main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive RPF Council Nominations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I would like to make one nomination for an '05 member, dragonsith13. He is a great roleplayer, and catches on quickly. He has gamed in this forum now for about 6-7 months, and has done a wonderful job with his characters. He is also an insightful player who always considers his fellow gamers, and when there is problems with others he deals with them in a calm and respectful manner.

And one for an '04 member, darth-nemisis. I have found that he is a good mediator, and he always looks at both sides of a situation before judging. He is also a great roleplayer IMO, and has many great ideas for RP's.

2. slumvillage

slumvillage Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    'O3 and Before

Ktala: Excells at maintaing hundreds(it seems like) characters in different threads at one time. Great GM and it shows as she won the Best GM in the recent RPF Awards.

Detonating-Rabbit: It is a shame he doesn't join in any other games or maybe it is blessing to have him devote his time to The Star Wars 4(Which is a great game. Join up now, don't be left out.) Sorry for the shameless plug of an RP that deserve's some credit...anyway back to Deto.

Milney: Simply for his great work with the adoptions program. The adoption progam has worked great and many are reaping the benifets of the program to improve their writing skills.

As with all of the '03 and before nominations, they have a lot of experence RPing here in the RPF and as they RP, hopefully bring up some thoughtful ways to increase the fun factor of the RPF. Although I was going to nominate Sai-Mera_Saa for one of the spots. As I think he would be perfect for the council. He has not be able to spend as much time on the RPF as he would like due to RL.

'04

Imperial_Hammer: Not just because he nominated me but he is a very intellegent being. Check out his Sith/Sin Theory which I recently checked out. He puts his heart into all of his posts and i'm greatful to be working next to him in a few of the RPG's out there.

Sith_Lords: Always seems to be around when you need him, for some odd reason. Very good GM who knows a lot about RPing and of the Star Wars universe.

LadyZaraMarta: for the simple fact that her earlier post, above on 12/7, was a great post. For one she has common knowledge of why we are all here in the first place. Also I've been able to read her work in GAW3, which I think is some of the best work around.

'05

YoungAngus: His pure interest in the RPF itself, which shows with inserting himself into the discussion on the Forum Input thread with well thought out responses. Not to mention, he is another one of those up and comming RPers that everyone should be checking out.

Tyi-Maet_Nefer: Wonderful RPer who can come up with anything in a split second. Great deal of knowledge about quite possibly anything, not just Star Wars. Great writer and a pleasure to talk to.

Those are my nominations for the RPF Council. NabooPrincess, choose wisely. I would also like to thank those of you who have been praising my work. I truly appreciate everything you guys have said about me and my abilities. To all of those who I have worked with already, I hope we work together some more. To all those I haven't yet worked with in the RPF, I hope I can work with ya'll sometime soon.

peace.

3. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Though a long nonactive member, I fully intend to what little amount I am able in order to help ensure the future stability of this forum and any other forums that may be birthed from here.

GrandAdmiralJello
    An undeniably capable fellow, Jello is the necessary perfectionist for this proposed council. It is nearly always a good thing to have some member of an advisory or guiding council mention all the minutia missed by other members. He has demonstrated his leadership capabilities on numerous occasions, leading various incarncation of the Galactic Empire to domination and preeminence in numerous RPs (I will tactfully mention but avoid the in depth discussion of the numerous civil wars that have occured under his reigns). A true believer in high culture, and in that sense a kindred spirit, Jello is unwilling to allow mediocrity to come from his efforts. An essential cog in the machine that is the RPF, he is not to be overlooked again.

Protege-of-Thrawn
    A seemingly insane chap who is on the contrary quite collected and coherent. The trick is simply to form a better understanding of his mental functions than can be achieved merely through reading his posts. His stint as RPF Manager ended not because he was no longer willing or able to do the job, but because new and rigid board policies conflicted with him. He was an excellent example of a Moderator, and frankly without a position of some direct influence across the entire fourm, he has gone to some waste these months. Indeed it would be a travesty to neither nominate nor elect him.

Alas, my third nomination has declined.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_laugh] @ civil wars

:D Good times.

5. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    All the people I would like to nominate have been said but I feel I owe it to them to say a good word.

GreyJedi125-I have only been in a couple games with him but he amazes me each time he posts. I never see the same charater in more than one RPG,which shows creativity to me. A great GM and always fun.

Ktala-Again,I have only played with her a few times but her post are vivid and ture to the story. She has a great leadership attitude and never puts anyone down. Doesn't mind Rping with newer players like myself and was a great help in my learning to RP,just by wacthing her.

