main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meeting!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    yeah, I'll let the everyone know :)

Where do we want to have it?

2. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    We might be able to have a stormtrooper cameo at the table on Wednesday.I'll mostly be at the Guild table between 9 and 1 but I'm sure you all can convince me to put on the plastic. :D

Oh.. and Pikaroth... Thanks for the compliment! I saw that pic in the selection and just had to take it. It's actually called: "Look sir! Donuts!". :D

-Jack

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The cameo would be cool, but if we can't get anyone to work the table then it would probably be a wasted effor. I know I know, as ERFSEDS Grand Admiral I should be exploiting the fact that I know a Stormtrooper, but I don't want you to get all dressed up if no one is going to be there to explain what you are doing there. Although, if you happen to be at the GG table in your armor and wander by, that would be cool. Or better yet, why don't we just put the tables next to each other? When is your group setting up? Capt_Nobeard, are you going to be able to work the table during the day at all??

4. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    I'm not sure when we're allowed to start setting up. From what they said at the club metting on wednesday it sounds like it's just gonna be a mad dash for the tables around 7:30/8 am. I've got a class from 8 till 9 so I probably won't be the one setting up the guild table. We'll probably talk out what we're doing tomorrow and I'll get back to you guys on the specifics.

-Jack

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, I caught that. It's funny because the registration sheet says setup is at 9am. Hmmmmm, oh well. I also have class from 8-9 so we'll have to see. Ill have a definite plan Tuesday night after our meeting.

6. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    So, where do you guys want to have the meeting? What do we want to do?

Do you want to grab a bite to eat? Watch a movie? Have some sort of cookout? Meet at Barnes & Noble? Go rock climbing? Stuff our shoes with spaghetti? Any more ideas?

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hmmmmmm, can I stuff my shoes with Linguini???

Well I seriously need to get back into climbing. But from what I hear, Saturday's aren't the best days to go, unless we wanted to go later that night, around 6-midnight or something.

Barnes and Noble is cool with me. I only have the first 5 JA books so I need to increase my collection :) But that's also around lunch time. Hmmmmm. With Warhammer starting at 2, what if we met and B&N, which would be a great place to take care of business and hang out with any potential new members, maybe bring a board game or something, then go eat afterwards? Or better yet, go to someone's place and watch a movie/order pizza?

I would go for the cookout idea, but I don't know where we would do that. I could try and use my super ERFy powers to reserve the BBQ pit at Riddle, but I think some random Frat has it next weekend.

8. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Barnes & Noble sounds good. What time do you want to meet there? Does everyone want to stick with 1:00 like we've been talking about?

-Jack

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I was thinking around noon would be good, but some members can't make it 'till around 1:00. I say just start showing up around 12:30 and we'll start when everyone gets there. That'll give us a chance to chat before the meeting.

Have any of you Riddle folks heard the rumors about class being cancelled from 10-2 tomorrow for the Convocation and Act. Fair? My calc teacher cancelled class for tomorrow, but Student Activities looked at me like I'm insane, then told me that the teachers would know more than they would. I'm so confused. If anyone knows anything, please post! I would rather be able to work the fair all day and if classes are cancelled I'll costume.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jack, I don't see the official business part of the meeting lasting more than about half an hour, so you guys should be able to get back in time for 40k. Just to be safe, bring everyone that plays along! That way it can't start without you ;)

Jayna, what business do we have to take care of?

I would also like to say that anyone that reads these boards is invited! The more the merrier! :)

11. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    (*&(*&))(&$%$#@#@%@%#(*&)_)(&^@#!!!!!!!!
    I have to pick up my *beep!* husband on Saturday in Jacksonville, so Ihave been rendered unable to make Saturday's meeting.

However, to make up for my insolence, I offer my house to you all for a BBQ and various games (including HALO) that night starting at around 8pm-ish.

PS- I am always looking for an excuse to wear ABS Sunblock... I see they are having "80s night" at the v-ball game on Tuesday..nothing much more quintessential 80s than Star Wars... anybody else wanna costume?

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Damn! Sorry to hear that Karma :( Can't the fly boy just, well, fly home??

What time is the vollyball game Tuesday? My Jedi costume isn't all that 80's, but who cares! I have a meeting at 5:30 until whenever so I'll try and make it.

13. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I think the game starts at 7pm on Tuesday.
  14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Arrrr, the meeting is almost upon us matees. Do we have a finalized plan, or should I let me Kowakian monkey-lizard make a executive decision?

15. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah- this Saturday, 1pm, Barnes and Noble. I am definitely up for doing stuff afterwards too- but I just figure we'll work that out when we get together. Sorry you can't make it, Karma!! :( I don't know if I'll be able to do something as late as 8 pm- but I can't speak for the rest of the group. Thanks though!

Topics of official business for the day: T-SHIRTS!!!, a regular monthly meeting time, upcoming group events, Halloween, whether or not we are still pursuing the on campus club, card gaming nights, and various other things I haven't thought of yet.

If the volleyball game was on a day other than Tuesday, I'd be all over that, but Tuesday is my crazy-blasty-busy-all-day day. Sad.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sheesh, no pirate speak. tsk tsk tsk.

Anyway, if anyone wants to check out my GA uniform I'll be making an appearance around 12:30 then changing for the meeting. I don't think I'll be wearing any paint though. :)

17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    So does that mean that you are just going to be some random GA instead of Thrawn? That's just not half as fun. I'll be interested to see it anyhow.

I was wondering if you guys would be up for some Star Wars games? I have Star Wars Life- where you are a Jedi and you get to pick your path and everything. It's pretty cool- and I'm sure it'll be even better when playing with a bunch of total Star Wars nuts. I also have Star Wars chess- classic game, excellent game pieces.

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'll just be a random GA until I hit the lotto and can buy the contacts. Probably next year when I get my free eye exam and my next fin. aid check. And I just got my hair cut, so I'd look like Thrawn wearing a dirty eraser on his head :p

Star Wars games sound fun! But does a Jedi choose the path, or does the path choose the Jedi? hmmmmmm *insert Yoda laugh here*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.