main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTJ 20th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    At the last meeting there was talk about having a get together to watch Return of the Jedi to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the release of the final chapter of the SW saga. I'm starting this thread so people give their ideas or opinions on this proposed activity.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Just wanted to say I think this is a great idea. :)

3. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Sounds like a good idea. Where would it be held at?? I'll bring the popcorn. :p

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm not sure yet. Where we would hold it yet. Possibly at the library or if someone has a place big enough for enough people to attend. I don't recognize your name Ariadnael. Have I met you before?

5. INDY-RY_KENOBI

INDY-RY_KENOBI Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2003
    Hi, guys!! This is Ryan Lewis!! :)

I FINALLY got in gear with things, and set up an account with this place! I'm impressed, and think that this board is a GREAT way to keep in contact with each other! He, he... I just wish I had an index on who everyone's Screen names were, so I knew for sure who was who! But.. I DO have some hunches! ;) LOL

Anyhow, I was thinking about the ROTJ 20th Anniversary party, and I think that it would be a GREAT idea!! :) I think that my house might be large enough in the basement for us all. We could watch the "Special Edition" on VHS, if you want to. I'll supply the house, TV, and VCR; someone else will need to bring their copy of ROTJ, since I only have the originals! LOL

Let me know what you guys think either via board, or my e-mail at: kovu2000@juno.com

Thanks, and MTFBWY!!!

6. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll be there! I could bring my ROTJ Luke and Vader sabers (I love any excuse to show off props)....

7. INDY-RY_KENOBI

Apr 23, 2003
    Go for it, Doug!! :) It would be a treat to see them!

Hey! What about that picture you took of Vader's Armor at Planet Hollywood? Did any of those pictures turn out good? Perhaps you could bring them, too, if possible!

8. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    OK!

Correct me if I'm wrong (it was a long weekend of compositing blue-screen shots for Reepo) but I believe we decided on Saturday, May 31 at 7:00pm at Ryan L's place. Is that correct?

We also decided it would be a pot-luck event, so post what you are bringing here!

Promises to be a great time!

Doug

9. BithLord42

BithLord42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Wasn't it decreed about two years ago, that I shall always be the guy that brings the Doritos?
    So I guess I'll bring that.

Ryan A.

10. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Marvincade and I will bring the Rotel cheese dip. (Chips, anyone?????) :p

11. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    BTW.....is this a "bring your own beverage" event?? ?[face_plain]

12. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Marvincade and I can also bring the left-over grape sodas from the garage sale. :p

13. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Can I bring some brownies? Would that be cool? Regular brownies, not "magical" ones.

14. BithLord42

Apr 18, 2003
    mmmmmm, brownies

15. MrsStrahd

MrsStrahd Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I will be in Vegas on that day, but if anyone wants a special request from the STAR WARS floor of FAO Schwartz, let me know.

16. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Oooh! OOOOH! Bring me that screen-used R2-D2 they're selling for $8,000!!!!!! I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!

J/K of course....I did get pics with it though....

Doug

17. INDY-RY_KENOBI

Apr 23, 2003
    Cool! :) Sounds like we will have a BLAST on Saturday! I work until 5:30 on Saturday, so I thought that 7:00 P.M. would be a good time to start things off. I will send an e-mail to the list that explains directions on how to get to my house, so check your e-mail soon! ;)

I suppose that "bring your own beverage" would be a smart idea, but I might have some leftover Sprite and Pepsi. If you aren't a fan of any of those, yes; bring your own, or have a glass of water! ;) That works, right? LOL

I would prefer that it be "just adults" at my house, since my basement has a lot of "tempting" stuff in it that I wouldn't want people messing with without my permission, but if you must bring them, I can make an exception (as long as there will be ADULT SUPERVISION, I don't mind it); just e-mail me at: kovu2000@juno.com , and let me know how many kids are coming. I don't mind kids, as long as they behave themselves! ;)

In fact, why don't you guys e-mail me at kovu2000@juno.com to RSVP (let me know if you are coming), and what you will be bringing; that way, I get an approximate number on the people that will be attending. Thanks a lot, guys, and May the Force Be With You!

~Ryan Lewis

P.S. , sorry it has taken so long for me to post on the board; I got "sucked into the video game Enter the Matrix" for the ENTIRE Memorial Day Weekend!! LOL ;) I beat the game with Ghost, by the way, so "ha, ha" to Erik, who started the game as Naiobi! Heh; just kidding, Erik!! LOL

18. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    BTW folks, I got a projector for Saturday, so we can PROJECT the movie.

In addition, we will be premiering "REEPO" at the party!

19. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    I talked to Michelle at work, and we kinda thought that maybe a meat and cheese tray would be good? Would it get eaten? Let us know.

20. BithLord42

Apr 18, 2003
    mmmm meat and cheese

21. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    ryan are you like always hungry, or do you just like everything. I hope tortilla chips (for the cheese dip, not to compete with you) and paper plates will still sufice.

22. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    I guess we're bringing a watermelon bowl....

mmmmmm......watermelon.....

There, I beat Ryan to it!

And yes Erin, he's always hungry....

23. BithLord42

Apr 18, 2003
    Actually I don't really like watermelon Doug, but mmmmmmm tortilla chips. Actually that's more of a Homer Simpson allusion then me really being hungry.
    Well, and I'm hungry too.

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.