Darth_vaders_cousin-Extremly fun to RP with and stays in charater very well without it seeming forced. Always fun to RP with and comes up with very interesting twists.

Well,I have thought of a couple that were not already said.

JediAalaya-Nice,neat post and always fun. Seems able to play in many different setting,i.e:romance,action,angst. A great RPer.

Fisto_My_Hero-A strong RPer that has already GM a sucessful game. Though it only had 26 pages the charaters met thier goal. Always fun to play or chat with.

6. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I will be brief and to the point, as many people I want to nominate have been already and with much fanfare! ;)

PoT - I alternately worship him and sneer in obvious jealousy in his mastery of the forum and the process of RPing. He would bring his trusty thesaurus to any council meeting and knows the ins and outs of logic (regardless of the insanity he projects).

Tyi-Maet_Nefer - Love Rping with him, as many have said. He also manages to stay on and think on his feet. Has a great understanding of the finer points of storytelling. Big ups for a big dork :p

Earwen_Lightrider - A thorough and imaginative Rper and a kind soul who is able to diffuse arguements, inject some sensitivity and understanding into conversations and always has the best interests of her group at heart.

DetonatingRabbit - While I haven't RPed with him, I am quite fond of his sense of humour and way of speaking and getting his point across. In the council, I think he would bring a grounded perspective

DarthFacetious - Knows how to bring things to a point and to a head, with as little fuss as possible. Can make decisions based on a cool mixture of gut instinct and deliberation and is not afraid to fight for what she thinks is right.

Imperial_Hammer - Knows his stuff, is calm and levelheaded. I have much respect for someone who is always coming up with new ideas.

Kartanym - Rabid RPer when he wants to be, good storyteller and always has something in reserve. I think Karty would bring a bit of drive to the council, as he invests in something when he joins it and doesn't give up til the deathrattle.

There are many more I want to nominate, based on what I've seen in the forums, but I had to go with those I know personally, even though I enjoy reading other peoples posts regardless of whether Iknow them or not. I chose to nominate those I know as friends and aquaintences rather than my favourite RPers because this isn't an RP, this is a committee in charge of our forum. ;) To those who I didn't nominate, just know that I took into account the fact that you may not have the time or inclination to take on this role, so I didn't want to burden you :)

Thanks, NP for this opportunity.

And thanks Deto for the nomination, you shifty bugger :p

7. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Oh, boy! Nominations! Hmmm... Well, I will start with my pre-'03 first

GrandAdmiralJello (duh, I suppose) given the number of nominations he has recieved
    Protege of Thrawn
    Thok

'04s
    Imperial_Hammer
    Sith_Lords

'05
    Alas, I do not know many '05s, but I shall be endeavoring to find some quality players!

bterrik

8. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    04ers...

Imp_Hammer - i don't really have any reasons that haven't been previously mentioned, but... He's a great RPer, and he has daring ideas for new games, that work!

Darth_Nemesis - An excellent RPer, that i have had the pleasure to work with before, but unfortunately not recently

05ers will be up tommorow...

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I second that comment :p

All those I would have nominated have already been so, which I'm glad to say. Thank you to those who have nominated me, I appreciate the thoughts :) And good luck to all those who will be chosen by NP to lead this forum onwards and upwards. Whoever you are, let's make this place a goldmine ;)

10. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Just a note to state what a wonderful idea I think this. I followed the reform thread when it was posted and was most impressed. Now with the nominations taking shape, I am even more impressed. In such, there is no body new to nominate that I can think of at the moment. Therefore, my reason for not posting any nominations up to now. I will state these following have my unwavering support however

Pashatemur - I can honestly state that I have never met a better roleplayer. She has a wealth of characters in her pocket and oh no! They are not just guys and gals walking around a Star Wars universe, or a stage in the Opera Populaire. These are people that you can instantly believe in as walking, thinking, and emotional creatures. Not one of her fine characters have I ever seen be presented as a "cereal-box" character but reflect parts of a gourmet meal of the highest skilled chef and artist.

GreyJedi125 - Again a fantastic Roleplayer, with the interest of new players in mind constantly. He is also, along with Pash, one of the best GMs that I have ever had the pleasure of serving under. A fine example in many areas.

LightsideApprentice - Especially of late, he has shown himself attentive to the good of the RPF. His immensly popular IBoP likely took much of his time and it showed. It was a constant thrill to see the world unfold in all the factions - and interfaction events. A fantastic mind he seems to have as well.

DarthIntegral - I've had the opportunity to work with him, not here at the RPF, but over at the SWC Forum in the Galactic Senate. He is for sure a dedicated man to these boards at TF.N and I'm sure a great roleplayer if his skills in the Senate can be any proof. Off board, he's also proven himself able to handle a large task as commish of Jedi Draft. Very well done, I must say.

