main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seiously, what was so BAD about Padme?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jewlmc, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    "PS: I overheard the bashing on " those who dished Portman are 16 year old girls" from you. I can assure you, that I am not 16. On the other hand, can I say that those who "love" her are 20 something year old males?"

I don't know. Why don't your poke your head in their and find out? [face_mischief]

4300 posts can't be wrong. [face_love]

2. darth_obawan

darth_obawan Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    uh...well...i just wanna say that even tho padme is probably 1 of my least favorite characters i cant imagine any1 else playing her besides natalie portman

in other words...i hate them both

3. bassethound

bassethound Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2002
    [I don't know. Why don't your poke your head in their and find out?

4300 posts can't be wrong.]

I don't know.. I was a member of another mssg board, and they rehashed the same topic over and over again for 3 years. Of course, the number of posts went up, but the contents.. can be summarized in half a page.

So, yes..you can be wrong. Sorry :)

4. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    "I don't know.. I was a member of another mssg board, and they rehashed the same topic over and over again for 3 years. Of course, the number of posts went up, but the contents.. can be summarized in half a page.

So, yes..you can be wrong. Sorry Oh, yeah."

That must be why TFN recognized the Love Story thread in their "Great Episode II Discussion" article.

Must be doing something right. :cool:

5. bassethound

Jul 31, 2002
    (That must be why TFN recognized the Love Story thread in their "Great Episode II Discussion" article.

Must be doing something right.)

Yup..it is great discussion, no doubt about that. But the contents can be summarized within 2 lines: some feel uncomfortable with the "love story" and the other feel it was done in Shakesperian theme.

I think the fact that the thread generate 4300 ++ posts shows that the fans is basically split on what to make of love story theme. I guess the same can be made here, there are some who are uneasy with Padme and YES, Natalie Portman's portrayal and some who worshiped her.

Well it seems that both you and I belong to the last group. So all I have to say is: I agree to disagree.

6. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Yes bassethound I agree. Both sides should just agree to disagree

7. Leia_Solo

Leia_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2002

Honestly, this thread is mean ain't it? :/

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, I for one, thought Natalie did a pretty good job playing her part, I mean, she didn't get the *easiet* part, it took work. Congats on Portman. :)

8. JediLeiaOrgana

JediLeiaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    It's hard to be nice when you're merit as a human being with intelligence is being questioned.

~*~Jedi Leia~*~

9. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Natalie's the best thing to happen to Star Wars since...

There is no since. She's just the best thing to happen to Star Wars.

10. bassethound

Jul 31, 2002
    It's hard to be nice when you're merit as a human being with intelligence is being questioned.

~*~Jedi Leia~*~

I have to say, that is just SUMS it up :)

11. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002

JediLeiaOrgana could of been said any better.

Also a lot off subject but everybody (well not everybody) has gotten new icons (including myself!) I like um guys! (I REALLY like yours JediLeiaOrgana!) :D

12. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    My main problem with Padme is GL wants her to be to many things, Queen, Senator, handmaiden, vunerable woman one moment, ice queen the next. Pacifist, guntoating super babe, at one point she was going to complete c3p0. I jsut can't figure her out as a character, her motivations and descions never seem to make any sense to me.

13. JediLeiaOrgana

JediLeiaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    dehrian, personally, I think the best thing to happen to Star Wars was George Lucas, seeing as he did create the whole thing, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I'll respect yours. :)

[face_blush] Thanks bassethount and Obis Grl! Yeah, I love my new Icon... :D :D

Rebel Scumb, I really agree with you. George has trouble with who Padmé is, so when she goes from "Working a year to defet the Military Creation Act" to sneaking onto a Speratist-held planet and blasting everything in sight, I have trouble taking her seriously, or figuring out what the heck she's thinking! :mad:

~*~Jedi Leia~*~

14. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    I totally agree Rebel Scumb and JediLeiaOrgana! You can't figure that Padme out!

JediLeiaOrgana yes who wouldn't love that icon an icon of the beautiful Obi! :D
    See I wish we could have like 5 different icons all at once. It would make my life so mush easier because I LOVE so many of the icons I can't choose which one I want!

GRRRR!

15. Red-Talon

Red-Talon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm with Rebel Scumb and JediLeiaOrgana! Great posts, bump!

16. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    (You see! Everybody got new icons! Sorry for being so random... I am really in great need to sleep...)

Once again I agree with Rebel Scumb and JediLeiaOrgana!

17. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Natalie's the best thing to happen to Star Wars since...

There is no since. She's just the best thing to happen to Star Wars.

Amen to that, dehrian! :D

18. Lord_Davious

Lord_Davious Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2002
    One reason - Natalie Portman CANT ACT

19. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    okay.. i saw aotc again... and this time I really focused more on Padme/Natalie. I hate to say this... but some of you need to check your eye sight and get your ears cleaned out... but you don't have to if you don't want to. Look closely at Padme/Natalie, watch her face...her eyes... her expression...she shows emotions in each scene... even the scenes with Anakin. Now, about her dialogue/acting... It gets better and better every time i see it. Its either your blind...or deaf... but... hey... its my opinion... Natalie is a great actress... from what i've seen... I like the way she protrays Padme. and also... Natalie is good with a blaster. :D Not to mention that she kicks Butt. :) *flees*

20. Red-Talon

Jul 12, 2002
    okay.. i saw aotc again... and this time I really focused more on Padme/Natalie. I hate to say this... but some of you need to check your eye sight and get your ears cleaned out... but you don't have to if you don't want to. Look closely at Padme/Natalie, watch her face...her eyes... her expression...she shows emotions in each scene...

Actually, I've tested this on my 4th/5th viewings since they were on the same day.

On the 4th viewing I spent a lot more time focusing on Obi-Wan's investigation, and somewhat on Anakin after they had reached the Lars place.

On the 5th viewing I spent more time on Padme/Anakin, until things get split up near the end.

I enjoyed focusing on Obi-Wan much much more, mainly because his acting isn't laughable, and his lines aren't embarassing to listen to.

In the end, its best when you concentrate on it all because you get the whole story, but when you compare both story lines to each other in AOTC, Obi-Wan's rules! Go Ewan!

21. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    uh yes... This was my 4th viewing... on my third viewing...i focused more on Anakin... and the 2nd one on Obiwan. but anyways... you get the picture. :D *flees*

22. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Red-Talon you are a strong person than I am. During one of my numerous veiwings of AOTC I tried to really focus on the Anakin/Pamde romance and I just couldn't.

All I want to do is laugh or cry at how corny it is.

23. bassethound

Jul 31, 2002
    I watched it twice, and I would have watch more..however the love scene was very difficult to digest.

It is too painful, so I will wait for DVD so that I can fast forward the love story.

GL shouldn't make love story, it really ruins AOTC for me ( IMHO)

24. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I havn't read all 13 pages of the debate, but Natalie Portman was good IMO. Alot better that the way she acted in TPM.

25. Red-Talon

Jul 12, 2002
    I don't blame you Obis-Grl it was hard, but I just kept thinking in my head "only so many more minutes till Geonosis!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.