main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Russia's Last Tsesarevich Still Not Laid to Rest With Family on 95th Anniversary of Execution

Discussion in 'Community' started by Skywalker8921, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    It is absolutely appalling that the remains of the last Heir to the Russian Throne and his sister have not yet been reburied with their parents and siblings in the Peter and Paul Cathedral. Come next year it will be seven years since their remains were discovered. They should be reburied with the rest of their family SOON. Seven years between the recovery of the remains in the original Ekaterinburg grave and their reburial in the Cathedral in 1998 was bad enough, but to have the same thing happening now to the final two killed that night is beyond belief.

By the way, I just realized that today marks the 95th anniversary of the execution. Only five more years and it will be a full century. Please, Russian government, please drop the red tape and allow Alexis and Maria to be reburied with their parents and sisters before July 1918. This tragedy has lasted long enough. It's time to put an end to it once and for all.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Happy Anniversary :confused:

3. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    A little morbid, I know, but I was in the middle of typing my previous post when I realized "It's July 17th, 2013 - 95 years since the family was executed." My mom stilll has a newspaper clipping from July 1998 describing the reburial of Nicholas, Alexandra, and the three girls. I've been a Romanov ethusiast since I was 10 or 11 - I was only 8 at the time of the original reburial and if I was told or heard about it then, I don't remember. It wasn't until Mom let me read Nicholas and Alexandra a few years later that I found out about the Imperial family and what had happened. I was shocked when I learned that Alexei and the missing sister had been found.

4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Tsarevich, not Tsesarevich, no?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    In the older days, before Peter I took the title of Emperor, Tsarevich was used to refer to any son of the Tsar. Tsesarevich first came into use when Peter III bestowed it on his son Paul. Unlike Tsarevich, Tsesarevich was used exclusively for the Heir to the Throne. I, too, thought for a long time that Tsarevich was Alexei's title and was confused when I saw "Tsesarevich" on a discussion forum once, but then I found this Wikipedia article that explains the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsesarevich#Tsesarevich_of_Russia

6. Piltdown

Piltdown Jedi Master star 5

May 3, 2002
    So, this is because if we don't do something with the bodies their ghosts will continue to roam the streets of Yakaterinburg, haunting the houses of bolshie descendents.

Right?

I mean, just FYI you need to salt and burn the bones to put a restless spirit to slumber.

Point Given and Ender Sai like this.
  7. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    No! Alexei and his sister deserve to rest with their family. I mean, come on! Don't they deserve that much?

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Ah. Thanks for the explanation.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    You're welcome.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I was taking a course on the Russian Revolution my junior year of college, and my professor was a Russian immigrant who fled as a child in the late 70s. I remember that during the class in which we discussed the murder of Nicholas and his family, she was very emotional. Took place 60 years before her birth, but she still felt very attached to the history of the country- would be interested to see if this is a cultural thing, or just unique to her, but it always stuck with me.

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

THIS IS CLEARLY THE BIGGEST INJUSTICE IN THE WORLD: TWO CORPSES ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE.

12. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    I hope you're just being sarcastic, Vivec; if you don't care for the subject of this thread then don't read it.

13. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Welcome to the YJCC. We do sarcasm here; we also do humor; in fact, that's what makes this place awesome. If you want srs bsns, try the Senate. They'll make you wear a necktie and sport coat if you go in there though.

Honestly? I doubt any of them give a **** at this point.

Diggy likes this.
  15. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Tsarists deserve nothing.

16. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    Why?

17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This is way at the bottom of the totem pole of things that get me worked up.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Honestly, I doubt the corpse really cares.

19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    what a bizarre thing to care about

20. Piltdown

Piltdown Jedi Master star 5

May 3, 2002
    OK, I thought this thread was a loose but clever parody on the current state of society and it's twisted sense of priorities, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Now, I am starting to believe this is a serious thread and it has gone from pretty funny to ****ing hilarious.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The fact that it would not be nearly as funny if it weren't a serious thread is ironic and even funnier or something.

22. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Was the story that the women in the royal family sewed diamonds into the lining of their corsets to hide them true or not?

23. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    I'm going to make one thing very clear. Those of you who say you don't care, that's fine. But do not even think about derailing this thread with petty jokes about it. Yes, Piltdown, this thread is meant to be serious, and how you could see it otherwise is beyond me. And I resent your implication that it is hilarious. The fact of the matter is that Nicholas II's innocent children did not deserve to be murdered in cold blood the way they were that night, not one of them, and most especially not a thirteen year old boy who lived under the threat of death every day from his illness. Nicholas and Alexandra made some bad decisions, yes, but the children did not deserve what happened to them. Even if you don't respect the institution of monarchy, do not, I repeat, do not, make stupid jokes about such a cruel event and don't even think about tangling with me. I guarantee you, if any Romanov historians were on this thread, you would not be taking the subject so lightly. I suggest, Piltdown, Vivec, Rogue Ten, and everyone else who thinks this is funny, either sharpen up and show some respect when discussing the Romanovs even if you dislike them or get out - NOW.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh dear.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Rogue_Ten like this.
  25. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not sure they post here.

Hopefully, your thread gets buried though.

AaylaSecurOWNED and CT-867-5309 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.