main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA SAFF website update

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by oz_skipp, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    So I've been mucking around with a few things now that I have some time and I've come up with this so far (as of about 10pm last night, I've done more since then). Any suggestions about aesthetics or content, pass them on. Oh and the text is just filler for now ;)

http://tinypic.com/whilw

And in case you were wondering, yes there are appropriate pictures of appropriate people to the right of the banner ;)

2. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Sorry, Skip, seems everyone is too busy bagging the Subway website today ;)

This teaser looks pretty spiffy.

3. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    More work done. Coming together nicely.

Check it out here: http://tinypic.com/wmbyq

Can anyone suggest a decent (cheap!) web host and domain name registering thing. I'll be getting broadband this month and will have 20 meg or so I can use, but unfortunately I'm not supposed to redirect a domain to it (but since my neighbour works at the ISP, I might be able to get around that ;) ).

4. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Umm, you could always use some of my webspace for it. I mean, I'm hosting the files for the forums, so I wouldn't mind hosting the website. I'd give you ftp of course.

(if you're wondering, I have a total of 1,500mb of space with 50gb of bandwidth per month)

EDIT: I do like the design though.

5. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow thats looking AWSOME !!! [face_love]
    Now we just need an Ewok up there and it would be perfect ;)

Keep it up !! :D

6. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    I love it!! looks fantastic!! The colour is easy on the eye, it looks like it'll be easy to navigate, and the piccies look great.

Let's get this happening!

:D

EDIT: feel free to use any of the photos on my site if you wish :)

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Looks awesome, nice work there Skip Use everyones picture....except mine. I'm over exposed I feel.....please take it off? :(

8. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    No worries AD. If it makes you happy though, your pic was the easiest to edit and put in. To be fair though, the picutres of Adelaide people are hidden off to the right of the main view of Adelaide's landmarks - you either need a hi-res monitor or to widen your browser lots :)

Nearly done: http://tinypic.com/wmres

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I like that much better Skipp thank you.

10. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    I have a high-res monitor [face_devil]

Looks good skipp, but would you like to use my webspace?

11. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    yep, loving it!! when do we get it up then? :D

12. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Yup, I'm more than keen to use your webspace. PM me the details and I'll see what I can do. Perhaps tonight even.

For something I've got planned, I'll need to grab a 'good picture' (whatever your interpretation of that is) of the 'usual suspects around here. Hehe, I have an evil grin right about now ;)

13. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    hmmm.....what sort of a 'good' picture of the usual suspects? I have many, from many years of costuming, etc.....AOTC, parsec Life be in it, etc, etc......let me know what you're after, I'll send what I can do.

14. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    PM sent skipp.

And which 'usual suspects' are you reffering to?

15. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    'usual suspects' - a phrase I use, depending on the situation, refers to those I can depend upon.

ie. students who are always late to class - 'ahh, the usual supects have arrived just in time'.

ie. my mates who (without seeing them in months) will be out clubbing on a Thursday (can you tell I miss my uni days?) without fail even though I can only turn up once in a blue moon - 'hey, the usual suspects have arrived!'

ie. SA Star Wars people who post on message boards and end up at picnics and I can say 'hey, it's the usual suspects, how's things?' even though I haven't seen them in a long while.

:)

I'm just looking for 'classy' photos so for those who catch up in meatspace can relate the online names with their real life counterparts ;)

16. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    When you guys have it up and running, let me know and I'll put a link to it with the other FF sites.

17. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    'Classy' photos? Don't think there are too many of those around :D

18. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    I've uploaded a few new photos to my site (see the link in my siggy) of members of here who were members of there.....does that make sense? EDIT: (pages 4 and 5 of my site have the new photos) Not sure if they will come in handy Oz_Skipp, but have a look anyway. They might bring back some really cool memories for everyone anyway.... :)

Keep an eye on my site, I have others, but they have to be 'photoshopped' before I can put them up to make them decent.

19. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Cheers - I'll have a look for anything 'useful' hehe ;)

Must do some real life things (housecleaning, Christmas shopping etc) in the next few days along with some requisite holiday partying (I have things on tonight, Friday, Saturday, Sunday!! erk this may hurt :) ) so I'll get to putting it all together in a few days.

Ive coded up most of it by hand so far, but Dreamweaver has a nice 'template' function that will insert the body of page into it or apply changes to the template, so I think that will come in handy. Assuming DW doesn't play silly buggers, which it has a tendency to to do. I might just use copy paste if it plays up ;)

20. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Update: a functional if somewhat limited version of the site will be uploaded in the next day (or so) as a Christmas present for you all! I haven't properly set up a photos/past events page yet, but that will be fleshed out in due course.

Question: who did the 'fan forced South Australians' logo (the one with the blue / orange with ewok / TIE Fighter / XWing? I'd like to use a slightly modified version of that - is this okay? I'll give due credit.

*Skip fires up flash to have a go at doing an animated intro :)*

21. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    excellent!! a christmas present. Wanna babysit my kids too?? :D nah, only kidding, but I think that 7 weeks holidays might just send me insane......

gonna post a link once it's up? :)

(B-F did that logo, I think)

22. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
  23. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    skip@airnet.com.au

Thanks,
    Skip

24. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    see, now EVERYONE will be sending you stuff......

sending the fash (if i can find it!) asap......check mail.....

...now

;)

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    sends all the hideous spam mail she's been receiving to Skip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.