main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky Balboa

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    In this thread we speculate how much this film will rule, or suck.

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I am looking forward to the film. I don't expect it to be better than the 1st one, but from the looks of things it'll be better than Rocky V

3. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I like to pretend part 5 never happened. Other than the fact that he had to return to the old neighborhood, the rest of that movie stunk of suckiness.

4. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    To be honest, it looks very well done, even for a movie that will be rife with cliches like all the others(but you should suspend your belief when you walk into the theater anyway).

5. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I haven't heard or seen anything about it that makes me cringe. I read a review of the script, earlier in the year, and it said that he brings up Adrian like 600 times in the film. But, I guess that's to be expected when you lose the love of your life.

6. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    I don't think it'll light the world ah fire... It should be a decent movie though...

7. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I really like the use of ESPN and HBO personalities: it adds a nice level of 'realness' to the film the others don't have.

8. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Like Dan Patrick being in every other Adam Sandler movie? :p

9. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Was he in Happy Gilmore? :p

I love the 'Balboasaurus' and 'so they wouldn't call it an execution' line. :p

10. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    He was actually having someone fill this last week, on his radio show, because he's filming in a new Adam Sandler movie. ;)

11. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I have a feeling this one will return the the same vibe of the better Rocky movies (I & II). Stallone himself stated that he was not happy with how V ended the series, and regrets taking the route he did for that one. I'm really looking forward to this, actually.

12. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I take the stance that Rocky 5 never happened, and it was just a poorly executed bad dream.

13. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Kinda like when Bobby Ewing died? :p

14. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I haven't seen the first 5 and I won't be seeing this.

My mates feel it could be as good as beverly hills cop 4

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    it's been a while since i've seen Rocky 5 which is probably a good thing. i know i'll be seeing Rocky Balboa with my brothers and dad when it comes out. my dad likes the Rocky movies

16. TheLighterSide

TheLighterSide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    When I heard about this for the first time, I was really disappoined. Afer Rocky V, which did happen, as much as we wish it didn't, I just couldn't imagine another good Rocky movie. Then I saw the trailer. Now I'm very much looking forward to it, and hoping that at some point in the movie I'll be compelled to chant "Rocky! Rocky!"

17. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Ok. I just watched the trailer. I'm there! It couldn't possibly be any worse than that nightmare movie that I refuse to name. :p

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    If you go to IESB.net they have several clips from the movie up

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    OK, I saw the original when it was stil in the theatres, and grew up loving it just as much as Star Wars.

I saw 2-4 in the theatres as well. I liked 2 and 3 but saw their flaws as well.

4 sucked, with the exception of the training scenes and James Brown. The speach at the end was vomitously bad.

I saw bits of 5 on cable, it was god-aweful.

So now here comes 6. I'm incredibly skeptical. Partly because I've really osured on boxing in general, so that the idea of a guy with seroius boxing-caused health problems as it is stepping into the ring again really bothers me. On top of that, Stallone lost his feel for this character somewhere around in Rocky 2. I just can't see him rediscovering it again.

So unless tit gets incredibly good reviews, I'll pass. Someone stick a fork in Stallone, he's done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.