main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September:Meeting/Event

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by SliP_SitH_KnoT, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    It's been a while now since at least a few of us have gotten together.Now August has ended,and Summer is officially over.High time we start making plans.I have a few suggestions. 1.We could do the simple meet and hangout at a coffee house,bookstore,mall,etc. 2.or possibly go to someones house.(remember,thses are all just ideas and suggestions.) 3.The Movies,but there isn't really anything playing and that would cost some money. 4.The Renaissance Fair. And as for something to discuss,I mentioned before the idea of a fan film.I still stand by this idea.What does everyone else think?

2. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I think we should have a meeting at panera bread again. Yes it has pretty expensive but you don't need to buy anything if you don't want to.

I also have a suggestion, coming up on the 17th and 18th is the baltimore comicon. Its saturday and sunday at the baltimore convention center, which is across from camden yards. Heres the website..
    http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/ If anyone is interested let me know cause I really want to go.

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I must say that I like the idea, but I can't promise that I would be available just yet.

4. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, Scott and I are seriously planning to go down to Baltimore next Saturday for the Comic Con. Is anyone else interested? I can pretty much assure you that there will be lots of vendors selling SW stuff as well as the likelihood that makers like MR, Gentle Giant, Code 3 might be there.

So, give a shout out if you want to go and we can make this an event for the group.

5. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    OO gosh i would love to go...

6. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Its two days but Dave and I are planning on going the 17th which is saturday for that matter. I'm not sure about the transportation at the moment for my mom said now that she would drive me down to baltimore and drop me off, so it looks like you don't have to drive me dave. Unless you really want to. Anyway if your interested megan keep us posted.

7. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    With gas prices you really should car pool and chip in on the cost

8. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Thats what we were orginally gonna do but my mom wants to visit the inner harbor.

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, if she wants to come along, she could ride in my car, or if I could catch a lift with ya'll, I think that since we live this close and we are headed to the same place we should save the gas and mileage and go together.

10. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Ok i can come i just have to call off work. I might be bringing another member from pswcs along with me.

11. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Great, are we all going to carpool? If so, we need to decide who is driving and where and what time we are going to meet up.

12. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    My car is alittle small and has no a/c sooo....

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, so that means you won't be taking anyone in your car, but does that exclude you and your friend from going in another car?

14. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Dave I nominate you to be the official driver. My parents don't want to go so I'll come over your house and we can drive down from there. Megan said she'll drive to your house so shes coming to, but she is also bringing randy I think. So we'll contribute 5 bucks each which will be plenty for gas and I think we should meet at around 9.

15. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Randall.. HA

Yes i nominate dave as the driver. Im the only other person with a license and im sure you dont want me to drive HA

16. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I guess I have no choice but to accept the nomination...

So, Megan, you are bringing a "guest"? Are they at least 17?

17. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    No hes not 17 but hes under my responsibility... is that ok?

18. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    If not ill let him know

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    He can come, just have his folks write a note removing me from any liability and have them sign it.

So, we are meeting at my place at 0900, right?

Does anyone know what the parking situation is for this place? I am thinking that we may have to park in a garage, so we might need a few more bucks for the parking charge.

What time are ya'll wanting to be back here?

20. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    It doesn't matter what time we get back for me. And we should be able to find a parking garage nearby.

21. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Part of me wants to stick around for the Marvel Comics panel at 5:00 PM, but that would mean not getting back up here until 730 or so.

I had hoped to go through my comics and find some of the artists' previous works to get them signed, but I just don't have the time to dig out and go through 13 of my long boxes.

I looked and found a map of Parking garages and there are plenty in the area of the convention center, the thing is just finding one that isn't too expensive or too far.

It should take us about an hour and a half to get down there from my house.

22. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Doesnt matter what time i get back. I dont think he is coming anymore. O ill need you address so i can yahoo map search it to get there.. If you could PM me it would be great

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
  24. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    So im going to leave about 8 and get there before 9. Ill see you all there

25. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Dave, I'll be over a little before 9, see you all tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.