main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RSA's message and request for CR nominations

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by halibut, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Guys, sadly Phil has decided to retire from CR life. I wish him all the best.

As I said on the main board, this is a blank page, a new beginning. And I want to see all chapters thrive - that is of course if that's what the chapter wants.

I have ideas on getting new membership etc, but I need a CR to work with. I cannot do everything for all 6 chapters on the board.

So perhaps I should clarify what I believe the role of a CR is. This is what I told the Powers that Be when approached for the RSA role

"Some have said the CR should be a "leader", others have stated that the only role of the CR is to be a "communicator". Neither of these are true. A CR's job is to guide the chapter, and to organise local meet-ups. It is the CR's responsibilty to be the first and only point of contact with outside groups, when it comes down to a chapter's presence at a local event. It makes things easier all round. A CR is NOT just a "posting boy". It is a person chosen by the group to represent their best interests, and as such it is vital for a potential CR to lay out from the start their vision for the group. If they don't, an election is ultimately meaningless. The RSA is there to guide them and assist them where needed. The RSA is not there to dictate things or take over. If an RSA cannot trust a CR, then there is a problem. Personally I don't have a lot of experience with organising meets, but I do know there are people here whom I can trust to do that. There are also a lot of people that I know will help and guide me when needed. That's an advantage of being here for 7 years."

I need a CR whom I can trust to take an active role in recruitment - whether it be contacting comic shops and universities, or organising flyers. A CR really must want the best for the chapter's future, and not just want a pretty blue name.

Some of the chapters are really floundering at the moment, and there really is no need for it. All it takes is a couple of people to spend a weekend working on the chapter, doing practical things like letter sending, or researching addresses, and we can really get this place booming again.

So if you think you're the person, post your name here with an indication of where you see the chapter now, where you want it to go, and how you can help that.

I am anxious to get this sorted ASAP, so none of this "2 weeks for nominations, 2 weeks deciding, and 2 weeks voting".

Just get those names in!!!

Locked at CR's request

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    ok. i dont have a clue who posts on here anymore. due to that i would like to nominate myself either as a CR (tho id need a bit of guidance from the experienced people) or CO-CR (so somebody could 'train me up')

3. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I just dont have the time and I dont foresee the real life situation changing in the next year. Its unfortunately one of those things, I am very rarely on line now days unless I am researching something specific. I'm going to C4 and that will pretty much be my presence in the Fan-verse for the rest of the year.

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
  5. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    The FFUK:M isnt finished yet.

we are a phoenix!! we will rise from our ashes a greater being!!

6. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    you should be cr dave, you have the passion required for the role.

i'll nominate and second you right now :)

7. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thx for the support dave!!

hope we will be seeing more of you on the board

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.