main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Rose Parade Pix plus Michigan

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lovelucas, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    This is from Bonnie's Blog - Rose Parade practice/gatherings etc.

I think this might be Blasty from Detroit FF:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonniegrrl/339465841/in/set-72157594449645708/

and there's a ton of pix here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonniegrrl/tags/roseparade/

2. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Ha the announcer said the people that dress up need to get a job and I yelled at Phil through the tv to get a job.[face_laugh]I had to pick on him somehow and I'm sure I will get it from him soon.

On a side note I wonder which Sandtrooper he was.

3. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    I just don't get why people have to put the 501st down... They just don't realize that it's a hobby and we do it most of the time for charity. That just really upsets me when I hear things like that.

Although Phil does need a job. ;-)

Later,
    Donavon

4. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    You know Donavon we are going to get it from Phil.[face_laugh]

But I'm with you on what you said. I was just having fun with what he said even though he is ignorant about what the 501st and the Rebel Legion does.

5. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    and Blasty had to carry Florida's flag!

hey - everybody go here to vote for Star Wars as having the best float....well, if you feel that way -

http://ktla5cw.powweb.com/survey/poll.html

and actually even though there was one jerk who had to make stupid comments about the 501st, by far and by majorly so, the consensus is stormtroopers rock. Huge applause, and every other station was feeling the Star Wars/George love.

The Travel Channel (my channel is #68) is repeating the entire parade right now - it's been on about 15 minutes

6. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Awesome pics ... :D

7. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006

I was the dirty one8-} Maybe I can get a job working for the EVIL EMPIRE a.k.a. the USPS:D

8. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    All in all it was a great time but alot of work. I wish you all could have been there. The cheers where so loud when we went by it was just incredible. Im still recovering from it all but at least my feet dont hurt anymore. 6.5 mi was a very long march. We had some that dropped out for costume glitches some for the heat or to avoid having nasty wounds. Steve B. from the MI squad made it to the end and then collapsed from dehydration and spent 4 hrs. in the hospital. It was a once in a life time event and that is the way it will stay. I met so many new friends from around the world that I otherwise would never have met.

9. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    wow - my son marched in the Rose Parade in January 1998 and those Michigan Marching Band uniforms, while hot, confining - no breathing - they can't compare to what you guys went through! we were so proud to be Star Wars fans - well - you know we are anyway but to have the entire world watching all of you and Pasadena giving you all some of the love that we all feel was just a spectacular thing to absorb on New Year's Day morning. The warm fuzzies morphed into goose bumps and thrills.

I'm so sorry that someone was hospitalized and that really makes me realize I don't have what it takes to wear the armour - but I salute all of you that do.

We would love to hear all the stories and adventures....... and photos of course! I'll even bake cookies.

and the Evil Empire of the USPS? hey Leia - are you going to let him get away with that? oh wait....you probably agree

10. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I used to march in the Tulip Time parades and those I'm sure don't compare to the length of the Rose parade- in California- in full Trooper attire. [face_laugh]

The KTLA/Travel Channel announcer was Bob Eubanks, former gameshow host. I won't go all Rosie O'Donnell on his life choices since I'm sure he thought he was just being harmless playing into the nerd stereotype. The important thing anyway is that George Lucas is impressed with the 501st and that got mentioned a bunch of times.

11. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    What!!! Can't the Empire give you any money to clean your armor. The emperor must be in a pinch for money since the first Death Star blew up.

Now to work for the EVIL EMPIRE you must take a test and pass it before you can get hired.

12. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
  13. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Their seems to be a certain piggy on the back of the Naboo float with Queen Amidala. He sure does get around. Did he ride on the float through the whole parade?

14. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Yes, he did! :)

15. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006

Oh come on now the test cant be that hard. Anybody can count to 10 cant theyo_O [face_laugh]. As for dirty armor that just means that I get all the dirty jobs that the clean TKs cant do.;)

16. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Well the test is more than counting to 10.;) Maybe they can do those jobs they just made you do them.[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.