LadyMaraZarta - A more recent acquaintence, though we've talked some in the Bar&Grill thread. She possesses a great mind and imagination. I would see her being an asset to the Council as well.

Imperial_Hammer - Wow! That's all I can say about his ability to crack up some solid original characters and represent a new spin on some old. He does create a lot of RPGs, unfortunatly they don't last long, but he is dedicated to keeping the unusual, unique stories alive and keeping the RPF filled with fresh ideas.

GrandAdmiralJello - Again, fantastic RPer and a great mind. I've had little contact with him personally, but I have observed him over time. Good stuff.

Jerjerrod-Lennox - Again, a recent acquaintence. But an 05'er with a lot of posts! She's got imagination as well and the ability to work with what is given her. She is frequently on and fashions quick replies to PMs or posts in thread. She'd be an assett to the 05-crew.

Well, I'm sure that I am forgetting a few people. If I am, I will get them up here soon for nomination as I think Jerjerrod-Lennox be the only new nom.

11. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    I do not think I shall nominate Imperial_Hammer, since I have a grave fear that if he gets another (well-deserved) nomination, the sheer weight of the goodwill of the boards might cause a quantum anamoly. And there's nothing like a rift in space-time to start your day.

Anyways, I am detecting a distinct lack of Sai-Mera_Saa nominations. This is an injustice. If the man could pack any more flavor and creativity into his posts, he might very well cause a sensory overload. This man knows RPGs, his works are well-written, and always entertaining.

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Well said!! I couldn't agree more! :D

But there is a reason we?I?haven't. RL. Hopefully he'll be able to tell you himself. :)

13. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    From '00, I vote for GrandAdmiralJello.

Jello's been with us since the beginning. He's an articulate perfectionist whose posts are barely ever short on brilliance. Jello's also a proven leader, having ruled over the Galactic Empire basically from its inception to the present day. And to top it off, he's a really kind guy. As Yun said, he's a cog the RPF machine simply cannot be without.

From '01, I nominate Protege-of-Thrawn.

Mad? Brilliant? Which is he, and what's stopping everyone's favourite Machiavellian intelligence director from being both?

As with Jello, PoT has four and a half years of RPing under his belt, not to mention a modship that was cut short by unfortunate circumstances I'd rather not go into. He's got a mind like a razor, a wit to match, and would be a key player in any council he'd be elected to.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He's neither mad nor brilliant--he's simply PoTty (play on batty).

I'd also like to add endorsements of [b]LightSide_Apprentice[/b] and [b]Ktala[/b] as tremendously valuable assets as highly successful game architects and GMs.

15. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    There is one person I'd love to nominate, that person being Saintheart, but alas his time has been taken up by many other things of late so I'm unsure of his availability.

16. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Boom :p ...... You guys are all too nice.

Class of up to '03

LSA: IBoP. Pretty plain and simple. And although I didn't really know him directly from that, he and I have had some really amazing AIM conversations. I consider LSA a great mentor, and his attention to the fate of the RPF proves him to be an excellent member of the council. He has probably the most experience out of all of us, and his presence would augment the Council's wisdom tenfold.

Ktala: Ktala has been another one of these RPers I've begun to interact more with now that IBoP is slowly starting to wind down. Her work in "Test" is amazing and creative, and her posts in other parts of the RPF are constantly of a high quality in both content and creativity.

BartSimpson-SithLord: BSSL is another one of those players that often is overlooked, but is a very key player in keeping the RPF running. I particularly relate to him in that he has a taste of non-SW RPGs, like myself, and does a good job as GM in the games he does propose. His posts in Podracer and in other games I am with him in, such as Clans and Carboneye grants him much esteem in my eyes.

Winged_Jedi: Someone suprisingly not mentioned, Winged is also one of those players that pops in and out, delievering very high quality posts, such as those in System Lords and Clans. He always RPs with a degree of professionalism and quality that reflects a level of skill qualifying him for a council seat.

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I was going to mention him actually but I forgot. [face_blush]

I remember him from when I played in IBOP.

18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    These have already been nominated, but I feel that I should mention them again, as they all deserve such a position. I have not be present in the RPF forum these past few months (other than lurking) as I finished with college, but I am interested in seeing a council assembled for the reasons already stated.

My nominees:

LightSide_Apprentice

One of the most obvious choices. Having created and nutured several of the most popular and far reaching RP's in the forum, I consider him a essential part of any council. Is is one of the most fair and accomodating gamemasters out there, as well as a person who has shown kindness to new players who struggle to enter RPGs.

