class. I have two massive projects left to do, this one and another one. The one I'm doing today, I find no motivation to do, while the last project I am excited to do. Thing is, if I let this project go, but still do my final project, I'll still pass the class with a mid-B. But, I can't slack off that much, it's just not me. So I'm stuck doing a project I don't want to do. Kind of hard to find motivation for homework when you've passed the class already and the rest of the work can only raise your passing grade, not fail you.

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well done on passing, Mate! =D=

Try this. Forcing yourself to do a project you do not want to do, for the greater good, will allow you to feel and write Lasso better

CPL_Macja and JediFalcon like this.
  5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I agree with Sith, I forced myself to do the projects regardless. I tended to sleep better afterwards too. You want to get the project done be one less thing on your mind :)

CPL_Macja likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Sith and Falcon. :) Okay, so after 2 1/2 hours on project, I'm taking a break. 40% of it done. I have a 5 page written summary to do and two review pages; estimated time for those, 4 hours. Project is due Tuesday night. Taking Sunday off to spend with my Fiancee, then back to homework Monday night and Tuesday night. Then I need to complete my CE credits for work this weekend too. But all in all, not too bad. Have time.

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If its not too late, can you do the next 60% whilst wearing a Batman suit?

JediFalcon and CPL_Macja like this.
  8. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    [face_rofl]

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
  10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

It may speed things up. :p

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    It may do, but I was thiinking more that it would match more with Lasso being forced by the Prophesy to work in a Batman suit, and if you did the same, you could write him better.

If this is indeed supposed to be the uniform of the Guardians/Mercs, is the error that we made that we didn't dress in red and blue Spidey suits?

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I draw the line at spandex

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    No. :p To keep with the Mercs being mercenaries, everyone is going to be allowed to wear their own uniforms / equipment. Only the Merc fighter jackets define the Guardians as part of one unit.

Oh come on...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    spandex yeah sorry I also draw the line there

Another thing, it's really hard to read that color of green. I have highlight to see what you typed. It's just really annoying.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Same here, regarding the green font.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all, I have some sad news to report. L_V had to leave Intervention due to other time obligations outside of the game. Please wish him the best of luck in the future. :)

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Spandex / Tights.
    [​IMG]
    Because it takes a real mercenary to get away with wearing them!

:p

JediFalcon likes this.
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Don't know if any of these will be useful to anyone, but I found them on SW Wiki while I was some research...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Been working on a cool project for the game last few hours. Just waiting for technology to do it's thing. I hope you all like it.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Probably will, and I should be able to get on this weekend, so expect an update from then ;)

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Great load of pictures, Bravo; I was instantly excited upon seeing them.

Suggestion: since we have unlimited edit here, suggest you knock out the Lambda-class shuttle, since (far as I know), no-one in the game has one; and replace it with something on the Theta or Sentinel-classes, as we have a few, courtesy of the Kingdom of Jod.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Or a YT-1300! ;)

[​IMG]

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, so I hate Facebook. The 5 hours I spent today making a movie for the game went down the drain because Facebook says I violated copyright...even when I gave a reference page to the outside sources I used. So now, I have a promotional video sitting on my computer, completed, but with no website to post it on so I can post it here on TFN. Just wonderful.

Sorry, just really pissed off by that news. I was all excited for it too.

EDIT: So I took the music off. Lets see if that takes care of the "copyright" problem. If it doesn't, I guess my account gets locked on Facebook. Where dos "Fair Use" come into this issue? Because that's what everything is everywhere in the world, "Fair Use". If we didn't have it, no one could do anything about re-posting a other person's work (with reference to it's creator), without having to call that person first.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Facebook? Don't videos go on Youtube? Also, try not to be too blatant about giving the name of the sources, as their owners must do regular searches for their own material.

Besides, Facebook, or whoever, get fined if they host copyright material and don't do anything about it.

Good point, Bardan. Searched for the Library that doesn't get sig link for some JB data.

Johnny Boy
    Marauder-Class Corvette

---Name: Johnny Boy
    ---Class: Marauder-Class Corvette
    ---Hyperdrive Class: Class One (modified from Class Two)
    ---Weapon(s): 8 double turbolasers, four quad laser cannons, two forward ion cannons, three tractor beam projectors
    ---Shields: Heavy, with redundant shields
    ---Sublight Speed: Slightly faster then a Victory-Class Star Destroyer
    ---Crew: 60 (Not including pilots)
    ---Passenger(s): None, although can hold up 20
    ---Max Cargo (kg): 300 metric tons
    ---Interior Description: The Johnny Boy has been heavily modified on the inside: most of the troop barracks, along with a large part of the crew quarters with the reduced crew, have been removed and other departments and quarters in the ship have been moved around and reconfigured to utilize the open space created by the removal of the troop barracks and unused crew quarters. Such additions have included a larger power generator, a separate power generator for the shields (which saves more power to the main generator which aids with the power for the extra weapons), redundant shields, retractable weapons, a larger hanger, and extra living space for the crew and pilots to relax. Such 'living space' have included a larger mess hall, an extra Living Area and Game Room (game tables, couches and lazy boy chairs, snack bar, and regular tables all in a carpeted room), gym, more personalized quarters for the crew in general, and a tactical planning and briefing room (collectively known as the "Briefing Room").
    ---Other Details: The Johnny Boy operates with a greatly reduced crew, although still maintains a higher crew number then the minimum crew count. With less crew comes more technology to help assist everyone aboard the vessel. The ship carries a full squadron of 12 starfighters, 1 Lambda-Class Shuttle, a various arrangement of speeder bikes and Swoop Bikes for ground operations, and one Gian Speeder.

The Johnny Boy maintains a brown and rusted look with blaster scoring everywhere along the vessel; with the weapons retracted and the outward appearance of the Johnny Boy, the hope is that many customs and military agents will overlook the vessel. No outward signs or titles mark the vessel for identification.

The vessel carries military-grade sensors, armor, communications, and sensors, while also having sensor-shielded hidden smuggling compartments and sensor-shielded retracted weapon compartments.