main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTK Sunday, December 21st?

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Ok, I am going to see Return of the King the Sunday after it comes out and I was wondering who all would care to join me? Billy and Kenzi have already said they're going, and I think Mike and Dena are going, at least that's what Dena said last night. And, if I remember correctly, Amanda and Russ are going as well. Everyone is else is invited too of course.

Now, what time would we want to go, and Heath, about when should we get our tickets? Could you also post the times for Sunday so we know our options?

Oh, and 3 or 4 of my friends from school MIGHT be coming. But trust me, they're not teenie boppers in any way. They're all huge LOTR fans and have read the books a million times. If anyone has a problem with them coming, let me know, and I'll go see it again with them later.

Edit: Ok, I used my resources, and I THINK the showtimes for Suday are: 10:00am, 2:25pm, 6:45pm, and 11:00pm. I would suggest either the 2:25 or 6:45 showings. If we really wanted, we could go eat before and then head over, or just meet at the theater (The Tulsa Cinemark,, of course).

2. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Times

Okay you got the times right for one print. I think the Tulsa will have a second print but will let you know when we hear for sure. We will also have a 12:30 PM show on the IMAX if you wanted to see it there. I would just buy them at least 2 or 3 days in advance by going up to the theatre to buy them.

If you need any other info, as always just ask.

3. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Valerie and I are going to the 6:45 showing on Wednesday the 17th at the Tulsa. Just thought I would share in case anyone else is also going to that showing.

4. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    If you go to the 6:45 show, Russ and I will be able to make it. I forgot we had a family obligation from 1:00 to about 4:00. :(

5. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Wow, I thought the midnight showing was for Wednesday night/ Thursday morining! I might just get to see this thing on opening night after all(but I doubt I could still get tickets).

Anyway, back to Sunday. It sounds like 6:45 is the best time, at least for two of us that said they're going. Chime in if it's not ok with you, please.

6. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Tickets are still on sale.

7. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    From TORN:

New Line Cinema / Warner Bros. decided yesterday (12/9) to pull from theatrical release of Lord of the Rings:Return of the King from IMAX Theatres planning to show the film on their 35mm projection systems. Contracts were signed, thousands of tickets were sold! No reason was given from New Line.

No confirmation on this, if anyone knows more send some information along!

Any info on this Heath? To me, this reads as "either IMAX or 35mm, not both." Of course, it is unconfirmed...

8. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I can unfortunately confirm this. Here is what the current situation looks like. Currently there are 47 theatres booked to play on IMAX with thousands of tickets already sold so New Line is dealing with some Pissed Off theatre chains. Right now it looks like we may have the film from the 17th until the 21st since we have tickets sold. Unfortunately I have nothing definate tonight and should ultimately know the specifics of what will happen tomorrow morning.

Never the less, we WILL have a Midnight show on IMAX regardless of this happening.

[Edit] This was not a New Line decision! It was a Peter Jackson decided he didn't like the fact that it doesn't take up the whole screen so let's pull it even though I had no problem with the first two on IMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Weird. It seems there's more going on there than anyone will admit. Thanks for the info, Heath!

10. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    OKay so the word has come down and........

we WILL be playing Return of the King on the IMAX screen. So tickets are back on sale at ROTK on IMAX

[edit] It will probably be around 4PM when they have the site updated. Sorry.

11. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Ok, so far I know that I'm going, Billy and Kenzi are going, and I think Amanda and Russ are going on Sunday. Mike and Dena, are you guys still planning on going? The only time even talked about was 6:45, so do we want to meet about an hour before that, or is that too early? Are we going to maybe go eat before or just meet there? Or am I planning too far ahead again? I'm just trying to get an idea of what all's going on so we can be thinking of getting tickets.

12. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Ok guys, they've added more times to the list. Now the show times are as follows:

10:00, 10:20, 11:10, 12:00, 2:25, 2:45, 3:30, 4:30, 6:45, 7:10, 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00.

Do we still want to go to the 6:45 showing or go to the later 7:10 one or the earlier 4:30 one? I need to know so I can go buy tickets. If it's okay with my parents, I can go buy all our tickets together, and maybe get a discount with my student ID. Please let me know ASAP if you are going and what time is best for you so we can decide.

13. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Mike2-D2 said that 6:45 for us was fine!!!

If you guys are up for dinner doing dinner before hand I know I am as well, and I don't see why Mike would care!!! As long as it isn't sometime that costs a lot!!!

14. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    The 6:45 is great with us. Russ and I would be up for going out for dinner before the movie also.

15. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    McDonalds it is then :p

16. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I was thinking something like Fuddruckers or IHOP (we all like IHOP, maybe this time we'll actually be able to get in) or something in the area. There's also a Panaras(sp?) and a Chick Filet across the street. It's up to you guys. Billy, Kenzi, do you all want to go eat before as well? Oh, and we can't go buy all the tickets after all, I have to study for finals and we don't have the $$. I figure most of you will just get them online anyway.

Edit: I talked it over with my mom and am going to buy the tickets for all those I got ahold of by phone tonight.

17. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Actually if you all want to come by some time when I am at work I will sell you all Student tickets to save you all a $1.50 a ticket or $2.25 a ticket if you were going to buy online. I work tonight, tomorrow 9-5 and I am off Friday and Saturday but could meet someone at the theatre early Friday or Saturday afternoon. Just PM when you plan to come and get them.

Heath

18. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Ihop sounds good to me!

19. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    After talking to Heath, I think we'll need to meet at IHOP around 4:00 if we want to get in line by 5:45, we might be able to make it if we're there by 4:15 but it would be close. Russ and Amanda- I know you have a family event to go to, what time does it go to, and would you be able to meet at IHOP by 4:15? Is this okay with everyone so far? I have everyone's tickets except for Russ and Amanda's, cause I could never get ahold of them. And Heath said him and Amanda might come too, if he can talk her into it.

20. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    We'd have to eat Ihop, on sunday Chick Fill-a is closed.

21. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I'm cool with wherever we decide to eat. :)

22. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    Russ and I are going to go buy our tickets today at lunch. IHOP is fine with us. We will be there close to 4:00. Our family thing is right there in BA.

23. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Cool. It sounds like everything is settled. Just to sum everything up, we're going to be meeting at the IHOP by the theater at 4:00 on Sunday. The movie starts at 6:45, but Heath thinks we'll want to get there AT LEAST an hour ahead of time if we want a chance for good seats. If I'm wrong about something, correct me. I'm looking foward to seeing everyone, and the movie, on Sunday.
    :D

24. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    We have our tickets. So we are ready to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.