GrandAdmiralJello

My esteemed friend the Grand Admiral is one of the finest roleplayers in the forum, as well as a man who has shown leadership skills in the EUC Senate. He posesses a keen mind and a articulate way of presenting ideas.

greyjedi125

The great Jedi Master himself. His combination of both stellar roleplaying ability and skill as a gamemaster makes for a desirable nominee. Of all the players I interacted with in Integrated Balance of Power, he was among the very best. One of the hardest working RPers as well, with his Force Users faction being the most active and difficult thread of the IBoP factions.

Please give consideration to these three nominees.

Thank you for your time.

--Adm. Nick

19. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    As those who read my occasional rants will know, I am somewhat disposed towards continually highlighting the value of collective contribution as a means of fostering both communal and individual excellence. Unsurprisingly, the formation of an RPF Council strikes me as a wise move. Though I have not had the opportunity to interact with as many players here as I would have liked (making any selections I offer necessarily biased), I do wish to nominate a few people to show my support for the overall reform movement.

Before I do however, I must thank LightWarden for his kind words. It is support like this that encourages me to address RL with the intention of making it back to roleplay again soon. As Tyi mentioned though, I have some things to deal with in other areas of my life that have called me away for the time being. I am thus unavailable for nomination.

Note: I am aware that everyone on this list has already been nominated. I raise their names again in, as Jello said, ongoing endorsement.

'03 and before

Protege-of-Thrawn
    While much can be said of PoT, and a great deal of that in mylti-syllabic epithets, I think it worth noting that his perspective on the RPF, and forum activity in general, is unmatched in its insightfulness. Allow me to also state the obvious by saying that he is an outstanding focal point for any leadership effort. Besides, as someone noted, he currently lacks minions (apart from the Victorians, who, somewhat suspiciously, live rather close to New Zealand and thus may or may not count ;) ).

GrandAdmiralJello
    A veteran roleplayer that I have, unfortunately, had few chances to interact with, Jello's influence is such that even through observation I cannot help but be impressed by his grand leadership and organisational skill. Combined with a vast perspective on the RPF, Jello would be a focused voice of clarity on any Council.

Lightside_Apprentice
    Another superb proponent of multidimensional organisation, LSA has a proven track record of excellence in everything from game mechanics to interpersonal communication. Though again I have not had the pleasure of playing under him, he has continued to strike me as a person of calm reason and deep analysis - something that recommends him to any leadership endeavour.

'04

Imperial_Hammer
    One of the most dynamic and original GMs in the RPF, I_H has consistently translated his skill into creative and productive advice that has been a benefit for the community. Bridging the boundary between innovative non-SW concepts and the concerns of traditional games, I_H stands, to my mind, as uniquely able to provide an invaluable perspective on the future of the RPF in this time of change.

'05

Tyi-Maet_Nefer
    What can I say? The RPF's very own Lamington Man, Tyi seems to have emerged from wherever he was hiding his talent to sprinkle a collection of entertaining characters across so many games I've given up trying to keep track of them all. Possessed with a special gift of insightfulness, Tyi has the ability to both listen and befriend in an ongoing gesture of goodwill that benefits the RPF community no end.

slumvillage
    My former adoptee, slumvillage has shown himself to be one of the most diligent and receptive players I have ever encountered. Always willing to learn, he has made a concerted effort to transform his writing and become a valuable member of the RPF community. I have seen first hand how truly skilled and committed he is and I am certain that he can apply his penchant for enthusiasm and maturity to the RPF Council.

20. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Id like to nominate mitth. and vote pot for president.

21. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Unless it's a completely different Mitth. In which case, carry on.

22. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    no sense of humor these days.

23. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    In all fairness, it was late when I posted that.

Can we just induct Imperial_Hammer right now?

24. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Only NP can make such a decision ... but to be honest, I think some of the choices so far are very obvious :) that, of course, can only be a good thing ;)

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow. Some eloquent words from Darth_bojangles and my US twin Darth_Vaders_Cousin in the process of nominating me to the Counil.

Even if I had a snowball's chance in Flamewind against such shoe-ins as LSA and Imperial Hammer, I'm officially distancing myself from the race - made easier as I have no idea what you people are talking about.

Besides, my heavy investment in Dubya_Scott's wonderful CarbonEye leaves me too mentally drained for much else. And besides, I'm too much of a rebel, and...clearly a bit of a windbag... so I'll shut up. :)

PS. Kalio_Dynkos! You have colours now?! I'm out of it for a little bit, and everyone gets delusions of granduer! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.