main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson RPG planning

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Corvis_E_Mortdelem Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    Greetings and salutations. I am the G.O.D. of this venture into a distant galaxy.

A few things I would like you to know.

Setting: The time is 10 years after the majority of the Vong left the known galaxy. The particular part of the galaxy will be determined after characters are close to done.

Mood: determined by the players.

Theme: The rebuliding of galactic harmony and peace. (As it always was/is in Star Wars.)

Speacial rules;

Non-Playable races: Gungun, Ewok, Abyssin, Amain, Baragwin, Bartokk, Blood Carver, Celegian, Charon, Chevin, Clawdite, Codru-Ji, Colicoid, Ebranite, Filordus, Frozian, Jawa, Kushiban, Lepi, Miraluka, Neti, Noghri, Ruurian, Shi'do, Sludir, Thisspiasian, Tusken Raider, Vratix, and any others I don't have the stats for. (Droids are a case by case thing)

Non-Playable begining classes: Anything with a Jedi or Sith in its name.

Other details will be dicussed at the session.

P.S. A few things to think about for character concepts.

The characters personal history. Its current age.( mostly depends on race. Humans range for starting char., 16-30 y/o) How did the Vong invasion impact the char. What currently motivates the char. ect.ect.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    RPG has arrived.. tonight is the night.. monday the 9th.. 7pm PM me for directions if you don't have my number to call me for them.

and go back to page three of the thread and read Corvis's post if you have missed it.. gives some important basics for our RPG.

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I had a great time, thanks for inviting me, sorry I had to leave early.

Damian

PS, again, thanks to Cat and Jake for hosting and being such good hosts

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    you know we love having everyone over any time. I am really enjoying getting to learn RPG.. I am sorry that some of the folks we were expecting did not show up.. but the ones that were there.. I think we are off to a great start.. with room for a few more players.. so if you missed tonight.. there is still time to get involved for sure.

thank you so much to Corvis_E_Mortdelem and JamesMorbidia for organizing this for all of us!!

Just let us know when the next time we can meet is.. every other week is certainly good by me.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005

in light of our RPG being after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion I thought I would post what the Star Wars database has about the Yuuzhan Vong for anyone interested.. in this way you can get a little bit of background if you did not have any before.. and if you do already have this knowledge or don't care to have it ..no problem.. just thought I would post it in case.

Fearsome invaders from another galaxy, the Yuuzhan Vong are the greatest threat faced by the New Republic since the collapse of the Empire. The Yuuzhan Vong are singular in their goal of conquering this galaxy filled with infidels, and transforming it into the new Yuuzhan Vong home, as dictated by their gods. They will sacrifice anything for their religious beliefs, and many worlds have been sundered in their crusade.
    The Yuuzhan Vong have a physical appearance quite similar to baseline humanity. They have thicker builds, and less hair atop their heads, and their custom of ritual mutilation helps obscure all but the most superficial resemblances to humans.

The Yuuzhan Vong glorify pain not only as a motive for action, but as a state of living. In much the same way as the Yuuzhan Vong gods resculpted themselves to create their galaxy, the Yuuzhan Vong too alter their bodies for greater purpose. The higher a social rank a Yuuzhan Vong achieves, the more his body is modified. Yuuzhan Vong skin is a mottling of scarring and sweeping tattoos, and those of lofty elevation even graft creature or bioengineered body parts onto themselves.

Yuuzhan Vong organize themselves into castes, strictly defined segments of society complete with distinct religious and social mandates. One of the most populous castes is that of the warrior. The brutal aliens greatly revere combat and pain, thus the warrior caste is believed by many to be the most favored of the gods. The vast military forces of the Yuuzhan Vong consist of frontline warriors led by subalterns, who ultimately are commanded by the warmaster.

The intendant caste works to keep Yuuzhan Vong society functioning. It handles matters of commerce, bureaucracy, trade and the management of the sizable slave work force employed by the Yuuzhan Vong. Intendent ranks include executor, consul, prefect and high prefect.

The priest caste wields considerable power in this rigidly theocratic society. The members of the priest caste are said to have direct communication with the pantheon of gods that rule the Yuuzhan Vong. There exists several sects, each for the worship of a Yuuzhan Vong deity. Ranks within the priest caste include savants, seers, and high priests and priestesses.

The shaper castes are the keepers of the intricate biotechnology employed by the Yuuzhan Vong. Together with the priests, the shapers observe arcane rituals in the development and implementation of organic technology. The shapers rank very highly in Yuuzhan Vong society, and their ranks include adepts and master shapers.

The largest yet lowliest of the Yuuzhan Vong castes are the workers. They consists of three types: those who have have failed to succeed in another caste; those born into the worker caste; those who have been conquered. Slaves and the so-called Shamed Ones (fallen members of society) are technically part of the worker castes, but even they are looked upon disdainfully by their fellow workers. It is the worker caste who performs the menial yet essential tasks of Yuuzhan Vong society, from garbage collectors to personal attendants.

The most exclusive of Yuuzhan Vong castes has only a membership of one: the Supreme Overlord. This is the ruler of the Yuuzhan Vong, and he has supreme religious and secular authority over the invading people. Though the priests may commune with the various Yuuzhan Vong deities, only the Supreme Overlord has a direct connection to the Creator, Yun-Yuuzhan. The current rank-holder is Supreme Overlord Shimrra.

Yuuzhan Vong technology is bizarre and perverse, though it is nonetheless effective. The aliens grow their technology organically. All their devices

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    too many words...head hurts... [face_hypnotized]

7. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Heh, heh. Try reading the New Jedi Order from beginning to end. Gasp! [face_skull]

8. DarthTwiztid

DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2005
    now that is good times! all 17(?) books is a good read.

9. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I may be just forgetting something here, but are we doing our RPG night every other Monday, so the next one would be Monday Januray 23rd, right? Or was this not confirmed. I may be losing it and forgot whether we decided on that or not.

10. DarthTwiztid

Nov 28, 2005
    what time are u guys starting?

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes Tim, you are correct...the next meeting for RPG should be Monday, January 23rd...and DT the time is 6:00 PM

If this should change...I will post it here...other than that, just watch in case JM posts anything on this matter.

12. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Yes every other mon is looking good. Thanks everyone who did come, we have an interesting selection of char. Next time we can actualy get the story going :)

13. DarthTwiztid

Nov 28, 2005
    yea im not off until after 7 now with the chance of stayin late pretty high if i get stuck on a call :(

14. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Damn, 6 pm. I have class on mondays until 7pm. I guess my character can be sitting in the corner doing absolutely nothing, with no contact from any other character until I get there. Oh well.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well DT just remember on RPG nights to call and see if we are still going.. you can always drop by and say hello if not play... and perhaps you might find a way to get your shift changed eventually. I hate that you are missing out.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    no problem.. just join in when you arrive.

17. DarthTwiztid

Nov 28, 2005
    Ok well i got my car working! i am gonna try and make it on monday is some one could pm me directions and or a phone number would be appreciated. I can finish my character on my own today or tomorrow at work here so we wont have to go through that unless there are any other requiremnets other than no jedi sith but i have half of a rodian scoundrel 2/ bounty hunter 2 if we are starting at level 4 correct? anyways i hope to make it i get off at 7 and i guess im really not that far from there when i got off work Irvington and the Freeway pretty much so im excited and hope to attend.

18. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill call to see if its still going whn my wife gets home, she;s having her hen----i mean womens meeting tonight

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    hmmm.. my women's meeting never has more than one other woman and a lot of guys at it... wonder what this says about me [face_laugh]

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    some of the group will be arriving late tonight.. 7:00 instead of 6:00. By all means come at 6:00 if you want and just hang out till we start at 7:00.

21. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I will arrive, earlier rather than later if I can, not like I have anything better to do :_|

22. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Jul 12, 2005
    Though the idea of being able to pick up the Prestige class of bounty hunter before you meet the requierments is lovely. A scoundle of lvl 6 or 7 would be able to pick it up at it's next level. So therfore,ALL characters are requiered to be made in front of my (the GM) eyes.

There is still a little bit of character work to do with the ones that were made last session. After that we will dicuss starting locations and such.

see you all there.

P.S. Some of my friday night group wishes to join. I have no problem with this. It gives all you some expericed RPGers to interact with and learn from, also it will show you that even expericed players still ask about things of the system and such. So if any of you have a problem with this we'll disscuss it at the game.

Thank you,
    The GM.

23. DarthTwiztid

Nov 28, 2005
    ah i forgot bh was prestige so i will be striaght scoundrel

i was just gonna do everything minus the stat rolling i knew u would want to over see that but i was gonna set everything else up for a quick process.

24. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Jul 12, 2005
    the quicker things are during char creation is always better for me, since I can put down a char in almost nothing flat. Tis my favorite part...a close second is exposing others to 'my' star wars universe.

25. DarthTwiztid

Nov 28, 2005
    dun dun dun! lol anyways on my last break, hope to see you all there! fringers crossed so i dont get a late call and end up there all night!